• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

BPC-157

Lieselotte

So I tried a cycle of BPC-157 and I thought I would update you all on my personal experience.
I did 5mg over 20 days (250ug per day per injection).

I saw no change in any gut issues. Then again, as long as I stick to my restrictive diet I can count on my gut not getting distressed. Clouding the BPC experiment is the fact that I am taking Equilibrant from Dr. Chia. At just 1/4 pill per day I get the 'trots'.....everyday.

So, in terms of gut, there is no change I can tell. However, I did notice one change. Years ago I tore my meniscus on my left knee doing kick boxing (how I miss working out). Even years later I could still feel that area of my knee pulling during certain stretches. I just realized yesterday that after the BPC-157 cycle, the old tear area feels much better! I did some stretching and I could barely feel the pulling sensation.

The BPC-157 did do something to heal the old injury. I got no change in energy or anything else. Maybe I will try it again at some point, maybe after I'm finished with Equilibrant.

frozenborderline

I listened to this podcast: https://functionalforum.com/podcast-immunometabolism-the-next-frontier-in-systems-biology/

In it, the doctor talks about one part of the treatment for Lyme and mold induced chronic fatigue being peptides, namely BPC 157 and another one, called Vasoactive Intestinal Peptide (VIP). The BPC 157 is to turn off neuroinflammation and the VIP purportedly as a final piece down the healing path to restore normal mitochondrial function.

Has anyone been put on BPC with VIP? Or heard of/tried VIP?
I would like to try both but don't know how to access

frozenborderline

Hip

Do you know if bpc-157 has any effect on gabaergic system? I have heard anecdotes about it helping with benzo withdrawal, but nothing really in depth

I don't really know too much about it, but found this paper indicating that it may help with benzodiazepine withdrawal.

I would also look into kava kava, if you have not done so already.

This herb not only activates GABA and relaxes you, but also it thought to increase the number of GABA receptor binding sites over time, thus re-sensitizing the GABA system. So whereas benzodiazepines desensitize GABA over time, kava increases sensitivity, and thus has anti-tolerance and anti-addition effects.

I think I mentioned this a while ago, in this post.

The GABA re-sensitization process takes a week or two, I understand.

frozenborderline

would also look into kava kava, if you have not done so already.
Unfortunately, since ive been severely Ill, i seem to have developed intolerance to kava. I think liver injury from it is rare but I may just be unlucky enough to get upper quadrant abdominal pain and strange bile issues from it. But i agree that its promising otherwise.

Cipher

Administrator
Unfortunately, since ive been severely Ill, i seem to have developed intolerance to kava. I think liver injury from it is rare but I may just be unlucky enough to get upper quadrant abdominal pain and strange bile issues from it. But i agree that its promising otherwise.

What vendor did you buy from and what dosage did you try? Only low quality kava (containing cheap, non-noble or wild kava varieties, sometimes including non-edible parts of the plant, e.g. stems & leafs) have been linked to liver problems & side-effects. High quality kava (noble kava) have not been linked to any adverse effects on liver function. Maybe your bad reaction is from low quality kava? r/kava have a list of trustworthy suppliers.

frozenborderline

What vendor did you buy from and what dosage did you try? Only low quality kava (containing cheap, non-noble or wild kava varieties, sometimes including non-edible parts of the plant, e.g. stems & leafs) have been linked to liver problems & side-effects. High quality kava (noble kava) have not been linked to any adverse effects on liver function. Maybe your bad reaction is from low quality kava? r/kava have a list of trustworthy suppliers.
It was definitely high quality kava. I was under the impression that if you have underlying liver weakness u could have a baf reaction even with noble kava

mitoMAN

BPC:
I am doing subcutaneous injections 500mcg of BPC-157 since 1st May 2020 now.
The brand I use is Trident Peptide from UK. I had it lab checked in Czech by Janoshik.
Actual BPC-157 Content is 5,8mg per 5mg Vial. Purity is high (although i didnt get the exact number as I only paid for BPC quantity check)

So far, I dont notice much change. But I am prepared to take it for half a year + and see.
Now that I know the content is real BPC and the price is pretty affordable, I will do a long run and report back.

Wouldnt have done so without a lab check honestly, the vial could contain anything but BPC.

From all the studies I read, sc injections are systemic and will deliver their action at the gut as well.
Orgal ingestion might result in much lower absorption as stated above already.

mitoMAN

As an update, sadly I didnt notice much improvement from BPC-157 on my gut even after about 75days.
(Switched to a second brand for the last 15 days)

I just finished a course of 10 days Rifaximin antibiotics and try to rebuild my gut that way with strict diet and pre/probiotics

Similar effect to the Antibiotics might be the more "risky" peptide: LL-37

some people on here had positive feedback on that one

Can all peptides be mixed with bacteriostatic water? I'm not sure if it was on peptidesciences page or another peptide site, they gave very complicated math equations as to figuring out the proper pH and how alkaline or acid the liquid needed to be. Extremely complex and discouraging.