• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Demonstration at the CDC

Grape Funk

I actually thought this idea would be easier on people.. as many of us cant plan to show up somewhere on a certain day. It allows people to work around the illness. (I didnt mean for the same people to go many days straight but rather working around our illness so we can demonstrate on our better days when able). When just one day is planned.. the odds are that many may just be too sick that day or will push real hard to make it that day and hence make one much iller.

I just fear we will not have a readily ample amount of activists to hold up more than a day, let alone a single day gathering in one area. Man this is tough

jimbob

ME/CFS84-XMRV+
The demonstration at the CDC is posted at ACTUP.ORG on the 2nd page of the front page news and contains more details. They have been very receptive and helpful with our plight. I believe they may be our last hope in getting enough people to make an impact. WE NEED MORE PEOPLE or at least ideas how to get them. Any group will do, because it effects EVERYONE. Thanks, Jim

justinreilly

Jimbob, thanks for sticking with organizing this protest!! This is very important, imo.

My offer still still stands of donating $200 for stipends for local pwME to come (by giving, say, $20, to each pwME or family member or friend that comes to protest for the day).

Curious if you've had a chance to contact any Atlanta-area support groups?

muffin

Please hit Facebook as some people are interested and need more info!

Have to get the word out and get the sick and healthy to Atlanta to demonstrate in front of CDC. It is WAY PAST TIME for a major, newsmaking demo at the CDC on US.

I don't know if this has been discussed. Too tired to read all. Act Up did
Die In's at public places of interest have been thinking about Sick Ins for some time now. Like the front of the door of the CDC. Maybe chained to the door will get the police involved, Be prepared for arrest with lawyers and bail money. I'm ready. Die Ins for AID's got media attention and results. And civil disobedience is a legitimate and historical political action. If those with ME/CFS and or their representative came with all the aids that it takes to stay... Wheel chairs, oxygen, medicines, blankies etc. It gives a better picture. We could get MARTA disability van to pick us up and bring us to the CDC. Then it could return shortly and take people home. I'm housebound but I will go in a heartbeat. 'Corse I live in ATL. Or Maybe I will get my aid to bring me down and I could lay in the car seat with the doors open.. Whatever. The press neads to be notified as well as the CDC. And someone needs to acquire a permit. Although arresting sick people makes good tv. there is one group NE of here and I think they would like to show up.

jimbob

ME/CFS84-XMRV+
May demonstration at the CDC postponed until after April and May ME/CFS upcoming events. Due to lack of numbers, there wasn't enough time for a plan B, where a smaller group could put on a different type of demo. Thanks to all who volunteered and helped out. Jim