• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ciprofloxacin again - a never ending story

hmnr asg

Yes, but that is typical. Side effects often occur months later. I can only explain this with the replication circle of cells in your body (more and more damaged mitochondria).
Trust me, I'm following this since 2019 as a Community Ambassador for OMF and have met dozens of pwME who have a similar trajectory.

Thanks for letting me know. I guess I should contact Fereshteh.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

That's an impressive list of effects and side effects, but I don't immediately see in that document whether there is one particular locus where cipro persists after one stops taking the drug.
Read my post above: potentially everywhere even in lymphocytes in high amounts

SWAlexander

That's interesting also bc Ron mentioned sticky blood years ago. But all do a always tell me that my blood looks completely normal.

"...blood looks completely normal." This is what my PCP told me. I demanded a D-Dimer. The follow-up Bloodtest showed the number 3003. A sonogram confirmed several clots in my left leg.
What I´m saying is, the road of discovery does not end with one or two tests. I was very glad I insisted because she tried to shrug it off.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

"...blood looks completely normal." This is what my PCP told me. I demanded a D-Dimer. The follow-up Bloodtest showed the number 3003. A sonogram confirmed several clots in my left leg.
What I´m saying is, the road of discovery does not end with one or two tests. I was very glad I insisted because she tried to shrug it off.
Many thanks! I will do a d-dimer too!

SWAlexander

Martin, have you been tested for X-linked (ALD)? It is ABCD1 gene variant.
See if any symptoms would fit yours. but only a test can reveal if you have high phytanic acid.
https://medlineplus.gov/genetics/condition/x-linked-adrenoleukodystrophy/

The test is paid by US insurance but PCPs need instruction from the lab, just because most never heard of ALD.
The lab blood test code is "VLCFA"?

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Martin, have you been tested for X-linked (ALD)? It is ABCD1 gene variant.
See if any symptoms would fit yours. but only a test can reveal if you have high phytanic acid.
https://medlineplus.gov/genetics/condition/x-linked-adrenoleukodystrophy/

The test is paid by US insurance but PCPs need instruction from the lab, just because most never heard of ALD.
The lab blood test code is "VLCFA"?
I seem to have multiple snps
4C28737A-9E0C-4E7F-94E2-BBC6D1CAA341.jpeg

SWAlexander