• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Methyl90

I'm still handling lithium, I take this opportunity to ask for it once and for all, hoping to receive more information about it:

Does the dosage Fred refers to, from 1mg up to 20mg refer to lithium orotate or elemental lithium?

Hi, I don't know if this will do any good, but I think I have learned something new in this thread so I'll make a post. The one and only thing that has helped me is mixing fresh methylcobalamin powder with saline solution and doing an intramuscular injection of that every 48 hours (4mg MeB12/1ml saline).

I have noticed that once saline is added, the solution immediately begins losing potency until by about the 10th day it starts to become ineffective. This is with extreme care as to light exposure.

From reading this thread, I gather that I require this level of MeB12 to get penetration into the CSF. That injection holds me for about 36 hours and when I re-inject on the 2nd night, I wake up feeling great.

Or at least I did. I used to get my MeB12 powder from Oxford Biosciences but they switched suppliers in 2022 and I lost my health again. For 11 months I have been scouring the globe to try and find a comparable source of sterile powder for injection. Unfortunately, and insanely, I cannot obtain pure MeB12 powder anywhere else in the world. This is because pure, injectable MeB12 powder is not available to the public anywhere in the world. (If anyone reading this has a pharmacy license and is willing to help me obtain this substance...)

I have been postulating that there was something medically significant about that original powder I was using, but perhaps it's also simply the fact that a CFS penetrating dosage was part of the magic. I suspect that when Oxford Biosciences switched suppliers in 2022, they switched to a Chinese source because the new product feels "dirty" in my body.

That original powder felt like angels in my nervous system and had what I describe as a nervous system "flavor" of gently toasted almonds. More than anything, I think that sensation just spoke to a high quality, high purity product. It was heavenly and gave me boundless energy. As I said though, the powder I use now feels dirty and like there are some unwanted heavy metals in it. It barely has any positive effect and a noticeable negative effect.

Most recently I have tried the B12 transdermal oils and have been disappointed. There is some effect, but it takes a long time to come on and only lasts a little while. It's just not comparable to those original injections for me.

I have also ordered some 20mg/ml B12 from the University Pharmacy in Salt Lake City. That's a different animal. It does give me some physical and sexual energy, but it seems to have no effect on the brain. It behaves more like adenosylcobalamin so I don't know what to think about that.

After reading some of this thread, I am sucking on some Jarrow 5mg and will see what comes of that. I'm also going to try ordering some MeB12 ampules from Arnike in Germany. I'm coming to the end of the line though.

Thanks for reading.

drmullin30

Hi, I don't know if this will do any good, but I think I have learned something new in this thread so I'll make a post. The one and only thing that has helped me is mixing fresh methylcobalamin powder with saline solution and doing an intramuscular injection of that every 48 hours (4mg MeB12/1ml saline).

I have noticed that once saline is added, the solution immediately begins losing potency until by about the 10th day it starts to become ineffective. This is with extreme care as to light exposure.

From reading this thread, I gather that I require this level of MeB12 to get penetration into the CSF. That injection holds me for about 36 hours and when I re-inject on the 2nd night, I wake up feeling great.

Or at least I did. I used to get my MeB12 powder from Oxford Biosciences but they switched suppliers in 2022 and I lost my health again. For 11 months I have been scouring the globe to try and find a comparable source of sterile powder for injection. Unfortunately, and insanely, I cannot obtain pure MeB12 powder anywhere else in the world. This is because pure, injectable MeB12 powder is not available to the public anywhere in the world. (If anyone reading this has a pharmacy license and is willing to help me obtain this substance...)

I have been postulating that there was something medically significant about that original powder I was using, but perhaps it's also simply the fact that a CFS penetrating dosage was part of the magic. I suspect that when Oxford Biosciences switched suppliers in 2022, they switched to a Chinese source because the new product feels "dirty" in my body.

That original powder felt like angels in my nervous system and had what I describe as a nervous system "flavor" of gently toasted almonds. More than anything, I think that sensation just spoke to a high quality, high purity product. It was heavenly and gave me boundless energy. As I said though, the powder I use now feels dirty and like there are some unwanted heavy metals in it. It barely has any positive effect and a noticeable negative effect.

Most recently I have tried the B12 transdermal oils and have been disappointed. There is some effect, but it takes a long time to come on and only lasts a little while. It's just not comparable to those original injections for me.

I have also ordered some 20mg/ml B12 from the University Pharmacy in Salt Lake City. That's a different animal. It does give me some physical and sexual energy, but it seems to have no effect on the brain. It behaves more like adenosylcobalamin so I don't know what to think about that.

After reading some of this thread, I am sucking on some Jarrow 5mg and will see what comes of that. I'm also going to try ordering some MeB12 ampules from Arnike in Germany. I'm coming to the end of the line though.

Thanks for reading.
My apologies if you've have tried it and I missed your post, but have you tried Lithium? Lithium has been extremely important for a few members (as Methyl90's post above) who also required extremely high doses of b12. If you've had your genes mapped and have TCN SNPs for instance you might benefit from Lithium.

Last edited:

drmullin30

My apologies if you've have tried it and I missed your post, but have you tried Lithium? Lithium has been extremely important for a few members (as Methyl90's post above) who also required extremely high doses of b12. If you've had your genes mapped and have TCN SNPs for instance you might benefit from Lithium.
Thank you, I have tried lithium orotate (5mg) on several occasions. It seems quite clear that my body doesn't like it. I haven't experiences any positive effects from using it.

Johnmac

Thanks for reading.
With the oils, did you follow the protocol properly - e.g. test your thyroid, iron & D levels, take the cofactors of iodine, selenium, molybdenum, B2? (And wait several weeks?)

I've found that the more exacting I am, the better it works.