Cooking for a crash.

How did this turn out for you?
It needs another year and a half to dry, my impatient version of "old men planting trees whose shade they know they will never sit in".

I could just buy a piece of hardwood ready to work, I find them all the time whilst searching for guitar parts, but this is quite satisfying. :D

Do you have power tools to work it? Smoothing that by hand would be.... :sluggish::aghhh:
Exactly :D, I have a power planer I intend to use. Sanding educates me very quickly on my limitations.

nina22

I can't eats grains but I make banana pancakes: one mashed banana, an egg and 1/2 cup almond flour. I make like three batches of them on my good days and freeze them for my bad days. The almond flour makes them a kind of protein snack so they're filling. I often can't chew so soft food is so nice! I also make a full batch of hamburger patties or cooked chicken breasts ahead of time and just keep them in the freezer and microwave one at dinner time.

Strawberry

I just figured out a stupid simple recipe that provides simple breakfast.

I hate carbs and sweets, I’ve always been an eggs and bacon girl. But eggs and bacon are impossible to cook!

FOUND…. Cartons of liquid eggs. Love.

Get a 32 oz carton of liquid eggs (or two 16), and dump into a greased 9x9 brownie pan. Dump in a rounded tablespoon of powdered broth. I used this: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B005VOOHUE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No need to use that specific brand or flavor, I link it merely so you can see salt content and ratio to ounces liquid for anything you might have lying around.

Let it sit for a few minutes to dissolve a bit, and whisk lightly to mix evenly into liquid eggs. Maybe sprinkle some pre shredded cheese on top.

Bake at 425 for about 30-40 minutes, or until just set and a fork comes out clean. I didn’t preheat and cooked for 40 and they were perfect.

Hmmm, I just got another idea. Put the powdered broth into the egg carton, shake a bit to mix. Then pour into brownie pan.:rolleyes:

Once cooled, cut into 9 squares and freeze flat in a one gallon ziplock bag. I put them in the bag same as as they come out of the pan. Once frozen, I can drop onto the floor to break into the squares. (In the bag of course) They do freeze solid, but break easy back into 9 squares.

I pop one in the microwave on high for a minute and a half, then let it sit for a few minutes to even the hot and cold spots out. Then heat another 30-45 seconds until hot.

I can have eggs for breakfast again. A 32 oz carton is about 18 eggs, so 2 eggs per square.

You’re welcome.

I usually save one portion of our dinner food in the freezer.

If I am lucky, my husband would have made me a big batch of gluten free/dairy free/egg free waffles. I would eat those with whatever cooked meat I can find, usually ham or chicken or turkey.

I also use my Instant Pot (electric pressure cooker (and 6 other types of cooker) to prepare dishes to freezer for those days when cooking is just not possible. I get 6 - 8 servers from one pot.
Place eggs in the Instant Pot, all the instructions I find recommend the steamer basket but I just put them in the water, then heat until pressurized and turn off. Wait 6-7 minutes and vent. Promptly take them out and place in a bowl under running water.

Easiest to peel eggs ever. :D

It also seems like the yolks aren't as drying in the mouth.