1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

C60 Mitochondria Repair

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by tdog333, Apr 1, 2014.

1. tdog333

tdog333 Senior Member

I've been brainstorming additional idea's with @Radio for mitochondria repair. I came across a supplement called C60. It has some remarkable results from the (limited) studies I've seen.

This could be a golden mitochondria addition:
    I pasted a few of the good quotes, whole article is here

http://c60antiaging.com/c60-antiaging/how-does-c60-extend-life/
    I don't think it's approved by the FDA for human consumption since there hasn't been enough testing yet, but there are a ton of people on some other forums who have taken it with success. I'm curious if anyone here has tried this yet, or even heard of it?
    Radio likes this.
  2. Cheesus

Cheesus Senior Member

Looks interesting. My concern is that those sites are obviously trying to sell you C60. I don't have the energy to look it up, but I'd be interested to see the studies published in 'respected journals'.
  3. Thinktank

Thinktank Senior Member

Europe + South East Asia
    There are a few threads about c60 on longecity.org. I really want to try it out sometime because i'm SOD2 +/+ and c60 might help with that.
    Are you or radio going to try it out?
  4. tdog333

tdog333 Senior Member

I have a few things I'm going to test before that, but once I try all those out I probably will. Looks like intesting stuff!
  5. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    BIG price difference between the two companies...$19.99 vs $99.99.

I don't know why but that seems like a big red flag to me.
    amaru7 likes this.
  6. tdog333

tdog333 Senior Member

Yeah I agree. I'm not recommending buying from any certain company. I really haven't studied which company people have used, I'm just looking at the efficacy at this point.
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
    Radio likes this.
  7. Martial

Martial Senior Member

Ventura, CA
    From most sources I read on it there are incredibly positive reviews and almost unheard of testing results. The issue is why have no idea how much of this info is absolutely true added to the fact it is currently banned in supplement form, I just don't know if there are any potential adverse effects. It looks extremely promising but there is a lot of weird things going on from different sources and producers of the product.

I think I will keep my eyes on it and wait until more details are revealed or they get an idea on the safety value in using this in humans, I mean we aren't rats after all. ;) All in all it looks pretty sweet and I would normally jump right on it to at least test it out, it just seems like there is not enough known about it with human use to jump into that in the moment. I am also curious as to the dramatic pricing differences from different companies. If there were non biased articles and research done on it where there is no profit to be made this would be ideal!

Thanks for sharing this it looks really damn cool, I just want to wait a bit till we know more about its full spectrum use/side effects. I just want to be sure its not a "too good to be true" kind of thing. Essentially from the rat studies if this functioned the same in humans then they have literally found the fountain of youth lol.
    Leopardtail and Radio like this.
  8. Martial

Martial Senior Member

Ventura, CA
  9. Hip

Hip Senior Member

In fact there is a whole sub-forum dedicated to C60 — also called buckminsterfullerene or buckyballs — at longecity, with dozens of threads by people experimenting with C60, see here:

C60health - LONGECITY
    amaru7, Radio and tdog333 like this.
  10. tdog333

tdog333 Senior Member

amaru7, Hip and Radio like this.
  11. GhostGum

GhostGum Senior Member

Vic, AU
    I meant to update this on here for a few weeks as I have been following it from time to time on longecity, so far from what I can tell nearly all reports are positive or neutral, the only negative I remember was a couple of claims on rogue eye brow hairs growing to excessive lengths lol

This is the most recent reports from people,

http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/66733-c60-updates/
    http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/58191-c60-surprises-anecdotes-of-unique-health-benefits/

Still not enough people using it or reporting on it for my liking, the information is a little lacking. One thing that makes me curious is one of the most respected and senior members on that forum, niner, mentioned recently C60 surpasses all supplements by far; some of the reversals in some medical issues by some also seems quite remarkable, especially for people a little older. Reversal of grey hair and regrowth of balding also seems pretty amazing.

Will probably still wait a couple more years myself, I am able to continue to make progress though, if I was not I would more than likely be using it already.

I believe either of these sources are reliable, fairly similar prices,

http://www.carbon60oliveoil.com/
    http://c60antiaging.com/

My understand is there is nothing majorly complicated about production of C60 so it should never be overly priced. I believe there actually people making their own C60oo at home, likely those with some kind of a chemistry/lab skills though.

When and if the establishment comes out and tires to ban this I will definitely order some.
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
    Radio likes this.
  12. amaru7

amaru7 Senior Member

EU
    Thanks this is the first time for me to hear about c60. Every time I read anything about mitochondria I become quite interested because in my view Mitochondria are the foundation of our health and many diseases like cfs and also aging.

But on the other hand anything that is powerful enough to restore much of the mitochondria would be too good to be true and it would be almost like the secret to be invincible. The government surely wouldn't accept a discovery like that to be in the hands of the people.

Anyway I still have some hope that this turns out to be of value, let's wait and see.
  13. Radio

Radio *****

Radio: Please check out these links. :thumbsup:

Update on C60 fullerenes in olive oil :

http://www.anti-agingfirewalls.com/2014/02/25/update-on-c60-fullerenes-in-olive-oil/

New-form-of-CoQ10 / MitoQ

http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/Manufacturers/New-form-of-CoQ10-hits-supplement-market

MitoQ 5mg - Dietary Supplement. Capsules 60

http://www.amazon.com/MitoQ-5mg-Dietary-Supplement-Capsules/dp/B00H8MANVY
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
    tdog333 likes this.
  14. Leopardtail

Leopardtail Senior Member

England
    What concerns me is the description of it 'binding' to DNA and preventing methylation. This would mean that DNA could not be deactivated. DNA related to enzymes is meant to be activated and deactivated as needed. This has the potential to cause metabolic mayhem.

I share Martial's concerns about the quality of science. There are lots of bold claims but the scientific details seems limited and has not been peer reviewed. People feel great when they first take Cocaine, Heroine, Alcohol, the trouble comes later.

I also share the concern of @Ema that having such wide variety of product price seems a bit fishy, as does the higher price. To me it all seems a bit 'marketing led'. I just hope for those with SOD problems that I am proven wrong.
    Mij likes this.
  15. Radio

Radio *****

Yes, The scientific details are very limited. I need more info on how this supplement actually works in the body. I will be concentrating my research on finding the root cause of the mitochondria damage and addressing that aspect. Does anyone have any thoughts on MitoQ?

Leopardtail, posted: This would mean that DNA could not be deactivated. DNA related to enzymes is meant to be activated and deactivated as needed. This has the potential to cause metabolic mayhem.

Radio: If C60 had a short half life in the body this would limit the possible metabolic imbalances.
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  16. Leopardtail

Leopardtail Senior Member

England
    Agreed in principle though it describes binding to the mito ETS in one of the studies hence it remains something I will leave alone for now.... If I had severe problems with SOD then I might feel more 'experimental' about it.
  17. stevesayshi

stevesayshi

I have an order coming. I have some medical tests in the next week and after that I will give it a trial and report back.
    Little Bluestem and Radio like this.
  18. invisiblejungle

invisiblejungle Senior Member

Chicago suburbs
    I bought some C60 awhile back, tried it once, but haven't tried it since. (I didn't have any bad reactions, I'm just somewhat uneasy about it.) It's important to remember that all of the hype surrounding C60 began because of a single study done on rats.

See more popular forum discussions.