BC-007: Successful drug against Autoantibodies helps with long COVID

MonkeyMan

Interesting article here entitled 'BC-007: Will the „German miracle“ also work for ME/CFS?'

From the article:

BC-007 may achieve its long lasting effect not only be normalizing blood flow in general
but also by abolishing drivers of inflammation (including neuroinflammation) and adrenergic
hyperstimulation as well as exerting effects on the immune system and regulatory CNS functions.

BC-007 appears as a drug with pleiotropic activities. It is a scavenger of biomolecules, which may
have significant direct effects on vascular, immune, and possibly CNS function. BC-007 additionally
may have immune-modulatory properties and have indirect effects on the immune system. A broad
mixture indeed: BC-007 may have microcirculatory, immune-modulatory and anti-inflammatory
properties (not to forget the anti-coagulation effect for which the aptamere was originally
developed).

What does all this mean for ME/CFS? If a similar constellation of aabs is to be found in ME/CFS as in
the Long Covid patients treated with BC-007 so far, the patients may benefit from BC-007 to some –
as of yet unforeseeable - extent (which may range from small to large improvements, and from one-
time, several to regularly repeated infusions). It has indeed been assumed that similar aabs as found
in LongCovid are to be found in about a third of ME/CFS patients (this ratio may actually be higher as
the bioassay used by Berlin Cures may be more sensitive than the ELISA used in former studies). The
same would apply to POTS in which a similar set of aabs has been recognized as part of the
pathophysological matrix.

Last edited:
I just stumbled across this tweet from a user who knows someone who is involved in the BC007 study in Erlangen. He claims the person has received an invitation for may, but is not sure whether it is another preliminary examination or the infusion itself. The person is someone with Lond Covid but with mecsf symptoms

Tweet

SWAlexander

tcamde would you have a link to the large multi-site trial study? Thanks.
Dr. Bettina Hohberger has no information posted in regards to Bundesinstitut für Arzneimittel.

Last edited:
Dr. Hohberger is from Erlangen university. She‘s not involved with the large multi-site trial. The information comes from a long covid facebook group where several people are in direct contact with Berlin Cures.