• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Bhupesh Prusty: "we are on a perfect path for identifying potential transferable factors in ME/CFS blood that can cause mito dysfunction..." GoFundMe

Rufous McKinney

covid is also integrating into germ cell line of humans and passing on to their offsprings.

uga well Lets hope not.

Perhaps he was merely responding to the public spectacle he witnessed, knowing that the virus will keep growing and mutating in those who aren't careful, and knowning ME is a possible outcome for some percentage- he sees how this pandemic is not really getting effectively stopped.

junkcrap50

MEAction is having a talk with Dr. Prusty and Dr. Davis tomorrow, so we can all get caught up then.

Link here:
Looks like it will occur 5:30am Eastern Standard Time or 2:30am Pacific Standard Time. Did I get that right? So we will have to watch the video after the stream. Dr. Prusty is in Germany and Prof. Tyson is in England. Very thankful Dr. Davis and Janet Dafoe for waking up or staying so early to do this.

Hopefully Dr. Prusty and Dr. Davis reveal a bit more information on Dr. Prusty's recent discoveries.

raghav

I too hope covid does not integrate into our chromosomes. I was just taking a guess. HHV-6 compared to covid 19 seems too simplistic. If HHV-6 has so many tricks up its sleeve then I dont know what all covid 19 can do. It seems to get into every body cavity. Prusty is studying it with his next gen single cell RNA sequencing methods. So lets wait for what he and other researchers come up with.

In India we are having double mutation variants of covid 19 and this seems more infectious compared to what we got last year.

Rufous McKinney

He said there is too much bureaucracy at present and he is finding it very difficult to get things done

thanks for checking with him, and I wonder what that actually means?

(and I forgot what the journal was....also). But hey, we got in the ball park.

so is there a bureaucracy around Biomarkers themselves? It seems we face so many bureaucractic potential hurdles.

raghav

Maybe they are not letting him move samples between labs and draw blood from patients and controls. Everybody is scared of covid and everything looks like covid. Lets watch his chat today. We will get a better picture.

Rufous McKinney

Maybe they are not letting him move samples between labs and draw blood from patients and controls.

Well maybe other people who might be wanting to publihs had similar issues at their faciliities. It puts everything behind schedule.

Super not helpful- shut down the research labs when we need the work completed so very badly!

But: please stay safe and healthy everyone!

MonkeyMan

can someone recap the most important key facts after the meeting?

I'll transcribe what I think is the most exciting thing from this video. Quoting Dr Ron Davis:

"We'll screen all the FDA-approved drugs, and we'll screen herbal extracts. The reason for doing those is that they could become available very quickly for patients ... I want to find something that can actually treat the patients. My guess is that if this is all correct, then this is the primary cause for ME/CFS. And once you reactivate the enzyme, and you reduce the tryptophan, and then produce kynurenine, that will then re-regulate the immune system and the patients will be completely normal ... You can model how fast, if we could reactivate the IDO1 gene, how fast would the patients recover. And it would be basically overnight. So you could give them in the evening the drug, and in the morning they'll be totally cured."

We are, IMO, incredibly fortunate to have Ron and his team working so hard on finding a treatment. Fingers crossed that this works out!

Reading_Steiner

This will sound silly but OMF people should look for HHV-6 and EBV latent infection, didn't they say that they usually work with a small number of severe patients ? well what if none of the patients they are looking at have me/cfs thats caused by this mechanism ? maybe if they looked at a wide variety of moderate patients they would find this pathogen they are looking for. The research doesn't correlate as usual.

jump44

Not holding my breath. I’d rather take calculated risks on my own in the short time I have on this earth for some semblance of quality of life than wait on some silly “hope”. This obviously isn’t intended as a shot against these guys who are obviously trying their best, but life isn’t standing still while we wait for answers that may never come and may only help a certain percentage of afflicted people. Every couple months in here people get all excited over a quote from davis or whoever then it’s on to the next thing. I’m not even sure these guys are on the right track, personally- but i really really hope I’m wrong.

Rufous McKinney

but life isn’t standing still while we wait for answers that may never come and may only help a certain percentage of afflicted people.

It seems they feel confident they have confirmed the tryptophan metabolic trap exists. Therefore the theory that we could be unsprung: does seem to have considerable validity.

And I'll hold out hope for: rapid testing results. But rapid just often never seems to apply.

keepontruckin

This video was so comforting to me as a supporter of someone with cfs. It was nice to hear on ME/cfs Awareness Day.
I only wish billionaires dedicated to women's issues would find it meaningful to them to fund cfs research. It feels like the disease might be ripe for breakthroughs and funding could make a big difference.

MonkeyMan

This video was so comforting to me as a supporter of someone with cfs. It was nice to hear on ME/cfs Awareness Day.
I only wish billionaires dedicated to women's issues would find it meaningful to them to fund cfs research. It feels like the disease might be ripe for breakthroughs and funding could make a big difference.

Yes. There was that "Pineapple" donor a few years ago who gave $5 million to OMF. Wonder if they might be willing to help again?