• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone tried Black Seed Oil?

Oliver3

Mine arrived. I took 1tsp. About 45min later i started to feel how i feel from some supplements. Brainfog, dry mouth, fatigue etc. Not sure if it is "die off" or i am sensitive.

Will keep on 1tsp a day

Hope you got some relief from it. Did you buy a good brand? Colds pressed organic?

@Oliver3 thank you.

And I continue to have improvements every day: better intellectual energy, emotional, less pain ..... I encourage you to try black seed oil. (You make oil : black seed cumin (1/2 theaspoon) in the olive oil (1/4 of cup). You put in frigo (you don't have bacteries) and you take 1 theaspoon by day or more....

ZeroGravitas

I titrated, over a few days, up to one capsule of Nootropics Depot Nigella Sativa 200mg (5% thymoquinone), as of a coule days ago.

Now I have mild flu-like symptoms - very slight: headache, limb soreness, phlem, now shivering so wrapped up extra warm, only 38C (in-ear), resting heart rate elevated from 60 to between 80-100.
[Edit: also amped up tinnitus for last few days and nearly passed out cooking just now, had to lie down on kitchen floor, which is new.🙄]

This would be only my 2nd time with sickness symptoms in the last ~13 yrars or so. Other time from when I raised a monosodium phosphate supplement past a modest amount.

Any ideas? Googling, it's all about how BSO is great *against* cold, flu, etc.

My other possibility could be my first proper time having Covid, since Mum's unsure about her cold.🤷
[Edit2: it was Covid, see below.]

About 45min later i started to feel how i feel from some supplements. Brainfog, dry mouth, fatigue etc.
it I found that it caused a big release of mycotoxins internally
Any developements from here?

How would one assist the elimination of (myco)toxins from the body, if guessing at that? Thanks. 🙂

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Incidentally, one of the reasons I'm trying BSO, aside from it being an acclaimed cure-all I've not taken before, is that there was speculation it might lower TNF-alpha. As a reason it might have helped someone with delayed sleep:
In a Reddit post today (in the Nootroptics sub), about someone who's delayed sleep phase had apparently been fixed by taking black seed oil, a commentor was speculating that it may have been due to thymoquinone reducing oxidative stress and thus TNF-alpha. Which they asserted, when raised, could suppress circadian entrainment. So:
I've not seen any other evidence for this as yet. Or coorberating theorising.

It is powerful for sure. I heard anecdotes it can induce implant rejection (like breast implants in women). For me, I started to get tooth pain in my old root canal teeth. This got me worried about what's in those root canals, and I ended up removing those teeth.

Also, BSO is being used for latent toxoplasmosis, particularly in the middle east. It seems like it has an effect of pushing the immune system to target hidden infections more aggressively.

Oliver3

Incidentally, one of the reasons I'm trying BSO, aside from it being an acclaimed cure-all I've not taken before, is that there was speculation it might lower TNF-alpha. As a reason it might have helped someone with delayed sleep:

I've not seen any other evidence for this as yet. Or coorberating theorising.
I think there was a French group working with OMF who were attempting to use thymoquinone . Not sure what happened to them but it had a profound effect on my pots and PTSD

ZeroGravitas

You could just have a flu-bug.
And... Yep. LFT today showed strong positive for covid. Sorry gang. 😳

This despite wearing an FFP2 everywhere outside my room. And despite not having any flu or colds at all for over a decade. Pressumably an odd coincidence. Or confluence (if BSO is immunomodulating).

Last edited:

Violeta

I titrated, over a few days, up to one capsule of Nootropics Depot Nigella Sativa 200mg (5% thymoquinone), as of a coule days ago.

Now I have mild flu-like symptoms - very slight: headache, limb soreness, phlem, now shivering so wrapped up extra warm, only 38C (in-ear), resting heart rate elevated from 60 to between 80-100. [Edit: also amped up tinnitus for last few days and nearly passed out cooking just now, had to lie down on kitchen floor, which is new.🙄]

This would be only my 2nd time with sickness symptoms in the last ~13 yrars or so. Other time from when I raised a monosodium phosphate supplement past a modest amount.

Any ideas? Googling, it's all about how BSO is great *against* cold, flu, etc.

My other possibility could be my first proper time having Covid, since Mum's unsure about her cold.🤷 [Edit2: it was Covid, see below.]

Any developements from here?

How would one assist the elimination of (myco)toxins from the body, if guessing at that? Thanks. 🙂
I wonder if your response to the black seed oil has something to do with it's effect on neurotransmitters.

This study found that it does have an effect on glutamine and glutamate.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2896676/
And then this study found that glutamine and glutamate are involved in tinnitus.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-022-07835-8