• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

C60 in olive oil: a recommendation

After a 2 week trial I would like to report that I've found C60 in olive oil useful.

C60 is a 60 atom carbon molecule shaped like a soccer ball. They are called buckminsterfullerenes or bucky balls for short. When mixed with olive oil it can enter cellular membranes and acts as a potent antioxidant as well as having potential effects on stem cells, DNA, mitochondria, methylation, and protein folding.

I am really tired and there are a few threads on C60 already, so I will let you look up those if you're curious.

I am at about 1/5 my pre illness activity level (physical and mental), only 6 months in, and I do not have severe chemical sensitivities, just more like a bunch of food and environmental allergies that I didn't have before. I have lost a ton of weight, much of it muscle, and have gut and autonomic problems, as well as a bunch of the adrenal problems. So your mileage may vary.

I find that 3 mg of C60 5 days a week has nearly doubled the amount of time I can spend on my feet or engaged in mental activity before I start to get that sh!tty feverish, drunken feeling that warns me to back off.

I also have not had nearly as much anxiety since I started taking it. I don't think this is a placebo effect. It increases my appetite also.

I would suggest it the most for those who are at a similar place in their illness - somewhat active and still able to tolerate new supplements.

OK I must sleep. Getting the inflamed brain sensation.

So you have more stamina? I'm confused as how it is helping if you are still tired.

Yes, exactly. I have more physical and mental stamina, I can go longer before I get loopy and feverish, but I still feel exhausted all day. I still remember my previous energy levels longingly.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
That's still something. Very interesting. @stevesayshi now that I think about it that might not be good. You have more stamina so you do too much and then have an epic crash.

Last edited:
I actually get "normally" physically tired before I crash on c60. But then again I have been pretty careful for the past 2 months in general. Again, I still *feel* exhausted, though I know it could be worse.