• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Complete Symptom Relief and CFS Remission Since Starting Nitric Oxide Supplement

clive powney

How has it affected your ability to recover and handle lactic acid buildup?
woke up this morning after having had problems getting to sleep for some reason (need to keep my eye on that as I have been sleeping quite well of late) and feel no worse than I do when I have done nothing, even though I have spent a very busy 3 days gardening. I intend to paint the fence and shed today and clear the guttering, so if I feel ok over the next few days without having a day in bed then this will be an improvement. I have had bouts of feeling "better" for a week or two before, only for things to come crashing down again, so the jury is still out, but is discussing the verdict as we speak. I will keep posting updates

clive powney

There are variations that contain both.
I have these....didnt try them yet. German engineering and all that. Ill report my results with them.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Arginine-Citrulline-3600-1000-Capsules/dp/B00KB07VBU
Looks interesting from a cost and ingredient perspective. Keep us up to date
I have also seen these which would cut out the need for me taking a lot of other supps I currently take :
https://www.amazon.co.uk/L-arginine-Plus-Effective-Product-L-citrulline/dp/B00WIYUBSC/ref=sr_1_1?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1462521776&sr=1-1&keywords=l arginine plus
Just ordered my second batch of no2 black also - they do go rather quick!!!!

gregh286

woke up this morning after having had problems getting to sleep for some reason (need to keep my eye on that as I have been sleeping quite well of late) and feel no worse than I do when I have done nothing, even though I have spent a very busy 3 days gardening. I intend to paint the fence and shed today and clear the guttering, so if I feel ok over the next few days without having a day in bed then this will be an improvement. I have had bouts of feeling "better" for a week or two before, only for things to come crashing down again, so the jury is still out, but is discussing the verdict as we speak. I will keep posting updates

Getting to sleep maybe an adjustment because your body is not tired as its used to.
I use amitripline at night, 25mg. No bother sleeping with one of those in you.
Hope you stay "up" in an energy sense.,

Skippa

Anti-BS

Sounds like actual "boom and bust" material... if you crash soon, you might *actually* have overdone it, as opposed to ME/CFS limitations as normal...?

gregh286

Another thing i dont if its applicable to clive...but i avoid sugar like the plague.
NO2 black or not.....a load of sugar is hard to get over.
High value carbs have no effect...only refined sugars.....sweets....choc....jam.....buns.

clive powney

ok so I started to continue with my gardening and felt ok till lunchtime, Them I felt my usual wave of tiredness and feeling crap and had to rest. It wasnt a crash, but it was something that my body was doing to stop me continuing. I felt rubbish for the rest of the day. The last three days I have been back to where I usually am and just plodding along. I am going to continue for a while with the treatment and see where it takes me. I wont try and push the boundaries and see if it keeps me on a generally feeling better level. I keep an objective record of my daily well being (which I have done for nearly 4 years now) and see how it fairs for a couple of months.
I know this is not a silver bullet and may not be right for me , but the Norwegian team are not patenting this for nothing , so it is well worth a try. I will post back in a week or so

DeGenesis

I have a bottle of nitro sublingual spray which my grandfather left behind when he passed.. I did try it once and will try it to more. The only adverse effect was a headache which passed in about 5 minutes. I remember a thread where people tried it and saw success. It was on Dr. Goldstein's treatment list.

Ecoclimber

ok so I started to continue with my gardening and felt ok till lunchtime, Them I felt my usual wave of tiredness and feeling crap and had to rest. It wasnt a crash, but it was something that my body was doing to stop me continuing. I felt rubbish for the rest of the day. The last three days I have been back to where I usually am and just plodding along. I am going to continue for a while with the treatment and see where it takes me. I wont try and push the boundaries and see if it keeps me on a generally feeling better level. I keep an objective record of my daily well being (which I have done for nearly 4 years now) and see how it fairs for a couple of months.
I know this is not a silver bullet and may not be right for me , but the Norwegian team are not patenting this for nothing , so it is well worth a try. I will post back in a week or so

I was intriqued by this thread and the OP, so I decided to comment

Some people have used this supplement in conjunction with Lysine found it to be effective. Lysine is used for Herpes. Bodybuilders use this supplement prior to workout to give them a boost in energy. I am not endorsing any brand nor giving medical advice. On their forums, many recommended using Nitro Maximus NitricOxide. They also use CellFood supplement which is an Oxygen therapy supplement. I don't remember on their forums how many they took. But always check on any side effects above normal dosage. For instance, clinical trials have found high dosages of D-3 10,000 units helped multiple sclerosis patients.

As with any supplement, always consult with a doctor as medications and other supplements could create serious side effect. Bear in mind, that each person has a different metabolism based on their genetic profile which can affect absorption and even whether it's effective. So what works for one, may not work for another. Remember, there have been no clinical trials to indicate whether any of these supplements are effective. You only have anecdotal evidence of people having success with increasing their energy.

@clive-powney
Did you try to pulse...meaning going off for 3 days. You probably already know this. If you notice an energy increase in energy or sudden remission, it doesn't mean you resume normal activity. Keep a journal or log. You must experiment. Do nothing if energy returns! Let the body heal. Gradually increase adding an hour above your previous level. If you sense that is too much back off. Changing dosing time, morning, evening or throuhout the day. Was anything added during this time period to that may have interfered or for that matter anything you stopped.

It's important to always stay below your anaerobic threshold. Stay with this for couple weeks. The goal is to establish a baseline of not only with the increased number of hours you feel energetic but also the activity within those hours. Add another hour and stay with it over time etc. Remember activity within these expansion hours doesn't mean out jogging again. Temptation is to resume normal activity as you feel like your old self. Don't! As you start off, keep the same amount of energy in what you were doing prior to the energy increase. The long term goal is not only increasing mobility but also the activity without PEM crashes, tiredness, or relapse...no push/crash scenarios. The regimen should be the same from day to day.

I am not endorsing this protocol since there are no biomarkers established for ME/CFS. There is no cure for ME/CFS at this stage. I was just intrigued as bodybuilders found that the energy boost was effective just prior to weight training so the changes may only last a short period of time.

Last edited:
Hello,
I am on week 2 of No2black. I decided to try it because in my case, I was " detoxing" what I believe was lactic acid buildup with Alka Seltzer Gold . ( like using sodium bi carb for lactic acidosis) . I believe I have a form of lactic acidosis.

If I " overdid" it I would not get " fatigue " but my mental capacity would plummet and I would become lvery irritable and have out of control emotional outbursts. I was a happy go lucky laid back type before this illness. I would dose myself with Alka Seltzer Gild and be calm again within 10 minutes.
I was able to play golf 9 holes and by hole 3 I would " forget how to hit the ball, " chugged Alka seltzer gold and " energy drink 10 minutes later could hit the ball. Last week after being on no2 black was making par's had my best round in years.

I have been taking this supplement for about 2 weeks. I never get headaches , even when I had blood pressure spikes to 180/90. On the first dose I got a slight headache which was reassuring. I was a community pharmacist for 23 years be for becoming ill. Although I do not post often this site saved my life. I stopped the Pridgen Protochol after one year pain gone and Celebrex was raising my blood pressure.

Was about to try nitrates but this is working. I originally presented as a fibromyalgia patient , went on the Pridgen Protochol valtrex and Celebrex for a year , pain gone but pem and crazy mental symptoms remained after exertion.

I would only get mental symptoms after too much activity. Did the psychology treatment for 4 years off and. On . Was cleared as mentally ok by two therapists. I had a great therapist who helped me deal with the losses of my career and feeling like an observer in my own life. But the " get " was of no use. I would just pace but I admit I was probably pushing too much. Ugh! Wish I knew then what I know now!

I also have bad ibs and am also following Ken Lassesens advice. My symptoms cleared for 2weeks on rifaxamin only to come back. I am also on Mutaflor 3/day, vsl3 , 3/day, align 2/day and saccharin boulardi. I believe this may be my long term solution but not an exact science. I am also on Ldn and methylation Protochol.

I am about 60-70 percent now. Was about 30-40 before. I think this treatment could be really helpful for a subset of us. In a perfect world I would get test to figure this ou, but I am done with begging for test only to have too many doctors dismiss me as Frankly , When I decided to become my own doctor I then started to get better .

Tolerance prehaps develop if you are starting from a normal NO base point....body sees too much NO coming in and deals with it accordingly. In case of low NO, body should not reject excess NO until we reach a homeostatic NO point.
I just ordered the
You should.benefit from no2 black if we are in same subgroup.
Greg, do you know of a product like the one NO2 black that does not have ala? I am chelating for mercury and I am on a strict 3 hour ala dosing schedule and can not take it once a day. I have felt a big difference while taking L-arginine and so I think this may be a great product for me to try but can not do the ala :( I think my CFS was caused by having my amalgams improperly removed 30 years ago. I have suffered sever illness since. I do have low blood pressure and pots or orthostatic intolerance. I need to lie down all day and can only get up for short periods of time, it sucks bad! Thank you for posting your experience. I am going to at least start beet juice. I have the feeling of low oxygen continuously.

gregh286

I just ordered the

Greg, do you know of a product like the one NO2 black that does not have ala? I am chelating for mercury and I am on a strict 3 hour ala dosing schedule and can not take it once a day. I have felt a big difference while taking L-arginine and so I think this may be a great product for me to try but can not do the ala :( I think my CFS was caused by having my amalgams improperly removed 30 years ago. I have suffered sever illness since. I do have low blood pressure and pots or orthostatic intolerance. I need to lie down all day and can only get up for short periods of time, it sucks bad! Thank you for posting your experience. I am going to at least start beet juice. I have the feeling of low oxygen continuously.

Wouldnt suggest no2 for someone with low bood pressure and pots. Arginine is a vasodilator....surely would worsen your symptoms.

gregh286

Hello,
I am on week 2 of No2black. I decided to try it because in my case, I was " detoxing" what I believe was lactic acid buildup with Alka Seltzer Gold . ( like using sodium bi carb for lactic acidosis) . I believe I have a form of lactic acidosis.

If I " overdid" it I would not get " fatigue " but my mental capacity would plummet and I would become lvery irritable and have out of control emotional outbursts. I was a happy go lucky laid back type before this illness. I would dose myself with Alka Seltzer Gild and be calm again within 10 minutes.
I was able to play golf 9 holes and by hole 3 I would " forget how to hit the ball, " chugged Alka seltzer gold and " energy drink 10 minutes later could hit the ball. Last week after being on no2 black was making par's had my best round in years.

I have been taking this supplement for about 2 weeks. I never get headaches , even when I had blood pressure spikes to 180/90. On the first dose I got a slight headache which was reassuring. I was a community pharmacist for 23 years be for becoming ill. Although I do not post often this site saved my life. I stopped the Pridgen Protochol after one year pain gone and Celebrex was raising my blood pressure.

Was about to try nitrates but this is working. I originally presented as a fibromyalgia patient , went on the Pridgen Protochol valtrex and Celebrex for a year , pain gone but pem and crazy mental symptoms remained after exertion.

I would only get mental symptoms after too much activity. Did the psychology treatment for 4 years off and. On . Was cleared as mentally ok by two therapists. I had a great therapist who helped me deal with the losses of my career and feeling like an observer in my own life. But the " get " was of no use. I would just pace but I admit I was probably pushing too much. Ugh! Wish I knew then what I know now!

I also have bad ibs and am also following Ken Lassesens advice. My symptoms cleared for 2weeks on rifaxamin only to come back. I am also on Mutaflor 3/day, vsl3 , 3/day, align 2/day and saccharin boulardi. I believe this may be my long term solution but not an exact science. I am also on Ldn and methylation Protochol.

I am about 60-70 percent now. Was about 30-40 before. I think this treatment could be really helpful for a subset of us. In a perfect world I would get test to figure this ou, but I am done with begging for test only to have too many doctors dismiss me as Frankly , When I decided to become my own doctor I then started to get better .

Nice result. Yea i noticed alka seltzer can buffer lactic pretty quick. Lemon water also does same trick. Played 18 holes 4 days in a row last week. Yea any increase in blood pressure or stress level will intensify our symptoms....putting cells back to anaerobic cycling...and thus lactic acid increase. No2 black has allowed me to have a FULLY functional life again.....no restriction.

kangaSue

Wouldnt suggest no2 for someone with low bood pressure and pots. Arginine is a vasodilator....surely would worsen your symptoms.
Not necessarily so. If you have autonomic dysfunction also screwing with your b.p. regulation, vasodilators can increase low b.p. It works that way for me anyway and several other posters on PR in some of the threads about using more potent nitrates.

KangaSue,
Sorry I did not see your answer. Unfortunately I have sever cognitive issues and most of this technical stuff is way over my head.
I just know that 3 summers ago I was so sick I could hardly stand or walk and I bought this arginine powder ( it had helped me when I was young before CFS) and when I took it all the color returned to my face and I felt much more normal. I continue to take it with citruline. My hair has been shedding since I got sick, decades ago and that stopped as well :) I am just wondering if this product that has helped Greg maybe even more helpful than arginine and citruline that I am taking?? I guess I can only try it and see.
I wish I knew the mechanism behind why it helps especially since I have the counter indicators??
I will have to find a similar product without ALA since I can only take ALA on a 3 hour dosing schedule since I have Mercury toxicity.
Thank you,
Pinky

kangaSue

KangaSue,
Sorry I did not see your answer. Unfortunately I have sever cognitive issues and most of this technical stuff is way over my head.
I just know that 3 summers ago I was so sick I could hardly stand or walk and I bought this arginine powder ( it had helped me when I was young before CFS) and when I took it all the color returned to my face and I felt much more normal. I continue to take it with citruline. My hair has been shedding since I got sick, decades ago and that stopped as well :) I am just wondering if this product that has helped Greg maybe even more helpful than arginine and citruline that I am taking?? I guess I can only try it and see.
I wish I knew the mechanism behind why it helps especially since I have the counter indicators??
I will have to find a similar product without ALA since I can only take ALA on a 3 hour dosing schedule since I have Mercury toxicity.
Thank you,
Pinky
I don't have ME/CFS but I have severe GI dysfunction (gastroparesis) along with low blood pressure and get intestinal ischemia because I don't get sufficient blood flow to the bowel. Treatment for that is prescription nitrates which in turn raised my b.p. but I found out a couple of years later that I also have Restricted Autonomic Neuropathy with having cardiovagal and sudomotor dysfunction so the only thing I know for sure is that it all comes down to an autonomic regulation issue.

I
Nice result. Yea i noticed alka seltzer can buffer lactic pretty quick. Lemon water also does same trick. Played 18 holes 4 days in a row last week. Yea any increase in blood pressure or stress level will intensify our symptoms....putting cells back to anaerobic cycling...and thus lactic acid increase. No2 black has allowed me to have a FULLY functional life again.....no restriction.

I use lemon water all the time to detox. ( my cocktail was Alka Seltze Gold, lemon juice , water and d ribose) My 15 year old son ( who has Aspergers, is now doing the lemon juice ( without my telling him) . I know I still go anaerobic , trying to pace more. Got Prescription assist. Not fully functional at all yet but am able to participate , socialize and feel like my mind is more in focus.