I am just learning about NMDA antagonists and I want to try some. Memantine seems to easily and cheaply available. What dose of memantine were you using? Opps- it is Agmatine that is cheaply available. Has anyone tried it?
The bioavailability of ketamine in the body depends on the way it is administered. Compared to IV administration, intramuscular (IM) administration is painful but results in 93% of the bioavailability of IV ketamine. Intranasal (IN) administration results in 25-50% of the bioavailability of IV administration, while oral administration results in only 16-20% of the bioavailability of IV administration
Data suggests that the protracted antidepressant-like effects of ketamine are mediated by molecular alterations to the signaling pathway for the mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR)
There is an inverted U-shape associated with ketamine-induced mTOR activation, with higher doses having no effect.
Note that mTORC1 is one of the two enzyme complexes that comprise mTOR.other antidepressants, including 5-HT2C receptor antagonists, citalopram ... all increase mTORC1 levels
However, the SSRI, sertraline, and the TCA, imipramine, actually have anti-proliferative effects that are mediated by inhibition of mTOR
• Non-competitive antagonist of the NMDA receptor (NMDAR)
• Negative allosteric modulator of the nACh receptor
• Weak agonist of the μ-opioid and κ-opioid receptors (10- and 20-fold less affinity relative to NMDAR, respectively), and very weak agonist of the δ-opioid receptor
• Agonist of the sigma receptor and D2 receptor
• Weak mACh receptor antagonist (10- to 20-fold less affinity relative to NMDAR)
• Inhibitor of the reuptake of serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine
• Voltage-gated sodium channel and L-type calcium channel blocker, and HCN1 cation channel blocker
• Inhibitor of nitric oxide synthase
Source: Ketamine - Wikipedia
I tried Ketamine at Dr Goldsteins in 1999. It worked briliantly then stopped.
It says he used Ketamine nasal spray 1:10 or 1:1 and oral swirl 1:1
Well I am using some of the things on that list so maybe another nmda antagonist might be a good Idea. I just ordered some agmatine- 500 mg caps. Based on what I see on the weight lifter forums I was thinking of 500 mg 3x daily. Any feedback on agmatine?