• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

August 8: Severe ME Understanding and Remembrance Day

Dakota15

Passing along this Twitter thread today from a Mayo Clinic MD on Severe ME Awareness Day. Many of us know how difficult it has been to inspire change at this specific facility, so this acknowledgment was a pleasant surprise.

For those that don't have Twitter, it reads:

"As we continue to learn more about the Post-COVID Syndrome, AKA Long COVID or PASC, I want to recognize the Millions Missing from Myalgic Encephalomyelitis / Chronic Fatigue Syndrome on this Severe ME Day.

After countless decades of being unheard - as has historically been the case of the differently-abled and female-predominant diseases - I hope that the research, medical care, and advocacy that Post-COVID is driving finally brings the attention you deserve

While I can't speak for all, know that many of us are hoping that our Post-COVID work may also help those with ME/CFS and other conditions (based on phenotypes similar to POTS, fibromyalgia, etc.). We hear you and we see you. Hopefully soon, we can support you too. #SevereMEDay”

(and she referenced that she essentially learned of ME/CFS through Unrest, once again proving advocacy matters)

Last edited: