• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Myhill wins back her licence to practise

UPDATE=========

Sarah has her next IOP with the GMC on 31st March. This is the standard 3 month review IOP that GMC rules require them to do.
The High Court hearing will now happen in March or April.

Dr Myhill has her next IOP with the GMC tomorrow. (31 March)

As soon as I have any news I will post it here on this forum.

This IOP is a follow up review to the previous ones (3 monthly review)

IOP DECISION - The full determination will be sent to Sarah by email tonight. In essence the restrictions remain in force although the ones regarding prescribing we believe have been slightly relaxed. More details will follow when Sarah has had a chance to look through it all.

ixchelkali

This just sucks. It's not bad enough that they subject ME patients to their psychobabble nonsense, but now they are willing to punish any doctor who tries, in good faith, to offer real treatment. Of course, this isn't aimed just at Dr Myhill, but at any doctor who might look at the evidence (or at the patients!) and conclude they are seriously ill and need serious treatment. Do so and you will lose your license to practice medicine at all, they proclaim. And the medical professionals stand blithely by and let it happen.

It sickens me.

Lucinda

Does this mean Dr Myhill is still not allowed to prescribe B12 and Magnesium injections? I am a patient of hers and really want these injections.

The key difference between the January 2011 IOP and this one is exemplified by the following change to restriction 6:

====================================================================================================
The January 2011 determination included point 6 as below:

6. You may only prescribe or advise the prescription of medication for which a prescription is necessary:
a. In accordance with the guidelines as laid down in the British National Formulary (BNF) and also National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE) guidelines where appropriate, and
b. For a clinical condition for which it is intended or indicated as laid down in the BNF and also NICE guidelines where appropriate, and
c. Not exceeding the maximum safe recommended daily dosage, and
d. Not outside the uses permitted by its licence.

whereas the most recent IOP included point 6 as:

6. You may only prescribe or advise the prescription of medication for which a prescription is necessary, in accordance with the guidelines as laid down in the British National Formulary (BNF) and also National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE) guidelines where appropriate
==================================================================================================
Under GMC rules they have to call a Fitness to Practise hearing within 18 months of the original IOP - so that is by October this year.

But of course court proceedings may well happen before that.

That is all I can say for now. I am sorry.

Thanks for your continued support,

Lucinda

I contacted the office, and found out Dr M is now allowed to prescribe B12 and magnesium injections. Good news!

Enid

Takes the establishment here long enough to catch up. ! Good news for Dr Myhill and all her patients at last.

Referral of GMC to Equality and Human Rights Commission

I have today received a letter confirming that the relevant department within the Equality and Human Rights Commission is to investigate potential equality institutional issues within the GMC regarding the implementation of its disciplinary rules and regulations.

This is as a result of a complaint that I have made with respect to these issues.

I will keep you as posted as I am able within the restriction that exist whilst such an investigation is taking place.