• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

B2 I love you!

Gondwanaland

Unfortunately milk is a no-go for my immune system :(
Atopic dermatitis and generalized joint pain
ETA: + stuffed nose and GERD during the whole nights in days I drink any kind of milk. I do tolerate small amounts of butter and cheese daily and some heavy cream every now and then (no yogurt).

acrosstheveil

since starting riboflavin, I can't tolerate any methyl b12 of methylfolate. it is incredibly strong. maybe all I needed was riboflavin this whole time. I can only take like 5-10 mg every three days. and it seems no one makes a riboflavin supplement in less than 50 mg doses. I don't understand how people are taking 400 mg a day.

tried P5P for a couple weeks and it really messed me up. was having severe chest pains and felt like blood clots so I stopped it. R5P did the same thing. So weird. Luckily 99% of those symptoms have resolved with the help of serrapeptase.

Freddd

I am having this issue now. I only use food based B vitamin supplements, but using them causes B2 to get low and gives me fatigue.[/QUOTE]

My experience with B2 is that it drives more cells to be made and doesn't have (usually) enough methylfolate , MeCbl and AdoCbl to make the cells and makes for massive fatigue.. Look at the symptoms on the lists at that link and see what yo u have of them. It may tell you something that could work for th sump[toms.

https://www.quora.com/Has-someone-u..._filter__=all&__nsrc__=1&__snid3__=1808215186

Lolinda

J'aime nager dans le froid style Wim Hof.. 🏊‍♀️🙃
All B vits I think.
I can vouch for this. in case you want to know, here is my story how I learned it the hard way: when I took vitamin B1, I got a huge neuropathy attack. when I tried then very carefully other B vitamins (transdermally - which makes only a very small part absorb), I got small issues, that still made me stop. but then, when I used B2, I didn't get any issues. after supplementing B2 transdermally for a while, I became tolerant for the other vitamins. so I knew that lack of B2 was the culprit in me, and I knew that the other vitamins deplete B2. (the particular symptom of getting neuropathy is special to me: I have a mutation that causes neuropathy unless I have enough B2. so we could consider it as a practically useful internal B2 measurement :) )

-- just in case it might help you anything: meanwhile I have happily resolved all my vitamin issues. I found out that when I mix very small amounts of pure vitamin powders (measured on a cheap miligram scale) with a broccoli sprout smoothie (= a natural antibiotic) then I don't get issues from oral vitamins (in addition to all the neuropathy problems I had before). I believe it is because bacteria do not eat them before I absorb them) . I drink this far away from all meals as a smoothie.
as a result, I do not need to care about any vitamin deficiencies and any interactions between deficiencies and supplementations any more. my experience is that when I am well replete of all vitamins, then it is absolutely no problem to take somewhat more of one or the other, but until then one needs to increase them in tiny increments and carefully watch reactions and note down evrything.

in case you live in Europe, I recommend IMD lab in Berlin for all the B vitamins, they developed a special way of testing them: they do not do hplc, but they let bacteria grow on your blood. bacteria that are deficient in the tested vitamin. measure how much they grow. for me, it discovered deficiencies that hplc test did not discover in me. Upon replenishing, I earned various health improvements that can be directly linked to the vitamins. I learned about IMD when the Lab of the best hospital of my country told me, that they send blood to IMD when they do not know any further themselves :)

needless to say, I am happy as a bird, and I wish you the same.

Last edited:

keenly

I can vouch for this. in case you want to know, here is my story how I learned it the hard way: when I took vitamin B1, I got a huge neuropathy attack. when I tried then very carefully other B vitamins (transdermally - which makes only a very small part absorb), I got small issues, that still made me stop. but then, when I used B2, I didn't get any issues. after supplementing B2 transdermally for a while, I became tolerant for the other vitamins. so I knew that lack of B2 was the culprit in me, and I knew that the other vitamins deplete B2. (the particular symptom of getting neuropathy is special to me: I have a mutation that causes neuropathy unless I have enough B2. so we could consider it as a practically useful internal B2 measurement :) )

-- just in case it might help you anything: meanwhile I have happily resolved all my vitamin issues. I found out that when I mix very small amounts of pure vitamin powders (measured on a cheap miligram scale) with a broccoli sprout smoothie (= a natural antibiotic) then I don't get issues from oral vitamins (in addition to all the neuropathy problems I had before). I believe it is because bacteria do not eat them before I absorb them) . I drink this far away from all meals as a smoothie.
as a result, I do not need to care about any vitamin deficiencies and any interactions between deficiencies and supplementations any more. my experience is that when I am well replete of all vitamins, then it is absolutely no problem to take somewhat more of one or the other, but until then one needs to increase them in tiny increments and carefully watch reactions and note down evrything.

in case you live in Europe, I recommend IMD lab in Berlin for all the B vitamins, they developed a special way of testing them: they do not do hplc, but they let bacteria grow on your blood. bacteria that are deficient in the tested vitamin. measure how much they grow. for me, it discovered deficiencies that hplc test did not discover in me. Upon replenishing, I earned various health improvements that can be directly linked to the vitamins. I learned about IMD when the Lab of the best hospital of my country told me, that they send blood to IMD when they do not know any further themselves :)

needless to say, I am happy as a bird, and I wish you the same.

Using transdermal b vits ruined my life. The effect was horrible.
From now on I am not taking any b1 or synthetic vitamins.

Lambs liver covers B2, B12, Vitamin A, Copper and Iron needs. I am going to consume as much organ meats as I Can!

keenly

I am having this issue now. I only use food based B vitamin supplements, but using them causes B2 to get low and gives me fatigue.

My experience with B2 is that it drives more cells to be made and doesn't have (usually) enough methylfolate , MeCbl and AdoCbl to make the cells and makes for massive fatigue.. Look at the symptoms on the lists at that link and see what yo u have of them. It may tell you something that could work for th sump[toms.

https://www.quora.com/Has-someone-u..._filter__=all&__nsrc__=1&__snid3__=1808215186[/QUOTE]
Sorry Fredd I do not agree with taking huge amounts of synthetic vitamins. BTW; B12 is a light story.
https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...blue-light-destroys-it-leads-to-anemia.25494/

Lolinda

J'aime nager dans le froid style Wim Hof.. 🏊‍♀️🙃
Using transdermal b vits ruined my life. The effect was horrible.
I am very curious what has happened!!

Lambs liver covers B2, B12, Vitamin A, Copper and Iron needs. I am going to consume as much organ meats as I Can
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: I absolutely love the taste of liver, which many people hate, and recommend it to family & friends for the vitamin contents. if people only knew that we were eating liver, brain and bone marrow for the last hundred thousand years.... (and I hope my gut becomes happy again to tolerate these foods...)
so far I was able to start one paleo thing at least : swimming in ice cold wild rivers. the effect was life-changing. looking forward to get the benefits of the rest of paleo life (but I will keep my mobile phone :D )

Last edited:
Does anyone know why b2 would tank my blood pressure? Even at the smallest amount, like .1mg, my blood pressure tanks and I feel terrible. It’s the reason why I can’t continue to push methylation because I’m just driving a severe b2 deficiency.

dannybex

Does anyone know why b2 would tank my blood pressure? Even at the smallest amount, like .1mg, my blood pressure tanks and I feel terrible. It’s the reason why I can’t continue to push methylation because I’m just driving a severe b2 deficiency.
Well, it does absolutely nothing for my BP, but apparently it can lower it in some folks. Perhaps you don't need to supplement and are getting enough in your diet.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19952781/

Well, it does absolutely nothing for my BP, but apparently it can lower it in some folks. Perhaps you don't need to supplement and are getting enough in your diet.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19952781/
I saw this study as well! I know I need b2 because when I take it, methylation starts working again, however I have to suffer the dizzy spells for a few days. Also, my doc told me my OAT test showed a functional B2 deficiency. I feel so stuck if I can’t tolerate this vitamin!

Just to follow up, I switched forms to activated b2 as RP5 and can now tolerate as much b2 as I want. This form also doesnt make me nearly as depressed which I find strange because I know b2 helps speed up COMT and MAO-A / B which may lower catecholamines too much and result in depressed mood.

Makes me wonder if the activated form isnt as effective on those enzymes…