• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cold Cloudy Weather the Worst

jenbooks

As soon as the colder weather sets in I get much worse.

1) Mold spores in my wall cavities--and I have to stop the window fans.
2) It's really cold today--like 51--and I don't use the radiators. I use a quartz ceramic heater but I haven't turned it on yet as I can get kind of sleepy when I use it. It's cold outside and it's cold inside. It's going to be cloudy and rainy all week.
3) Vitamin D from the sun--round about October it gets less and less. I can feel a big difference in my health.

How about others? I just love sun and hot days. But even in winter sunny days are preferable to these cloudy yucky days.w

Lisa

Yup! Same. :rolleyes:

Though the giant bump in Vitamin D the last couple days is starting to take some of the edge off the cloudy weather for me.

Lisa :)

leelaplay

sun and warmth

As soon as the colder weather sets in I get much worse.

How about others? I just love sun and hot days. But even in winter sunny days are preferable to these cloudy yucky days.w

me too. I wonder if it's a fairly common symptom?

I definitely feel better when it's sunny and warm and lose energy/function at a lower level in the winter (it's quite cloudy and damply cool here then). I try to pull all my tricks out of the bag - focus more on waht's important and do only that with lots of rests. Take vit d supplements. More meditation. Visualize sun and warmth (can one visualize warmth? maybe I sensorize it). Have a sun lamp that may try again. Used to be able to travel to the sun for a while, but can't afford it any more.

For me the warm part is almost as important - I bundle up (in things that are easy to get off when my temperature swings from 96 to 101 or when I get sweats at any temperature). Love baths and saunas but heat intolerance is a bit more active these days so can't use them as much (or at all at times). Also keep the house warm - is there anyway you can keep yourself warm without getting sleepy?

jenbooks

The dank cloudy atmosphere is the worst for me. As long as there's bright sun...sometimes I have taken a 100 watt bulb and put it in a reflector lamp to simulate bright light.

Summer

I'm pretty much bedbound, and I got one of Dr. Mercola's natural light bulbs, and that does help me. It's not a complete cure, but before I had it, I could get into some real funks, which is not common for me, even with the DD.

Frickly

Weather

I'm conflicted. Yes, I feel better in the summer when no fronts are rolling through and have always thought of myself as a summer person. However, It gets so hot here that I have to admit the cooler temperatures are a nice change. We can go outside again.