• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Bad reaction NAC/Liposomal Glutathione Permanent Damage? :(

Hey hope one of you can help me.

I'm struggling with suspected long covid since 2021, alot of symptoms cleared but i still had severe brainfog/derealization and fatigue.

Somebody recommended me to try Liposomal Glutathion and NAC cus they had seen great benefits from it.

About 1.5 week ago i tried Liposomal Glutathione and felt pretty good right after it some of my brainfog lifted and had some more energy!
But the day after was terrible i had massive anxiety more fatigue, brainfog and a weird sensation in my jaw on the left side kind of numb feelin.

So i stopped taking Liposomal glutathione and tried NAC instead that day and now i have the following problems.

The numb jaw feeling become stronger and it spreaded to my lips and my hand (left side)

Also the first few days after i was broken i mostly spended my days in bed and had a nausea feeling breathing became more difficult and felt so weak.

Now 1.5 week later i dont feel that extreme fatigued anymore and the nausea is gone.
Also the breathing became better again.
But i still feel pretty weak in general still got the weird sensation in my jaw and hands and i feel a weird pressure on the left side of my head.

Obviously i didnt take any more glutathione or nac but it still hasnt disappeared 1.5 week later should i be worried? any tips?

Hope anybody can help me!

linusbert

i dont think this is permanent, you are also pretty early in. probably in a month or so you are back to baseline and you already got remissions.

glutathione supplements shouldnt be in blood, it can make the body stop own endogenous glutathion production. maybe this is your case. but body should adjust again.
idk if its the case with your supplement. s-acetyl-glutathion should prevent that issue and only be available in cells.

also Freddd mentions in his protocol that glutathion and nac f people up sometimes.
combining with b12 and disabling b12 for body to use i believe was the explanation, not 100% sure so.
in that case i would check one of the methylation protocols and pop some b12 and stuff.

L'engle

moogle
also Freddd mentions in his protocol that glutathion and nac f people up sometimes.

Yes I remember this as well. He recommended against NAC sources including whey protein. I forgot this and tried whey protein and actually felt pretty terrible afterwards. It took a while to go away.

@skaffa Hopefully you begin to feel better soon. I don't know if taking b12 might help? Be cautious with whatever you try.

JES

How much liposomal glutathione and NAC did you take? Some of us do worse on strong antioxidants, including myself.

This numb feeling sounds like possibly some kind of peripheral neuropathy. A lot of ME/CFS, long COVID etc. patients are dealing with it. Typically this sort of peripheral neuropathy is symmetric as in both sides of the body are affected evenly and usually the extremities more, so if you mainly have symptoms on the left side it could be something else.

Regarding the timeline, I usually recover from worsening due to a specific drug or supplement in a week or less, but I would not say 1.5 weeks is a long time yet. A month is a time frame within I would at least be optimistic about further improvement.

linusbert

Through NAC histamine is released. Maybe this caused some of your problems

thats a very good explanation, that explains for me why asthma/allergies gets worse.
does this apply also to SAG (s acetyl glutathione)?

Hey hope one of you can help me.

I'm struggling with suspected long covid since 2021, alot of symptoms cleared but i still had severe brainfog/derealization and fatigue.

Somebody recommended me to try Liposomal Glutathion and NAC cus they had seen great benefits from it.

About 1.5 week ago i tried Liposomal Glutathione and felt pretty good right after it some of my brainfog lifted and had some more energy!
But the day after was terrible i had massive anxiety more fatigue, brainfog and a weird sensation in my jaw on the left side kind of numb feelin.

So i stopped taking Liposomal glutathione and tried NAC instead that day and now i have the following problems.

The numb jaw feeling become stronger and it spreaded to my lips and my hand (left side)

Also the first few days after i was broken i mostly spended my days in bed and had a nausea feeling breathing became more difficult and felt so weak.

Now 1.5 week later i dont feel that extreme fatigued anymore and the nausea is gone.
Also the breathing became better again.
But i still feel pretty weak in general still got the weird sensation in my jaw and hands and i feel a weird pressure on the left side of my head.

Obviously i didnt take any more glutathione or nac but it still hasnt disappeared 1.5 week later should i be worried? any tips?

Hope anybody can help me!

If I were you I would also go to a doctor and try to get referred to a neurologist.

How much liposomal glutathione and NAC did you take? Some of us do worse on strong antioxidants, including myself.

This numb feeling sounds like possibly some kind of peripheral neuropathy. A lot of ME/CFS, long COVID etc. patients are dealing with it. Typically this sort of peripheral neuropathy is symmetric as in both sides of the body are affected evenly and usually the extremities more, so if you mainly have symptoms on the left side it could be something else.

Regarding the timeline, I usually recover from worsening due to a specific drug or supplement in a week or less, but I would not say 1.5 weeks is a long time yet. A month is a time frame within I would at least be optimistic about further improvement.

Still dealing with it now almost 2 weeks later :(

I took 2 pumps of Quicksilver Scientific Liposomal Glutathione 100MG total i think
And Thorne Nac 500MG

linusbert

little bit better but still here sadly, weird pressure at my left side of my skull comes and goes. also still a little numb feeling in my jaw. I will just try to give it some more time still hope it disappears 🙏

is it related in any way to how you hold your head, your posture?
this could come from your upper neck / head muscles.
could be some compression.
did you have at the same time maybe a little trauma to your head? back? missing one step while going up stairs or so?

if i sit very upright and put my head back, like leaning against a wall, i get numbness in my lips and cheeks and sometimes hands.

also when i sit in bad position my head neck muscles get tight and then i get all kinds of weird head problems. like pain in the forehead/eye stinging right through the skull to the back etc.

linusbert

little bit better but still here sadly, weird pressure at my left side of my skull comes and goes. also still a little numb feeling in my jaw. I will just try to give it some more time still hope it disappears 🙏
how are you doing now, one year later? @skaffa