• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Does Anyone Else Wake Every 1.5 hrs?

Wishful

This doctor claims waking every 90 minutes is related to a narrow anatomical airway

No, he claims that it's one possible explanation among 'a number'. I still think airway problems would be more variable, both in timing and daily variations related to diet, daytime activities, nasal secretion level, etc. My wakings are consistently 90 minutes (+/- a few minutes) unless I consume CLAs, which consistently extent the durations and have a consistent shortening of time late in the sleep period. It also seems tied in to altered REM state acquisition, so I'm convinced that it's related to that. Airway problems are a possibility, but I don't consider them likely enough to convince me to buy some sort of recording device just for the purpose of checking.