• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Antivirals Effective Against Coronavirus?

Rufous McKinney

and thus I asked "how can we sure that inhaling hydrogen peroxide won't damage the lungs and leave the patient more open to death by COVID-19?",

Which is why I previously pointed out the obvious that hydrogen peroxide is damaging to living cells and tissues.

Which is why it can kill things.

And why: I would personally not recommend breathing it.

YippeeKi YOW !!

hydrogen peroxide is a harsh chemical made in an industrial process.
As I pointed out elsewhere, gaseous hydrogen peroxide is present in every breath we breathe.

Food grade, highly dilute H2O2 is a very different animal than what you suggest in your posts, and has been used in a wide variety of treatments. Among others, when I was a child and my parents moved us to a foreign country, we used it to disinfect water until we could secure a purer source than was otherwise readily available. We also used it in conjunction with iodine tablets for the same purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:

YippeeKi YOW !!

Sushi got intravenous hydrogen peroxide therapy which put her ME/CFS into remission for 2 years. But it also caused permanent damage to the veins, and it's hard for her to get blood drawn as a result.
I assume that this was done by a Dr?

The treatment as I understood it from @Wayne 's post, consists of a highly dilute mix of H2O2, which essentially disinfects the water that comprises the mists, and iodine diluted to whatever level the Dr administering it deems appropriate.

Hip

I read @Wayne's post, and concerned that there might be some risks, I started Googling on possible ill effects of H2O2 in the lungs. That's when I discovered H2O2 can cause fluid build up in the lungs, at a certain dose. Well that seems like it would worsen COVID-19 ARDS, which involves a fluid build up in the lung air sacs.

I also searched for any studies or medical practices which might indicate that inhaling hydrogen peroxide into the lungs was considered safe, but could not find anything.

Food grade, highly dilute H2O2 is a very different animal than what you suggest in your posts, and has been used in a wide variety of treatments. Among others, when I was a child and my parents moved us to a foreign country, we used it to disinfect water until we could secure a purer source than was otherwise readily available. We also used it in conjunction with iodine tablets for the same purpose.

But we are not talking about ingesting it, we are talking about inhaling H2O2 into the virally-damaged lungs of COVID-19 patients. This is entirely untested, and may be dangerous. Obviously the dose of H2O2 used in the lungs will be a factor; you would have to check what sort of doses are typically uses by people who inhale hydrogen peroxide into the lungs. This article for example instructs you to spray 3% hydrogen peroxide down your throat and into the lungs.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I assume that this was done by a Dr?
It actually put me into remission for more than two years, perhaps four. I was in a clinic and, yes, it was run by doctors. Sadly, everyone who received IV hydrogen peroxide had vein damage. It is better now but still a problem when getting IVs in or blood drawn. Sorry for this little tangent.

Wayne

I've seen several references to interferon the past few weeks, and how it might be helpful for combatting COVID-19. I was doing some researching on DMSO's antiviral activity, and came across the following at THIS LINK:

Various pieces of research had shown DMSO to be effective against viruses and an important clue as to why this happened was given in 1971 by Dr. M. Kunze and associates in Vienna. Their study checked the production of interferon in mice following infection of the mice by the scientists with certain viruses.
They reported that when DMSO was injected 10 minutes after the mice were infected with viruses, "the animals produced anywhere from 2 to 16 times as much interferon as they would have, had no DMSO been given after their being infected".

Hipsman

Stumbled upon this article about a case report:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2213007120301350
Efficacy of glutathione therapy in relieving dyspnea associated with COVID-19 pneumonia: A report of 2 cases

Purpose
Infection with COVID-19 potentially can result in severe outcomes and death from “cytokine storm syndrome”, resulting in novel coronavirus pneumonia (NCP) with severe dyspnea, acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), fulminant myocarditis and multiorgan dysfunction with or without disseminated intravascular coagulation. No published treatment to date has been shown to adequately control the inflammation and respiratory symptoms associated with COVID-19, apart from oxygen therapy and assisted ventilation. We evaluated the effects of using high dose oral and/or IV glutathione in the treatment of 2 patients with dyspnea secondary to COVID-19 pneumonia.

Methods
Two patients living in New York City (NYC) with a history of Lyme and tick-borne co-infections experienced a cough and dyspnea and demonstrated radiological findings consistent with novel coronavirus pneumonia (NCP). A trial of 2 g of PO or IV glutathione was used in both patients and improved their dyspnea within 1 h of use. Repeated use of both 2000 mg of PO and IV glutathione was effective in further relieving respiratory symptoms.

Conclusion
Oral and IV glutathione, glutathione precursors (N-acetyl-cysteine) and alpha lipoic acid may represent a novel treatment approach for blocking NF-κB and addressing “cytokine storm syndrome” and respiratory distress in patients with COVID-19 pneumonia.

Glutathione has been mentioned here before:
Glutathione, preferably liposomal (though NAC also can raise glutathione)

Wayne

I've been watching a few of Dr. David Brownstein's interesting videos recently, which he's been posting on YouTube, and on his own website. He's the same guy who wrote the book, "Iodine : Why You Need It, Why You Can't Live Without It ... The following story and video is fairly typical of others I've seen, and describes how he's treating COVID-19 patients in the parking lot of his office, primarily with ozone, Vitamin C, and H2O2 & Iodine Nebulizing.

I just got a disconcerting email from Mercola.com (below). Makes me realize even more how much freedoms in America are under threat by the conventional medicine establishment and their allies in the U.S. government. I suspect the only reason they took this action is because Dr. Brownstein's successful non-conventional treatment of COVID-19 is gaining traction, and being viewed with alarm by the status quo.

Just to mention, Dr. Brownstein was very careful in all his videos to stress that he was not claiming his treatments were a cure for COVID-19, only that they helped support the immune system. He posted videos with patient interviews on how they'd been helped. -- It feels unfathomable to me that such simple expressions of free speech are being muzzled at a critical time when such examples of successful treatments should be celebrated and widely disseminated.

"Two Michigan doctors have been ordered to cease discussion about, or use of, natural health treatments for COVID-19 involving vitamins. Dr. David Brownstein had been blogging on various vitamin-based treatment protocols for the virus when the Federal Trade Commission notified him that he can’t blog, post, tweet or even send emails on the topic.
In late April federal law enforcement officials shut down Allure Medical Spa after Dr. Charles Mok announced that he was providing intravenous vitamin C therapy to all essential Michigan workers at risk of contracting COVID-19."
Here's what it says at the link:

Dear CHM Patients-
I want to let you know that we have been ordered by the FTC to stop making any statements about our treatment protocols of Vitamins A, C and D as well as nutritional IV’s, iodine, ozone and nebulization to support the immune system with respect to Coronavirus Diseases 2019 (COVID-19).​
According to this letter:
“It is unlawful under the FTC Act, 15 U.S.C Sec. 41 et seq. to advertise that a product or service can prevent, treat, or cure human disease unless you possess competent and reliable scientific evidence, including, when appropriate, well-controlled human clinical studies, substantiating that the claims are true at the time they are made. For COVID-19, no such study is currently known to exist for the products or services identified above. Thus, any Coronavirus-related prevention or treatment claims regarding such products or services are not supported by competent and reliable scientific evidence. You must immediately cease making all such claims.”​
What this means is that I will not be able to blog, post, tweet, email, etc. for awhile. I want you to know that CHM is NOT closing. I am still here and so are my colleagues. It is my honor to be your doctor.​
To All Our Health! ~DrB​

Rufous McKinney

If it was me I would tell them to F**k off.

ditto

And this can all be addressed by simply wording the post super cautiously.

Since COVID-19 is a novel virus, no studies can exist. It will take a very long time to complete the kind of studies they claim- must be undertaken but won't fund. Odd they can shut down things when- nobody is working, for instance, I can't resolve my taxes because the IRS won't answer a phone.

I wonder if they will similarly shut down the upcoming vaccine, which is unlikely to ever be tested directly on children for instance, yet they fully intend to inject children with whatever they invent next.

Unfortunately there is little citizens can do other than- Not Play Their Game.

Rufous McKinney

to stop making any statements about our treatment protocols of Vitamins A, C and D

So this link leads to an article describing what sounds like a comprehensive review and reanalysis of studies on Vit D data indicating it- helps..reduce.respiratory infections....HOWEVER- there does not seem to be a link to the paper in this article. Harvard.

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/st...irms-vitamin-d-protects-against-cold-and-flu/

This probably does not exist for ozone. So what can be stated or inferred from- this type of research? What is allowable to state? Tweet.

YippeeKi YOW !!

. Dr. David Brownstein had been blogging on various vitamin-based treatment protocols for the virus when the Federal Trade Commission notified him that he can’t blog, post, tweet or even send emails on the topic.

YIKES !!!

I don;t always agree with Dr. Brownstein's views and treatments, but this is really outrageous, especially coming from the Administration that was hawking hydrochloroquine without any testing re COVID, and continued to do so even after several research efforts shut themselves down because of cardiac issues resulting from the not outrageously high dosing used during the tests ....

Every time I think I've been outraged as much as I can be, something like this pops up, and my head explodes in flames again ....

Wayne

This article for example instructs you to spray 3% hydrogen peroxide down your throat and into the lungs.

From PubMed (1977)

[Virus Inactivation by Hydrogen Peroxide]
[Article in Russian]
R Mentel', R Shirrmakher, A Kevich, R S Dreĭzin, I Shmidt
  • PMID: 203115
Abstract
The effect of H2O2 on adenovirus types 3 and 6, adenoassociated virus type 4, rhinoviruses 1A, 1B, and type 7, myxoviruses, influenza A and B, respiratory syncytial virus, strain Long, and coronavirus strain 229E was studied in vitro, using different H2O2 concentration and timec of exposure.

H2O2 in a 3 percent concentration inactivated all the viruses under study within 1--30 min. Coronavirus and influenza viruses were found to be most sensitive. Reoviruses, adenoviruses and adenoassociated virus were relatively stable. H2O2 is a convenient means for virus inactivation.

JES

Kills viruses in vitro, like hundreds of other things. Hydroxychloroquine also works provenly against coronaviruses in vitro, but it's yet up for debate whether it's much useful in vivo.

Wayne

You did well to find that @Wayne!

@andyguitar -- I felt fortunate to have found it. I was surprised to run across it on an obscure 1-min. YouTube video with 71 views and 6 likes, which gave the source for the study. -- H2O2 vs. COVID-19 -- It's obscurity is probably what's kept it from being deleted by the YouTube censors.

A worldwide trial involving 40,000 subjects has started to see if it's of any use.

@andyguitar -- Now if only they'd do those same kind of trials for nebulized hydrogen peroxide (with iodine); high dose Vitamin C; nebulized glutathione; DMSO; licorice extract; ozone therapy; zinc supplementation, Vit. D supplementation; and a few others. I'm still utterly amazed at how effectively these kinds of proven antiviral therapies continue to be "muzzled" (for lack of a better word) by those who don't want the word to get out.

Getting back to H2O2; Dr. David Brownstein has used it extensively in treating his (almost 100) COVID-19 patients with excellent results. I've been aware of people using an H2O2 mist inhalation or nebulizing therapy for many years, usually getting excellent results for treating or preventing viral infections. From what I've learned, it seems likely this pandemic could quickly be brought under reasonable control if everybody was instructed on the proper use of nebulizing techniques and therapies.

Last edited: