• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Coronavirus: what your country is doing, how you feel & general discussion

pattismith

Contrast what he's saying about masks (they are definitely effective) to what is propagated here (masks are useless)... Although I may understand that kind of misinformation in times of face mask&Co shortages...(Edit: I think medical staff are priority one!)... I still think it's dangerous and harmful.

French government did the same lies about mask...For the same reason…(in order to hide the bad preparation of our country/no mask supply/no education to wear mask etc)
When it was obvious they were lying, they started another strategy: blaming people wearing masks because medical staff was missing them. There is currently a very bad atmosphere generated in France by all this bad and negative communication….

pattismith

Actually, Prof. Kim said reactivation? Do I remember falsely?
yes he did:
1585431184884.png

Wally

@Inara and @pattismith -

https://www.livescience.com/cloth-masks-coronavirus.html
This article was published 4 days ago and seems to support the idea that some type of face covering would be better than nothing. Sometimes, the experts miss the boat on pushing “best practices” when their idea of “best” is not tracking with the reality of what is available in the real world. I have a few N95 masks saved from the fires that we experienced in California back in 2018, but all the surgical masks that I purchased back in January are gone (used or donated). Guess it is now time for motorcycle helmets, bandanas, ski masks, Halloween masks and other homemade cloth, plastic, metal, wood and paper masks. 🤪🥴😷

This U.S. manufacturer made the decision to shift 75% of their production of pillows into making face masks.

I also know of several people who had established business contacts in China in the high tech area, who were able to leverage those relationships to connect up with distributors in China who have access to face masks. In one case over a million masks were purchased for a hospital in New York. All of this is being done through third party sellers, I am sure some of this is being done for profit, but there are brokers doing this for free just to help where government channels may be more cumbersome to get these supplies. Watching the news today and it looks like they are really putting out the call for people to donate any personal stock of face masks to healthcare facilities. It will be interesting to see if people respond to this plea and how much of this product has been privately stashed away.

I am headed to my attic to see what supplies I may have for those homemade masks. 🎃🤡👺😼

Last edited:

Mick

Yes I am.

Of course, you are or rather you have every reason to be sure.

Why do doctors/coroners try to make us believe that certain deaths are not because of coronavirus?
It has to do with the way doctors think: there are no healthy people, and in fact, everybody is sick (with a developing illness) but undiagnosed. So, when only just a little is required to kill somebody because his/her heart can't stand very much anymore - it may be qualified as a heart attack.

The question is how far can this line be drawn - and what if coronavirus makes the picture blurry - because what if it leaves the heart in such a bad condition that it really looks like many years of abuse.

So this is all simple from the doctors' point of view and nobody will even think twice - maybe with time doctors will start to notice a pattern that the virus leaves the heart in a bad condition and that the virus is the cause of death. But until this is confirmed they assume that only lungs are attacked.

But it gets even worse... ie. this is entirely untrue that these people were killed not by the coronavirus.
Understand this: people with very low heart capacity can live for years. Maybe breathing oxygen all the time but still.
Then they might get better therapy, better drugs, a heart transplant, bypass surgery, and most importantly supplements like carnitine.

Thus they could live for another 10 or 20 years if they are lucky to have good insurance, find a good doctor or search the web to find supplements for themselves. Many older folks do take supplements. But many don't take the most needed ones just "something" as prevention. However, most of them don't even care and don't take anything. At least that's my observation.

So the final conclusion is: if we assume that people get the best possible care (even if their condition is already not that good) then these people might live for the next 10-20 years. Of course, they don't get the best possible care now but if they survived they could live to see the times when the healthcare system is much much better - this is already happening thanks to better tests, drugs, etc. and even smartphones play a role in this improvement.

Rufous McKinney

Now in the evening of the 27th Luxembourg, Belgium and Netherlands made it to the countries of higher than 2 times the average pneumonia deathrate
I have a few N95 masks saved from the fires that we experienced in California back in 2018,

Ditto- the only masks we have were in the wildfire supplies...otherwise vanished weeks ago in stores....including clorox handywipes (Thank you, County government!!!)

GOGGLES...the wildfire goggles...ARE ALSO a really good idea. If I go to the store myself (I've managed to avoid so far...) I am wearing those goggles, plus I can clean them....Wish we had Welder's Masks...(like we now see some of the health care workers with).

Clearly some mask is better than zero mask. The eyes are a direct conduit....gosh even sun glasses might help ....

Wally

In the U.S. - It will be interesting to see if availability, to the end user, of current stockpiles and/or new production of the following items: 1) face masks, ventilators, face shields, gloves, goggles, gowns , 2) rapid response testing kits, and 3) hydroxychloroquine (or similar coronavirus effective off label use drugs) will have substantially increased by Easter (2 weeks away).

Many experts (and those that are not, but who seem to get a lot of media face time to express their opinions) believe that the supply chain for these supplies will not even begin to impact the demand for at least 30 to 90 days. Others, who have direct experience in manufacturing and distribution, believe that with the new coordinated distribution and production of these supplies, which was pushed into high gear in the last seven days, we may see a significant change in availability in the next 14 to 21 days. Guess we will just have to wait and see whose crystal-ball is the most accurate. 🔮 📆

Last edited:

YippeeKi YOW !!

Guess we will just have to wait and see whose crystal-ball is the most accurate. 🔮 📆
One of the problems that at least two Governors, trying to round up supplies for the sorely-pressed hospitals in their state, have had is that they will, in fact succeed, and then, after their order has been confirmed, the US Gov't swoops in, overbids them, and snatches the desperately needed supplies away, leaving the hospitals in those states in even direr straits ....

Last edited:

pamojja

pamojja said:
Now in the evening of the 27th Luxembourg, Belgium and Netherlands made it to the countries of higher than 2 times the average pneumonia deathrate

I said that in the context of my calculation for all countries affected. 2 times the average for those countries mostly affected is sadly still only about the average for all countries of this world, inclucing those not yet affected.

https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...ou-feel-general-discussion.79429/post-2265682

And in the context, that if one takes Lombardy, Emilia Romagna and Pietmont region out of the calculation for Italy.
Madrid region and Catalonia out of the calculation for Spain.
Grand Est and Ile-de-France regions out of the calculation for France - the remaining countries (Italy, Spain and France) are just as unaffected as the rest of Europe (untill now).

Now Luxembourg, Belgium and Netherlands are all regions comparable in size to those mentioned above. And if one looks at this European map of the average NO2 pollution in Europe during the last 3 years, a frightening picture emerges:

nitrogen_dioxide_over_europe_-png.36633

The largest polluted area in Italy is Lombarty, Emilia Romagna and Pietmont all in one area (the big red spot in the North of Italy).
In Spain Barcelona (Catalonia) and Madrid are clearly visible (as dark red spots).
In France Ile-de-France region around Paris is the worst polluted.
While Luxembourg, Belgium and Netherlands along with the worst hit region accross the border in Germany, North-Rhine-Westphalia, seems actually the largest polluted area in whole Europe.

From this association one could now conclude, the next areas most affected could be England, Moskau, Istanbul, Israel and maybe Algier. Hoping I'm wrong.

Last edited:

frozenborderline

Have brief update. My flu symptoms and tachycardia/blood pressure at rest have basically stabilized but I'm still so much sicker than I was before I got this infection. My pots and fatigue is way more intense.

In addition to that I have the bad news that my test results came back negative.

How is this bad news?

Well, if this was just some ordinary flu or cold virus and it floored me that badly to where i think i almost died, what's going to happen when I get the actual coronavirus?

I really wish I could know that at least this hell was over and I had developed immunity. Bc getting over it early on and then not having yo worry about it later would be a nice silver lining for going through hell.

I wish I could get a second test but it may be too far out for pcr tests to be accurate, and we don't have antibody testing in the US. Not to mention its hard to get a test unless you're ill enough to be hospitalized. Let alone a second test. I'm hoping one of my doctors will push for one bc I'm immune compromised but idk. I know the UK is rolling out home antibody testing but I don't know how accurate it will be. I'm hoping that it will be possible to buy those test kits from people I know in the UK, or that we follow suit quickly.

I ART tested as positive for covid and a fungal infection in lungs

I'm not in a super pristine location bc trouble travelling and our van being bad. I'm in just a good enough location, so I still wonder how I'd feel in death valley or Lovell canyon.

Again the thing that terrifies me is the idea that it was a) this easy to get an ordinary flu illness that wasn't even covid (and should have a lower RO) even while being extremely cautious re sanitization and stuff , and b) that some ordinary flu virus could floor me this badly.

Of course I actually am leaning toward thinning it really is covid based on how unusual it is for me to get this sick from an infection but even more so based on how infectious this seemed to be and how we picked it up without interacting directly with any sick people. But it's not very comforting to live with the uncertainty

frozenborderline

The largest polluted area in Italy is Lombarty, Emilia Romagna and Pietmont all in one area (the big red spot in the North of Italy).
Interesting post. I've heard from lots of people that thought the air in northern Italy was particularly healing, and said that the Italian dolomites and also even the city of florence had great air. But they felt awful in rome and much of southern italy.

dannybex

I haven't had time/energy to read this entire thread, let alone half of it, so here's my weird question:

Has anyone on PR actually been diagnosed with the coronavirus, or are people self-diagnosing or assuming they have it?

percyval577

nucleus caudatus et al
I received a delivery today from Sagawa. The driver was sneezing violently, coughing, and sniffling, without wearing a mask.

I'm trying to figure out how to find his manager, and kick him firmly in the nuts. :D

I washed my hands thoroughly, sprayed the package and the door with Pasteurizer 77. In Japan we have a saying, there's no pill for stupid. :cautious:
We have the same saying here in Germany. Additionally:

Stupid born, nothing learned, and the half forgotten.

EDIT: "Born stupid" is much more accurate, I guess.

Only once I heard: "Being that stupid may rather not be possible."

Last edited:

pattismith

Some of us know all about viral reactivation.

I'm not sure covid reactivation one week after an acute infection is the same kind of reactivation we can have with persistant virus like EBV or herpes, etc. Covid is supposed to be cleared from the body after the infection is gone. On the other hand it can last a long time before it is totally cleared from the body, sometimes up to 1 month! So during this time, if the immune system is not competent for some reason, relapse may happen. One cause could be lymphopenia that is often noticed during a covid infection.

I haven't had time/energy to read this entire thread, let alone half of it, so here's my weird question:

Has anyone on PR actually been diagnosed with the coronavirus, or are people self-diagnosing or assuming they have it?

No one tested to my knowledge, but some people suspected, you will find some of them here:

https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...-i-have-covid-19-symptoms.79568/#post-2265957

;;;;;;

Back