• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Chronic Sinusitis +Streptococcus group A infection can cause my CFS?

Hipsman

@PisForPerseverance Hi, I don't remember having episodes of sore throat throughout all of my ME/CFS journey and a few years prior to that, only had them a few times due to acute infection, also didn't get biopsy. I don't have ocd, but I do have neural tics that affect my eye witching and muscle twitching on my arms. Edaravone seems to reduce these by 80-90% and no tolerance.

Your infectionist not thinking you have autoimmune causes of your symptoms because of only testing you for a few things doesn't make sense...to let you know
You're totally right, I'm honestly DONE with doctors, after lockdowns started in spring 2020 I began full-time self-treatment and only at that point I was able to stop my condition decline and actually slowly started improving. Sure, I have no fucking clue what exactly is wrong with my body and I didn't do any lab tests do get an idea of what's wrong, but somehow my approach turned out to be much more effective then that of "health professionals"!

Bergkamp

I have tried my sinusitis protocol again, and it worked! But only for 4 days this time:( It's like I have 20kg basket all the time on my head, and it has been lifted for 4 days, I felt relieved from head pressure, tiredness, brain fog and mostly from tics, chorea movements and blinking .
I simplified the recipe and discovered that it works better by keeping your head vertical while sitting, instead of lying down like I did it before. Also I did it for 5-6 mins instead of 15 like before.

I also tried Sinus Massage, breathe in steam from a pot of warm water, and placing warm, wet towel on face; last one is the most effective of the 3
This therapy is for now, before antibiotic treatment.
Btw, subfebrility of 37.4 °C during day is gone now, it seems...

Sorry for replying to such an old post. How are your sinus issues currently? What symptoms are you experiencing?

I still have the feeling my sinus issues are playing a huge role in my illness. My ME actually started with a severe case of sinusitis and although it is now better, it never really went away. The only reason why it is not a big problem at the moment is because I'm surpressing it with nasal corticosteroid spray. Other than that, I have:

- 24/7 pressure in the sinus area
- Immediate sinus congestion after stopping with corticosteroid
- sinus headaches
- ears always full and tinnitus
- photophobia, looking at screens increases pain in the sinus area so feel it is related to my sinus issues

Really curious to hear if you found a sustainable solution for your sinus issues

Hipsman

How are your sinus issues currently? What symptoms are you experiencing?
Sorry to disappoint, I didn't have much sinus issues even back then, the only symptom I had was constant mucous build up at the back of my throat, it's still is there now, but significantly less. I was just trying to latch onto something to understand what treatments I should be doing, the protocol I detailed in that post was actually immune stimulating effect that was giving me improvements, it didn't treat the sinuses, just modulated the immune system witch lead to improvements.