• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Covid Booster & Flu Shot Tommorrow

BrightCandle

Feeling a lot better now, through the day I improved and as the pain has gone from my arm so has the rest of the symptoms and I feel back at my current baseline. I got the booster the morning of the 22nd but suffered from the 23rd morning onwards, so about 30 hours in all of feeling awful.

RyeRyeBread

Could this be a complication of the booster ?
I'm sorry all this is happening to you, I hope you get definitive answers soon! 🙏

I am not super educated on the vaccines or booster, but to me that sounds like something that may have been lingering prior to vaccination, and perhaps was exasperated by the booster? Or possibly unrelated and happen to come about at the same time. Again, I do not know much in-depth about possible complications of the vaccines :[

RyeRyeBread

Yep that was unpleasant but I feel baseline still today and slept well. A little annoyed the press is saying it will only be effective for 10 weeks, that kind of sucks.
Yeah, kinda sucky, but hopefully as research progresses we'll get ones that are longer lasting and maybe even with less side effects 🙏 lol

Booble

I don't see how they could possibly know that when Omicron has not even been in existence for 10 weeks.

Booble

I don't see how they could possibly know that when Omicron has not even been in existence for 10 weeks.

Also, that article is referring to catching the virus. I think at this point everyone is focusing on preventing severe disease, hospitalization and death.

hapl808

Also, that article is referring to catching the virus. I think at this point everyone is focusing on preventing severe disease, hospitalization and death.

I'm not sure people are adequately focused on that, as the whole point of boosters seem to be for antibody neutralization to avoid symptomatic infections, rather than t-cell and other immune function to fight off serious illness or death.

I'm not clear that boosters significantly improved disease outcomes; as you mentioned, omicron hasn't really been around long enough to have data on the disease progressing in large numbers to hospitalization or death. That usually takes a month or so.

Like a lot of stuff, we just don't have much data yet.

Booble

I'm not sure people are adequately focused on that, as the whole point of boosters seem to be for antibody neutralization to avoid symptomatic infections, rather than t-cell and other immune function to fight off serious illness or death.

I'm not clear that boosters significantly improved disease outcomes; as you mentioned, omicron hasn't really been around long enough to have data on the disease progressing in large numbers to hospitalization or death. That usually takes a month or so.

Like a lot of stuff, we just don't have much data yet.

Really? I thought that is 100% what people are focused on. The local governments particularly as they are trying to make sure that the hospitals don't get overrun.
Once this transforms into a more ordinary "cold" then the crisis is over.