• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ciprofloxacin again - a never ending story

SWAlexander

It's sth many practitioners do wrong. And it's wrong in so many ways. ANTIbiotic. If one thinks about why an organism produces what we take as a drug then one should be already more careful.

But it's not only this. The excessive use of AB has gotten us into real trouble bc of persistent bacteria. Some researchers say that we not only produce AB resistant strains but also super-resistant bacteria that are impossible to be cleared by our immune system. So I can only ask myself why we don't spend more money in phages. I think it's sheer lobby interests of pharmaceutical companies. AB are super cheap to produce.

Then thirdly there is the question what it does to our species. It's now well known that antibiotics can destroy parts of our DNA. So what does that mean not only for fertility but also for chronic illnesses of upcoming generations?

I´m with you -
"sheer lobby interests of pharmaceutical companies."
"not only fertility but also for chronic illnesses of upcoming generations."

One more: why doctors are so careless?
Have they forgotten the Hippocratic oath - do no harm?

SWAlexander

@SWAlexander
A Sulfa-based antibiotic maybe a Sulfoamid antibiotic?
The fluoroquinolone antibiotics belong to a different class of antibiotics.

If you want to see how drugs interact, then visit Flockhart's table. Nowadays there are genetic tests in regard to these enzymes
Drug Interactions Flockhart Table

I know, but I wonder if and how Sulfonamides (too much of them in childhood) have damaged my Immune system.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

I´m with you -
"sheer lobby interests of pharmaceutical companies."
"not only fertility but also for chronic illnesses of upcoming generations."

One more: why doctors are so careless?
Have they forgotten the Hippocratic oath - do no harm?
My doc just visited me like every Saturday morning and said: „I just looked into your Ciprofloxacin levels. I’ve never seen sth like this before“ He is a practitioner in his 60ies! He said that he has never prescribed a FQ but said that urologists are throwing them in the air like cough pills. Exactly what I said before on twitter. They really do.

Irat

Antibiotics were once considered for life threatening illness and now they are even found in our drinking and groundwater(and many other medicine)tonnes of fluorquinolones are used in factory farming and will lead to further antibiotica resistance ,its a shame .wondering if in all of us can be found residues without even having never taken an Antibiotic.i know from severe floxed ppl who got refloxed from eating chicken.... in denmark,Iceland and Sweden it is no longer allowed

Last edited:

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Would be nice to have multiple lab results to measure the detox rate of Ciprofloxacin.
Given my high levels I assume the body however can't detox it. It's very strange because it was taken from a lymphocyte. You'd expect - after 6 years - that it's gone (apoptosis). But it seems to stay in the body and penetrate every cell and survive the life cycles of all cells (mitosis). That's quite odd.

SWAlexander

Given my high levels I assume the body however can't detox it. It's very strange because it was taken from a lymphocyte. You'd expect - after 6 years - that it's gone (apoptosis). But it seems to stay in the body and penetrate every cell and survive the life cycles of all cells (mitosis). That's quite odd.

I´m not sure about Apoptosis staying in the body. There are the phagocytes as well.
Would you like to read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apoptosis
I´m open for discussion/correction.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

I´m not sure about Apoptosis staying in the body. There are the phagocytes as well.
Would you like to read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apoptosis
I´m open for discussion/correction.
I think more of cytokinesis.... It's quite illogical that the amount always stays the same... It should be around /50?!
OR: it gets in the blood after apoptosis and penetrates new cells

Martin aka paused||M.E.

It´s a short lecture on "WHAT IS NECROSIS? What is Necrosis vs What is Apoptosis?"
Yeah I know the difference. What I meant is: if the cell is GO phasis and it's poisoned with Cipro -> other cells (maybe also toxic) go into apoptosis. Now this cell G2 -> prophase->metaphase->anaphase>telophase AND NOW cytokinesis. So if the cell divides shouldn't it have 1/2 of the amount of the toxicological burden of the mother cell? And after SIX YEARS shouldn't it be much less in the cells overall?

Last edited:

SWAlexander

Yeah I know the difference. What I meant is: if the cell is GO phasis and it's poisoned with Cipro -> other cells (maybe also toxic) go into apoptosis. Now this cell G2 -> prophase->metaphase->anaphase>telophase AND NOW cytokinesis. So if the cell divides shouldn't it have 1/50 of the amount of the toxicological burden of the mother cell? And after SIX YEARS shouldn't it be much less in the cells overall?

Where can I read about it? would you have a link?