• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Abilify tolerance

hmnr asg

@Hip I'm going to try amisulpride to see if i can reverse the abilify poop-out. I'm not sure if I should combine it, but i will initially take it on its own. I looked up goldpharma.com and there seems to a lot of different versions for amisulpride. Could you recommend which one is the most suitable one since you have experience with this medication already?
thank you!

@Hip I'm going to try amisulpride to see if i can reverse the abilify poop-out. I'm not sure if I should combine it, but i will initially take it on its own. I looked up goldpharma.com and there seems to a lot of different versions for amisulpride. Could you recommend which one is the most suitable one since you have experience with this medication already?
thank you!
How long have you been off abilify now?

hmnr asg

How long have you been off abilify now?
I got off and back on it twice but each time the break was no more than a month. This time I'm planning at least a six month break and so far it's been a month.

Unfortunately I was read someone comment on Cort's article on healthrising that he wasn't able to make abilify work even after a six month holiday. So I'm not very optimistic. That's why I'm thinking of giving amisulpride a shot.

I got off and back on it twice but each time the break was no more than a month. This time I'm planning at least a six month break and so far it's been a month.

Unfortunately I was read someone comment on Cort's article on healthrising that he wasn't able to make abilify work even after a six month holiday. So I'm not very optimistic. That's why I'm thinking of giving amisulpride a shot.
Okay, so you would like to try amisulpride before or after the 6 month break?

Unfortunately everyone is different and i think what works for one person (e.g, break, things like the amisulpride) might not work for the other.
Hope there is a solution for everyone.

hmnr asg

Find the comment by "Mark Martinho" under the comments sections of this blog:

https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2021/03/09/abilify-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-promise/
This is the comment:
"I am one of Dr. Bonilla’s patients and may be part of the numbers they reported. To me low dose Abilify was great, I felt great without side effects, but like most other drugs it ceased to work after about 6 months. I actually had a longer run and equally good response on Celebrex. That has also stopped doing it’s magic after 8 months and now I’m throwing some Adderall on top of it to function. I’d like to return to Abilify but it’s been about a year since I stopped taking it and I tried restarting a couple of times but it did not have the impact on me it once had."

hmnr asg

Okay, so you would like to try amisulpride before or after the 6 month break?

Unfortunately everyone is different and i think what works for one person (e.g, break, things like the amisulpride) might not work for the other.
Hope there is a solution for everyone.

I really don't know ! I'm desperate! I've gotten so much worse. I thought I get the pills first and then figure something out later. I really don't know what to do !

I really don't know ! I'm desperate! I've gotten so much worse. I thought I get the pills first and then figure something out later. I really don't know whato to do !
Its really hard and the problem is, that medical advise is missing a lot :( Do you have a good doc that could help?

Martin aka paused||M.E.

I'm as desperate as you are @hmnr asg
From what I understood he passed for a year and then tried to restart it multiple times :-(

Attachments

• 29FAEC70-38C6-4A92-8ADC-E79764197685.jpeg
    29FAEC70-38C6-4A92-8ADC-E79764197685.jpeg
    450.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 327D3AEA-2555-42A8-9709-95383B54CBEA.jpeg
    327D3AEA-2555-42A8-9709-95383B54CBEA.jpeg
    442.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 5CC1F2D7-34E6-4854-84D4-2FA0EE5D842D.jpeg
    5CC1F2D7-34E6-4854-84D4-2FA0EE5D842D.jpeg
    220.2 KB · Views: 28
  • B345E3ED-E656-49C6-9236-38ACA99DB66E.png
    B345E3ED-E656-49C6-9236-38ACA99DB66E.png
    758.8 KB · Views: 28
Maybe we ought to try the amisulpride then. I see no other alternatives :(

I'm also starting ldn from tomorrow but don't have much expectations from it.
Another idea would be cariprazine instead of Abilify. Some members in the Facebook group seem to get a similiar response from that.

Hipsman

Cariprazine is sold in local pharmacies where I am (Ukraine), 65$ for 28 pills 6mg each (so 1 gram is 386usd).

I can try sending it abroad as in Ukraine pharmacies don't ask for prescription 99% of the time, at least they didn't ask me for abilify prescription. Or you can try using forwarding company.

Also, max dose of ability is 30mg, max dose of Cariprazine is 6mg, so it could be that Cariprazine is as much as 5 times more potent as abilify.

lenora

What is exactly the point of your post ? You think people are not aware of side effects of these drugs ?

In the meantime, if you have found a medication or an intervention that treats cfs with the same level of effectiveness as abilify without side effects , please do share with us.

No, @hmnr asg, I don't know of anything that will treat this illness. I've had this for as long as it began in the Lake Tahoe area, probably before. So I do know the frustration of being you and just wanting your life back.

Unfortunately I've also seen the overuse of the wrong vitamins, herbs, supplements and even meds, legal or illegal. Today with the Internet one can get almost anything....but is it safe? I'm not trying to take away your hope, but do feel that everyone should be under the care of someone who is aware of what's being tried.

Hey, we all do the best we can. I'm now 74 and my life has passed me by...at least the life I knew. I've been fortunate enough to find another one, and I was married and had children by the time I had my first surgery. No, I encourage you to try what you can....but keep a doctor involved. Some side-effects are dangerous and no, not all people are informed, believe it or not. They're just looking for a way out and no, I certainly don't blame them or wish them harm. Yours, Lenora.[/QUOTE]

Hip

. I looked up goldpharma.com and there seems to a lot of different versions for amisulpride. Could you recommend which one is the most suitable one since you have experience with this medication already?

I get my amisulpride at Buy-Pharma, buying the 50 mg tablets, which can be cut into 12.5 mg quarters using a knife (I take 12.5 mg daily).

Goldpharma tends to carry a lot of different brands of the same drug; any brand will do, like this one for example.