• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

BC-007: Successful drug against Autoantibodies helps with long COVID

SWAlexander

Oh yes, red blood cell deformation. Last year I pointed in this direction. https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...ostasis-of-the-human-body.85787/#post-2370540
In June 2021 I asked my oncologist 3 times to check for spherocytosis. I believed I had an autoimmune attack. He didn´t, because he believed it wouldn't be not necessary.
Oh well, we all know about doctors dismissing patients suggestions and intuitions.

Last edited:
Wow!! So exciting! Have these antibodies been found in ME-patients as well?
Yes hopefully this could be the answer to whats wrong but remains to be seen. It seems like a number of studies have found antibodies in me/cfs, one example is Loebel 2016 which appears to be part of scheibenbogens team. They found antibodies in a subset of patients though so i wonder why there isnt full consistency. And if it is the case that some of these antibodies are impairing red blood cell deformability then exactly which ones is it.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0889159115300209

Another thing i saw yesterday was in the video below at the 38:45 mark Ron Davis is looking at capillaries below the finger nail and by visual inspection he claims that red blood cells are moving much slower through the capillaries in patients than in controls.

SWAlexander

Yes hopefully this could be the answer to whats wrong but remains to be seen. It seems like a number of studies have found antibodies in me/cfs, one example is Loebel 2016 which appears to be part of scheibenbogens team. They found antibodies in a subset of patients though so i wonder why there isnt full consistency. And if it is the case that some of these antibodies are impairing red blood cell deformability then exactly which ones is it.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0889159115300209

Another thing i saw yesterday was in the video below at the 38:45 mark Ron Davis is looking at capillaries below the finger nail and by visual inspection he claims that red blood cells are moving much slower through the capillaries in patients than in controls.

According to the Dr. Hohberger Erlangen Study BC007, the drug would have a multi-symptom impact.
Right now even German politicians are supporting funding for this study.
You may like to read about GPCRs
G protein-coupled receptor: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G_protein-coupled_receptor
Unfortunately, there is no single GPCR Test available YET.

Last edited:

SWAlexander

BC 007 Tracking long COVID in the blood
https://www.dw.com/en/tracking-long-covid-in-the-blood/av-60658430?maca=en-Twitter-sharing

What else could this BC 007 (GPCR) med do?
Ligand binding:
GPCRs include one or more receptors for the following ligands: sensory signal mediators (e.g., light and olfactory stimulatory molecules); adenosine, bombesin, bradykinin, endothelin, γ-aminobutyric acid (GABA), hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), melanocortins, neuropeptide Y, opioid peptides, opsins, somatostatin, GH, tachykinins, members of the vasoactive intestinal peptide family, and vasopressin; biogenic amines (e.g., dopamine, epinephrine, norepinephrine, histamine, serotonin, and melatonin); glutamate (metabotropic effect); glucagon; acetylcholine (muscarinic effect); chemokines; lipid mediators of inflammation (e.g., prostaglandins, prostanoids, platelet-activating factor, and leukotrienes); peptide hormones (e.g., calcitonin, C5a anaphylatoxin, follicle-stimulating hormone [FSH], gonadotropin-releasing hormone [GnRH], neurokinin, thyrotropin-releasing hormone [TRH], and oxytocin); and endocannabinoids.
GPCRs that act as receptors for stimuli that have not yet been identified are known as orphan receptors.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G_protein-coupled_receptor

I put the letter from mister irlsorfer through Google translate. Maybe it’s my hope reading instead of my eyes but it looks like the project is receiving €800.000. Or am I missing something? This really makes me want to cry with happiness.

The Free State of Bavaria is making further progress in research funding for long-COVID and ME/CFS:

Very good news from Munich! The government factions in the Bavarian state parliament presented their parliamentary group initiatives for the year 2022 at noon today in order to set special accents in Bavaria and thus support projects in the new year that require special funding. The health sector in particular can count on a total of 16 pioneering projects.

This also applies to the research areas Long-COVID and ME/CFS. The research project in Erlangen as part of BC007 research is to be funded with 800,000 euros - in addition to the 800,000 euros already planned for long-COVID research there.

In another project, the Bavaria-wide networking between the various advice centers (Munich, Erlangen and Würzburg) is to be substantially strengthened.
This is an important signal from Bavaria! The Free State makes it clear that research into less well-known diseases is also important and that those affected and their families are not left alone.

The direct funding of scientific projects and studies is essential in order to ensure timely improvements in care and thus for ME/CFS and long-COVID patients.

SWAlexander

As in complete? The amount missing?

At this time there was no further news available, except on FB, which I don`t have.

Now we know this:
Translated Excerpt:
"A funding application prepared and submitted by Erich Irlstorfer, Member of the German Bundestag, in cooperation with Prof. Behrends, Technical University of Munich, and Prof. Scheibenbogen, Charité Berlin, with regard to the disease ME/CFS (or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome). was approved by the committee. Thus, 900,000 euros from federal funds will flow into the establishment of a multi-center clinical ME/CFS register and a biobank with the evaluation of clinical care data from children, adolescents and adults with ME/CFS including post-Covid19-MECFS. Spread over three years, the research and supply structures will be expanded and given significant support. Even if further financial support is necessary in the future, the goal remains to create a transnational basis for the identification of diagnostic markers, new therapeutic approaches and preventive strategies."
original link: https://www.bernhard-seidenath.de/h...n-bundestages-genehmigt-me-cfs-foerderantrag/

Last edited:

SWAlexander

There is an article in PDF by Herbert Renz Polster available btw where he outlines the various ways it might work, its called:

BC-007: Will the „German miracle“ also work for ME/CFS ?

We will see. For now, this is a part of the study.

perrier

There is an article in PDF by Herbert Renz Polster available btw where he outlines the various ways it might work, its called:

BC-007: Will the „German miracle“ also work for ME/CFS ?
Do you have a link; even if it is in German, please

Do you have a link; even if it is in German, please
Sure, i hope its okay to post PDF links though.

Herbert Renz-Polster
Abstract

The aptamere BC-007 has shown preliminary promise as a potential pharmaceutical therapy against Long Covid and is currently under investigation in a clinical study. Several questions remain to be answered, among them: How does BC-007 work? How can the apparent remission of several months duration after a one time infusion be explained? And: Can the drug also be effective against Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS)?

https://www.kinder-verstehen.de/wp-content/uploads/BC007_miracle_in_need_of_explanation_122421.pdf

Treeman

Hi. Encouraging. I have some questions if anyone can answer them?

Is there a test for, "autoantibodies that attach to the G-protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs)"?

Will the research with me/CFS have selected people who have, "autoantibodies that attach to the G-protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs)"?

The Open Medicine Foundation found deformaty in the red blood cells and where going to try a lot of medications/supplements etc in their nano needle. Are they going to try BC007?

Thanks