• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dermorphin Experience - Very Impressive Results

I too have found relief with opiate related meds, hydrocodone, Kratom. Brainfog disappears, my mood is much better and can focus and get things done. I feel almost normal. Looking at getting away from Kratom, I have been on it too long.
I also tried LDN way back and it did not seem to make a difference.
@hamsterman how is the Dermorphin going. Could you PM your source. I would like to look into trying it

frozenborderline

@Hip what do you think about deltorphin and the potential for delta opioid agonists in general to help with pain and mood without causing as much tolerance build up as mu agonists ? Also are there studies suggesting dermorphin also doesnt build tolerance or is this simply inferred from anecdotes ?

Hip

@Hip what do you think about deltorphin and the potential for delta opioid agonists in general to help with pain and mood without causing as much tolerance build up as mu agonists ? Also are there studies suggesting dermorphin also doesnt build tolerance or is this simply inferred from anecdotes ?

I think the trouble with deltorphin is the extremely short half life 8.3 minutes (if I read this paper correctly).

Dermorphin also has an extremely short half life of 1.3 minutes in rats. SO when you take it, it will be almost completely gone from the body after an hour.

I think the way dermorphin provides benefits for ME/CFS may be due to it hitting the mu-opioid receptors hard, and causing a down-regulation in these receptors that lasts for a few days. This down-regulation then provides the therapeutic effect.

If the same thing happens with deltorphin, then in effect deltorphin may act as a kappa-opioid receptor down-regulator, which is the opposite of the kappa-opioid activation you are looking for.

hamsterman

@hamsterman yeah I second that how is it going. I will also dm u I have another question.

I got nearly 3 good months out of it, but the last few weeks, it has lost much of it's effect. It may be because of an unrelated health issue, but also, I might've carelessly spoiled/contaminated it after I noticed the lyophilized powder was 'clumping', possibly due to moisture getting trapped in the bottle.

I am in the process of getting a 'group buy' together, which would also involve chemically testing the substance. pm me if you are interested.

Just as a side note, I've had a few people enquiring about using it for pain-relief. I really don't know about this. It would NOT reduce pain like a typical opioid agonist, since it has such a short half-life. However, it may reduce myalgia the same way that ldn can reduce it in some people. The same mechanism that dermorphin uses to reduce brain-fog may be correlated to myalgia/pain, but I'm not the best person to ask, since I don't suffer from significant myalgia.

BenFromNZ

I got nearly 3 good months out of it, but the last few weeks, it has lost much of it's effect. It may be because of an unrelated health issue, but also, I might've carelessly spoiled/contaminated it after I noticed the lyophilized powder was 'clumping', possibly due to moisture getting trapped in the bottle.

I am in the process of getting a 'group buy' together, which would also involve chemically testing the substance. pm me if you are interested.

Just as a side note, I've had a few people enquiring about using it for pain-relief. I really don't know about this. It would NOT reduce pain like a typical opioid agonist, since it has such a short half-life. However, it may reduce myalgia the same way that ldn can reduce it in some people. The same mechanism that dermorphin uses to reduce brain-fog may be correlated to myalgia/pain, but I'm not the best person to ask, since I don't suffer from significant myalgia.

How did it go, did you try a new batch, and are you getting benefits from it still?

As an aside, since we are discussing opoids. In the past I had great success with Tianeptine which is believed to have at least some kind of affect on opoid receptors (it been a long time since I researched so don't remember the specifics). It took about 7 weeks for me to know the benefits though. When I came off it I had terrible withdrawal symptoms particularly extreme anxiety. It was hell. I figured it could be because of some type of opoid withdrawal (the drug also has other mechanisms), and remembering that I had some Iboga TA I thought I would try some to see if it would help. I took a very small amount of Iboga Ta and my withdrawals cleared up within a couple of hours. I don't think I even needed to take any more doses of Iboga, but just to be safe I took another couple of small doses for the next couple of days. Didn't have anymore issues with withdrawing from Tianeptine.

Iboga is often used at very high doses and with professional medical staff (its can be challenging and cause medical issues at large doses) to get people off serious addictions to opiates. However some people also microdose it for various reasons. I believe it could be very helpful to help ward of tolerance issues with some opiates if small doses were taken every week or two.