• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

BC-007: Successful drug against Autoantibodies helps with long COVID

MonkeyMan

Interesting article here entitled 'BC-007: Will the „German miracle“ also work for ME/CFS?'

From the article:

BC-007 may achieve its long lasting effect not only be normalizing blood flow in general
but also by abolishing drivers of inflammation (including neuroinflammation) and adrenergic
hyperstimulation as well as exerting effects on the immune system and regulatory CNS functions.

BC-007 appears as a drug with pleiotropic activities. It is a scavenger of biomolecules, which may
have significant direct effects on vascular, immune, and possibly CNS function. BC-007 additionally
may have immune-modulatory properties and have indirect effects on the immune system. A broad
mixture indeed: BC-007 may have microcirculatory, immune-modulatory and anti-inflammatory
properties (not to forget the anti-coagulation effect for which the aptamere was originally
developed).

What does all this mean for ME/CFS? If a similar constellation of aabs is to be found in ME/CFS as in
the Long Covid patients treated with BC-007 so far, the patients may benefit from BC-007 to some –
as of yet unforeseeable - extent (which may range from small to large improvements, and from one-
time, several to regularly repeated infusions). It has indeed been assumed that similar aabs as found
in LongCovid are to be found in about a third of ME/CFS patients (this ratio may actually be higher as
the bioassay used by Berlin Cures may be more sensitive than the ELISA used in former studies). The
same would apply to POTS in which a similar set of aabs has been recognized as part of the
pathophysological matrix.

Last edited:

Dude

I just stumbled across this tweet from a user who knows someone who is involved in the BC007 study in Erlangen. He claims the person has received an invitation for may, but is not sure whether it is another preliminary examination or the infusion itself. The person is someone with Lond Covid but with mecsf symptoms

Tweet

SWAlexander

tcamde would you have a link to the large multi-site trial study? Thanks.
Dr. Bettina Hohberger has no information posted in regards to Bundesinstitut für Arzneimittel.

Last edited:
Dr. Hohberger is from Erlangen university. She‘s not involved with the large multi-site trial. The information comes from a long covid facebook group where several people are in direct contact with Berlin Cures.

I do realize this is a silly question but Ill ask anyway. Is there anywhere in the world a patient can buy a dose or pay for the treatment with aptamer BC 007 at their own risk?

Treeman

I do realize this is a silly question but Ill ask anyway. Is there anywhere in the world a patient can buy a dose or pay for the treatment with aptamer BC 007 at their own risk?
There's a group of discord who have it made in China (I think). If you can get on via an invite from someone from that group you may be able to purchase it.

I have always borderline elevated IOP
So do I. 20 or 21 usually for the last 25 years. Opthalmologists
say some people just have higher pressures just like some people have big feet. Not sure I buy that. At least they have me on a one year recall for exams.

Dude

How is this even possible that someone just can make it? Are they not going to keep the formula as a secret? Sorry if this is a dumb question, i have no idea how drugs are made.

I was wondering if anyone would ever attempt to recreate it but I wasn't aware the recipe or whatever you'd call it was available to the public? I'm no scientist so no idea how that stuff works but I have a large desire to be invited to that discord if that exists.

Treeman

How is this even possible that someone just can make it? Are they not going to keep the formula as a secret? Sorry if this is a dumb question, i have no idea how drugs are made.

As I understand it the product has to be registered at the patent office ( if they wish to sell it exclusively). Included in the application has to be all the ingredients. This is available for public information.

I believe that the discord group has already had it produced once and are now taking orders for a second batch.

junkcrap50

There's a group of discord who have it made in China (I think). If you can get on via an invite from someone from that group you may be able to purchase it.
I used to belong to that discord group but got removed on a tech glich. But they are not allowing new members to join right now. I'm waiting until they'll accept more people. They do a lot of pretty extreme self experimentation and customized synthesis of peptides & other drugs. So they like to keep their group to a trustworthy few.

I didn't know they were going to have someone in China make BC007. They did that with Interferon Lambda, but it was a year long process and I don't know what was the result as I was out of the group when they were verifying their product.

If I recall correctly, the persons who led the INF lambda synthesis said that BC007 was too difficult to make. And that Berlin Cures was having difficult themselves making it on a large enough scale for a small trial.

Usually drugs and other things like this are not secret, for a couple reasons. To get a patent, they have to divulge the design of the drug. It wouldn't be difficult for anyone, if they got a hold of the drug, to figure out it's chemical formula/structure. And usually, for the benefit of science and in order to get their research published, they voluntarily share their drug and it's structure/formulation. Likely, for trials they have to reveal what they are giving animals and humans.

I'm not sure where exactly BC007's recipe is listed, but I'm sure it's out there somewhere.

They way they get this or another drug made is to hire a company that specializes in peptide, protein, or aptamer synthesis. There are usually several laboratory companies that specialize in this in order to serve the demands of the research industry and universities. They are not pharmaceutical companies, but laboratories that create the drugs in the same way/use the same methods the inventors who created them in their research labs did. In the US, these companies would never sell or serve individuals due to tons of legal, liability, and ethical reasons. But some companies in China will.

For example, to synthesize the INF lambda, they had find a company(s) who synthesizes proteins. That company then genetically modified E.Coli cells so that the ecoli cells would produce the IFN lambda. It's a common way proteins are made using ecoli, yeast, or other cells whose genes can be altered or insert new genetic code so they produce the protein you want. Then the company has to filter/purify the IFN, I'm fairly sure the were many more steps and a couple companies that specialize in each step. And then other companies were involved to verify each step, such as the genetic code to be used, the ecoli correctly modified, protein produced is the desired protein with no errors, and purity of the final product.