• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Do you have the ability to draw cartoons to a good standard, and would like to help the ME community?

Countrygirl

I, on behalf of a well-known doctor who supports UK ME patients, am looking for an illustrator.

It is for a book that is written in the style of Dr Susse, and the artist will need to illustrate the story of how ME patients have been and are maltreated by doctors who promote the BPS view of ME, and who use GET and psychological treatments as a 'cure' for the disease in the UK. It doesn't matter where in the world you live, but if you understand the UK politics of ME, that might be helpful.

The profits of the book will be used for research into how ME develops by studying blood samples following a viral infection.

This is an example of Dr Susse's book: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lorax-Dr-S...&qid=1619892618&sprefix=lorax+,aps,172&sr=8-1

if you have such a gift, enjoy drawing cartoons, and would like to help the ME community, please get in touch with me and I will connect you with the doctor who is writing the text, much of which is completed.

Thank-you!

Countrygirl

Interesting idea. Is there already a story script or a discussion about the story, like where users can contribute their own anecdotes?

I have been suggesting some of mine, and if you have some to add please write them here and I will pass them on. This will be written as a black comedy, and will be entertaining. I have read the script so far and it made me..........snigger, (I think that is the most appropriate word)

It is written to raise funds for research project where the allocated money was then removed.

It should be fun.

Countrygirl

Rufous McKinney

This will be written as a black comedy, and will be entertaining.

In some other thread around here, I was just recently discussing our need for a full on ME Comedy. so this may help get us there!

I'd love to: illustrate that but: answer is I can't any longer do that, either!