• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

B12 Co-Factor Cycling?

Hey :)

Just wondering if with the Freddd b12 protocol it's safe to take all the b12 and co-factors everyday? I have seen other types of supplement advise states that you should do 4 days on, 2 days off or other similar variations, 2 on 1 off, 8 on 4 off etc.

Is that advisable for this protocol?

Moof

I followed the British Society of Haematologists' advice to do a B12 injection every second day until you stop seeing improvements, and then gradually space them out more and more until you work out how often you need them. I now manage with an injection once a fortnight, unless I have to do something that needs more energy – when that happens, I put in an extra one in between. I take folate the day before an injection, and then another dose a few days later.

It works really well for me, but I'm guessing everyone will be different – it's probably a bit of a trial-and-error process. With everything I take, I always try and work out the absolute minimum necessary dose, so that my body doesn't get dependent/lazy. However, for severely ill people, that's probably much less of a priority.