• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

RyeRyeBread

Does anyone have any experience or interest in the Fold&Go Magshock electric wheelchair?

I've been searching for different mobility aids to help me get back to work, and I've fallen in love with the idea of this chair lol

It's about 55lbs, completely weather-proof, and foldable to a size that can fit in almost any regular car.

I'm still in the process of getting a diagnosis, and realize it may be a while until insurance is willing to cover anything, if ever, so I'm hoping somehow I'll come up with the $2800+ for this chair πŸ˜΅πŸ˜…πŸ’™

They do have a grant program, though I haven't seen much recent activity on their social media in regards to said program... but I'm still hopeful that they are continuing to give chairs away πŸ™πŸ˜‡

Definitely recommend checking out their website if you, too, could benefit from a lightweight, foldable electric chair!!! 😊

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I put these on the Retail Therapy thread (VIDEO and VIDEO and VIDEO) because I know how expensive these mobility chairs and scooters can be. (Turn down your speaker. Some of those videos are loud.) :eek:

I was just looking at a used scooter on Craigslist but sometimes even 10-20lbs can be too heavy for me. Trying to lift all the parts into my car??? I don't know if I could do it but with that set up in the video and a lightweight wheelchair maybe...??

Even this week, I saw a free wheelchair being given away on Craigslist so if I could get a free one it would just be a matter of purchasing the hover thing and attaching it somehow. With that first video example, I've been wondering if we even would need to attach it if our feet are resting solidly on it. ??

That 2nd one has a website where they sell handles that attach but I noticed their website is down today. :( Hope they get it up and going again. It looked like they had a lot of ideas along this same line.

Anyway, didn't mean to sidetrack your thread but thought you might be interested in seeing those.

Edit with just a note: I think the 2nd one would be too low to the ground for some of us as well as maybe a safety concern in parking lots and the 3rd one...I wouldn't feel safe in a moving chair w/no arms to hold onto. :)

Last edited:

RyeRyeBread

Does anyone have any experience or interest in the Fold&Go Magshock electric wheelchair?

I've been searching for different mobility aids to help me get back to work, and I've fallen in love with the idea of this chair lol

It's about 55lbs, completely weather-proof, and foldable to a size that can fit in almost any regular car.

I'm still in the process of getting a diagnosis, and realize it may be a while until insurance is willing to cover anything, if ever, so I'm hoping somehow I'll come up with the $2800+ for this chair πŸ˜΅πŸ˜…πŸ’™

They do have a grant program, though I haven't seen much recent activity on their social media in regards to said program... but I'm still hopeful that they are continuing to give chairs away πŸ™πŸ˜‡

Definitely recommend checking out their website if you, too, could benefit from a lightweight, foldable electric chair!!! 😊
Update, got my Fold&Go - absolutely love it and 100% recommend. The freedom it has given me is priceless. Due to the weight still being too much for me to get in and out of cars by myself though, I am currently in the process of getting a custom manual chair for daily use.

RyeRyeBread

Rye, any updates?

How did you find your chair? Did you have a dealer?

Yes, updates!
I got my Fold&Go from their website, as they have no physical dealer location. Ordered it online and it arrived in about a week.

My custom chair was delivered a few weeks ago, and I got it through working with National Seating & Mobility [NSM] and a local rehab place. It's an ultralightweight manual chair, and thus far it's been great! The whole process from eval to delivery only took 2-3 months! (which is insane, especially because there have been many delays for a lot of people recently)

Both chairs have absolutely changed my life and have allowed me to go out and do things without horribly crashing afterwards. I've gone to theme parks, shopping malls, local parks, strolls around town, etc. My new chair is even light enough that I can lift it down my front steps and back, independently! With my new chair, I'm even working with my local vocational services to possibly start working again.

I can answer any questions people have about Fold&Go's, as I still have mine and it will still be helping me for years to come I hope lol They are great chairs and the Fold&Go definitely took me places my manual couldn't even dream of πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I got it through working with National Seating & Mobility [NSM] and a local rehab place.
How did you work that out? Does it mean the chair was covered by insurance or something?

Edit: Also do you already get SSI or SSDI? I was turned down so maybe I still wouldn't be able to do something like this if that was a deciding factor for you being able to get it through rehab.