• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Codex Alimentarius

klutzo

CODEX ALIMENTARIUS

Are any of you worried about Codex? I wish we had more members from Norway and Germany, where it's already in effect. I have talked to some of these folks online, and it's truly awful what it has done to their access to supplements. We in the USA are signed up with it and are now past the deadline for compliance with it. We can forget about getting Mega-B12 doses or any effective B12 doses at all if it is enforced, and it is binding over and above our American laws, and that means DHSEA too! The MSM is not covering this, naturally. Free press, ha!

I am getting more energy from B12, but there are some other supps. that I simply cannot live without, and I mean that literally. Nobody ever brings this up on the forum and I wonder why. Do we honestly think it can't happen here? The trade sanctions for not complying are $$$$$, and that is all politicians care about, so I am very worried.

klutzo

K

_Kim_

klutzo,

Would you start a new thread about this? If you'd like, instead of typing it all out again, I can take that post of yours (#66) and move it into it's own thread. I think this is important and most members would never find it buried here in the groundhog tunnels.

Freddd

CODEX

Are any of you worried about Codex? I wish we had more members from Norway and Germany, where it's already in effect. I have talked to some of these folks online, and it's truly awful what it has done to their access to supplements. We in the USA are signed up with it and are now past the deadline for compliance with it. We can forget about getting Mega-B12 doses or any effective B12 doses at all if it is enforced, and it is binding over and above our American laws, and that means DHSEA too! The MSM is not covering this, naturally. Free press, ha!

I am getting more energy from B12, but there are some other supps. that I simply cannot live without, and I mean that literally. Nobody ever brings this up on the forum and I wonder why. Do we honestly think it can't happen here? The trade sanctions for not complying are $$$$$, and that is all politicians care about, so I am very worried.

klutzo

Hi Klutzo,

For most of us in the USA, for the time being the supplements are safe. The congress in December voted to hold off any Codex implementation unitl they have considered each specification that might be included and considered whether they are needed. As Codex grossly violates existing laws, it looks like the most likely parts to be implemented have to do with export foods. And this is going to be subject to discussion by the full congress and senate. That ought to buy several years at least before anything is likely to be done.

klutzo

FRED,
God, I hope you are right and Congress drags it's heels as usual .This is one time I want them to be the do-nothings they usually are!
- - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -

KIM,
I believe there was a thread on this once awhile back, but darned if I know where it is now. I have no idea how to move threads, so if you would like to move it, that would be fine with me, and thanks for offering.

klutzo

liverock

Here in the UK supplement manufacturers are having to supply study papers to the EU, proving that the high level of nutrients in some supplements does actually treat illness and has a' safe upper level'. (SUL)

Nothing has been banned yet, but eventually the SUL fiasco will mean that most of the supplements for treating cancer,heart disease and CFS, will not be available in the dosages to be effective in preventing or treating complaints.

They may possibly be available by doctors prescription, if you can find a doctor who knows anything about nutrition. They are rarer than hens teeth in the UK. :rolleyes:

Codex Alimentarius is hand in glove with the EU in trying to standardise all supplements at the "kiddy level" and insisting on these ridiculously low 'safe upper limits'.

Codex are adopting the line that the WHO guidelines to all countries, including the US, are mandatory and all will have to back down to them. The US sends a delegate to these meetings but appears to be easily outmanouvered by the Codex gang.

Petitions with thousands of signatures have been sent to the British Government about the coming loss of freedom on supplements and been totally ignored.

And some people think democracy is still alive!:D

http://www.anhcampaign.org/campaigns/codex#Codex_committee_on_nutrition

*GG*

I agree and here is website to take action to help us "freak" medical patients who do not fall into any norms. http://www.anh-usa.org/new_site/?page_id=32

PS I think the title of this thread should probably be changed to something like "Will our supplements be outlawed" or their costs increased dramatically for profit?" or "Supplements for greater profit at patients expense!"

Nina

As someone mentioned, here in Germany this codex already changed a lot, to our detriment.

I am, for example, unable to order most of the forms of Vitamine B12 suggested in Freddd's B12 Thread. I placed an order at iHerb and none of it made it through customs. And this is just one product. Almost all supplements are much more expensive than in the States, and especially getting mega-doses is extremely difficult. It's a shame and a disaster that a "free" and liberal country restricts its inhabitants like that, only to protect the interests of the pharma industry.

The damage is done, and what's worst: Most people (healthy people) don't even know or care. So I hope you guys will do everything you possibly can to prevent this from happening in your countries!

Hysterical Woman

As someone mentioned, here in Germany this codex already changed a lot, to our detriment.

I am, for example, unable to order most of the forms of Vitamine B12 suggested in Freddd's B12 Thread. I placed an order at iHerb and none of it made it through customs. And this is just one product. Almost all supplements are much more expensive than in the States, and especially getting mega-doses is extremely difficult. It's a shame and a disaster that a "free" and liberal country restricts its inhabitants like that, only to protect the interests of the pharma industry.

The damage is done, and what's worst: Most people (healthy people) don't even know or care. So I hope you guys will do everything you possibly can to prevent this from happening in your countries!

Hi Nina,

It is indeed shameful that a free and liberal country can put in such restrictions. It also doesn't make any sense because I always thought that Germany was smart enough to hold on to other forms of medicine that worked well for some patients (like herbal medicine or homeopathy) and not be completely overthrown by the allopathic viewpoint. I even read a long time ago that the reason that Cher had been able to continue with touring/recording schedules after contracting what appeared to be CFS, was because she saw a homeopath in Germany. She even gave an interview to that effect a long time ago.

I am happy that it is not currently happening in the U.S. (thanks for the info Freddd). Is there any kind of strong dissent in Germany to possibly change this?

Take care,

Maxine

klutzo

I tried to change the thread title as suggested, by going advanced, but after I saved the changes, the change in thread title appeared over my post title change. Anyone know how to fix this? I agree some interested folks may not know what Codex is and pass this by if it is not changed. Thanks for bringing it up.

I understand from my reading that if we do not conform all of our laws, we will be heavily fined. I also saw a transcript and a video of our USA representative to Codex and she is a total Big Pharma shill in favor of compliance.

klutzo

Chris

Hi, all; I recently watched a DVD called Codex Alimentarius, narrated by one Ian R. Crane, that had me so depressed that I have not yet recovered. I had not realized that the corporate world now rules not only national governments, but the UN too; European countries that bravely refuse to import American beef are already paying hefty fines. There is no question that the powers that be (mostly pharma and food industries --have you watched Food Inc, another terrifying DVD) are working hard behind the scenes to make access to anything but licensed MD style medicine impossible; Crane also has a book, I believe, and there is another one by Jeffrey Grupp, "Corporatism: The Secret Government of the New World Order," that I am afraid to look at. Amazon.com will turn these up quickly.

I am currently reading "Snake Oil and Science: The Truth About Complementary and Alternative Medicine" by R. Barker Bausell that is of the same ilk. This stuff has helped me to a good size crash! We are indeed in the hands of an international corporate and organizational fascism for which "national" governments are only the thinnest of thin velvet gloves.

The sad thing is that one of Hillary Johnson's recent blogs, contrasting "hard" medical sciene" with "soft" approaches like diet and meditation falls into this dichotomy too--a lethal one--I want a real science that bridges and combines, that takes Vitamin K2 seriously as an anti-calcification therapy, that treats Dean Ornish with real respect, and that also helps our Judy with her work on XMRV.

Canada has "Health Canada" ruling that we can only get Acetyl -L-Carnitine with a doctor's prescription, and does not allow Artesunate into the country except when mixed with another substance and prescribed, I believe, as an anti-malarial drug.

If I think too much about all this, I fall into despair. Best, Chris

Hysterical Woman

Chris;31140... I am currently reading "Snake Oil and Science: The Truth About Complementary and Alternative Medicine" by R. Barker Bausell that is of the same ilk. This stuff has helped me to a good size crash! We are indeed in the hands of an international corporate and organizational fascism for which "national" governments are only the thinnest of thin velvet gloves. ... Chris[/QUOTE said:
Chris,

Please quit reading this stuff for right now! You can't fight something so big when you are very ill. What we can do is hope that with more focus on the XMRV studies that somehow there will be better treatments for us. We can fight this crap then!!

Rest and take care of yourself,

Maxine

Freddd

Hi Nina,

Did you stick within iherb's guidlines of $80 and 3 pounds using airmail shipping? What things did you order that they wouldn't let through? Did you get explanations? Normally they let small amounts for personal useage through is my understanding.

Nina

Hi Nina,

I am happy that it is not currently happening in the U.S. (thanks for the info Freddd). Is there any kind of strong dissent in Germany to possibly change this?

Take care,

Maxine

Hi Maxine,

there are efforts to change the situation but I don't think enough people are aware of this. When I first read the whole codex I coulnd't believe it myself, it sounded like a typical conspiracy theory to me.

@ Freddd: Yes, I did respect all the maximum weight and order value restrictions. I ordered different forms of B12 (vials and tablets) and folic acid. None of it got through. I did not get any explanations. I tried to order something similar from the Netherlands but they just took out the B12 and sent me the rest of the supplements I ordered.

I have now discovered a (very expensive) source for Adenosylcobalamine in Germany which I am currently trying. It's very frustrating though that I don't have access to all those wonderful supplements ( and at the same prices). Just another obstacle in overcoming this disease.

Hysterical Woman

Hi Maxine,

there are efforts to change the situation but I don't think enough people are aware of this. When I first read the whole codex I coulnd't believe it myself, it sounded like a typical conspiracy theory to me.

@ Freddd: Yes, I did respect all the maximum weight and order value restrictions. I ordered different forms of B12 (vials and tablets) and folic acid. None of it got through. I did not get any explanations. I tried to order something similar from the Netherlands but they just took out the B12 and sent me the rest of the supplements I ordered.

I have now discovered a (very expensive) source for Adenosylcobalamine in Germany which I am currently trying. It's very frustrating though that I don't have access to all those wonderful supplements ( and at the same prices). Just another obstacle in overcoming this disease.

Hi Nina,

I am sure you are right - not enough people are aware of it. And, unfortunately, we humans are not very good at understanding or supporting stuff that doesn't have a current impact on us personally.

Who removes it from the shipped package? Customs? Do they leave a packing list in and stuff is just missing from the box? Oh my.

I am so sorry that you have to contend with this. It is bad enough having this ridiculous disease without being able to get something that might be able to help you.

Good Luck,

Maxine

markmc20001

WOW

:eek:

this is so unreal. We are getting so steam rolled.....

I thought I heard that the codex might be part of the health care reform legislation in the US.

I think I'm going to move to afganistan!

Nina

Hi Nina,

I am sure you are right - not enough people are aware of it. And, unfortunately, we humans are not very good at understanding or supporting stuff that doesn't have a current impact on us personally.

Who removes it from the shipped package? Customs? Do they leave a packing list in and stuff is just missing from the box? Oh my.

I am so sorry that you have to contend with this. It is bad enough having this ridiculous disease without being able to get something that might be able to help you.

Good Luck,

Maxine

Hi Maxine,

thank you for your sympathy! Customs did not leave any notice or packing list, it was just obvious the package had been opened and taped closed again and that one product which was on the bill too was missing.

At least iHerb re-funded me for most of it, the other product from the Netherlands was just paid for nothing.

We really have to inform everyone we know what's going on before it's too late.

Nina

Nina

Hi Nina,

Good Luck,

Maxine

Hi Maxine,

thank you for your sympathy! Customs did not leave any notice or packing list, it was just obvious the package had been opened and taped closed again and that one product which was on the bill too was missing.

At least iHerb re-funded me for most of it, the other product from the Netherlands was just paid for nothing.

We really have to inform everyone we know what's going on before it's too late.

Nina

markmc20001

codex and facism

My eyes are finally open to what is going on with governments and the fascism which is obviously ot of control, and preventing us fro getting treatment and research we need. We need soe kind of viral interet campaign to imform the asses and put these cries to an end.

liverock

Codex Alimentarius is not just about supplements, they set standards for the whole world on all forms of agriculture and food production, including such controversial subjects as GM crops, food additives and the notorious 'terminater seeds', which are ruining third world farmers who used to buy seeds once only and are now being forced to buy seeds annually.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...suicide-using-genetically-modified-crops.html

Here is a full rundown of the extent and power that this body has.

http://www.anhcampaign.org/campaigns/codex#Codex_committee_on_nutrition