• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CBS / Ammonia / Glutathione

dannybex

@Learner1 I don't entirely understand what I've done yet. I know that I was severely deficient in a few co-factors related to Methmalonyl CoA. Extensive sessions of Nicotinamide and Niacinamide induced a profound healing state.

Then with all due respect, why the long detailed post? And isn't nicotinamide the same thing as niacinamide?

renski

Methyl B12 depending on the state of your CBS pathway and urine sulfate, COMT and VDR taq pathway and/or response to mthyl donors if you chose to put the pedal on the floor.
Glutathione (CBS status)
BH4- after you pass through the CBS storm and get below 400 urine sulfate you can consider

@Methyl Head and co,

What if someone has high oxalates, they would have high urinary sulfate, so how can you determine if it's just an oxalate issue vs CBS upregulation? Although a CBS upregulation can deplete B6, which would cause oxalate issues?

dannybex

@Methyl Head and co,

What if someone has high oxalates, they would have high urinary sulfate, so how can you determine if it's just an oxalate issue vs CBS upregulation? Although a CBS upregulation can deplete B6, which would cause oxalate issues?

There's actually no such thing as a CBS upregulation. This was misinformation put out by Yasko 10-15 years ago, but investigated and settled five six years ago. See Valentijn's posts on this thread (one of many). :)

https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/looking-for-some-education-around-my-mutations.44823/

dannybex

Not sure, but if so, from what I've seen, it would still lead to lower homocysteine levels, which should be a good thing in general.

linusbert

The next question is how many of us have Aceruloplasminemia because copper bound to this protein is absolutely pivotal in the creation of new ATP.

i do.
i have genetics and low blood coeruloplasmin + low blood copper.
but what does this mean?

1679700611978.png