• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Confused about folate deficiency symptoms

Pyrrhus

I've been thinking about trying a 4-5 mg dose but I'm kind of scared. need to do it on a weekend or something.

We have had many reports from people who have tried these megadoses of folate and ended up with very strange, very negative results.

Remember that the standard intake of folate is 400 micrograms (0.4 milligrams) per day.

GreenMachineX

Hi @Sherpa...I'm no longer eating any green veggies. I just commented on what I thought could be contributing. My mind isn't sharp enough at present (if it ever was:meh:) to know if this will be applicable to you. You can only find out by eliminating them for a few days to see if anything shifts. For me it eventually became apparent that even small amounts of green veg pushed an adrenal reaction. I could probably do a small amount once in awhile, but haven't revisited this at present.
Do you eat veggies now? I realize it's been a long time for this thread, but I'm having the same issue with veggie folate now.