• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Abilify- Stanford Clinic Patients

leokitten

And now the CFS clinic at stanford is telling people to try doses in the range of 0.1mg to 0.2mg which doesnt seen to be working.

The Bonilla Abilify Zoom meeting document said they were dosing Abilify up to 2 mg per day, so I believe that these are starting dosages to get patient feedback on effect and they would go up as needed?

hmnr asg

The Bonilla Abilify Zoom meeting document said they were dosing Abilify up to 2 mg per day, so I believe that these are starting dosages to get patient feedback on effect and they would go up as needed?
Sorry it seems I incorrectly assumed that was the final dose, I think you are right.

When they gave me abilify about three years ago they told me to start at 1mg and go up to 2. I guess they have revised that protocol since then and now they tell people to start lower and increase as needed.

mitoMAN

Has anyone been taking Abilify and Nimodipine or Pricateam / Sulbutiamine at the same time? Any noteworthy interactions?

Regarding Nimodipine:
ARIPiprazole and niMODipine may have additive effects in lowering your blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate. These side effects are most likely to be seen at the beginning of treatment, following a dose increase, or when treatment is restarted after an interruption.

junkcrap50

I haven't read the whole thread but have been following new posts as the come. So forgive me if it's been discussed.

What happens if Abilify is pulsed in its dosing? It has a very long half life. Maybe every day dosing isn't necessary. If the positive effects from Abilify are due to its anti-neuroinflammation rather than it's dopamine altering, as some suspect (I disagree. It dopamine mediated), could pulsing keep the anti-inflammatory effect?

leokitten

What happens if Abilify is pulsed in its dosing? It has a very long half life. Maybe every day dosing isn't necessary. If the positive effects from Abilify are due to its anti-neuroinflammation rather than it's dopamine altering, as some suspect (I disagree. It dopamine mediated), could pulsing keep the anti-inflammatory effect?

Pulse dosing drugs with long half-lives doesn’t really work to achieve what you mean. It will still result in a steady state concentration in plasma regardless of dosing interval, unless you have some really long time between doses which wouldn’t be useful.

A longer dosing interval will result in a lower steady state concentration compared to a shorter dosing interval of the same dosage, in the same way a lower dosage would compared to a higher dosage at the same interval. So taking X mg / n days would be equivalent to taking a smaller Y mg / every day.

JES

Another related anecdote. Low-dose quetiapine is used quite a lot off-label as a sleeping aid. I've read lots of accounts where it stops working (or tolerance develops, whatever you want to label it) after a relatively short amount of time.

Interestingly, I haven't heard as many cases of tolerance for the main purpose, normal-dose use of antipsychotics like in bipolar disease.

If they are planning a trial on Abilify and the endpoint is six months, we should be getting null results if the improvements are lost for a majority of patients, thus making the trial a bit pointless.

junkcrap50

Pulse dosing drugs with long half-lives doesn’t really work to achieve what you mean. It will still result in a steady state concentration in plasma regardless of dosing interval, unless you have some really long time between doses which wouldn’t be useful.

A longer dosing interval will result in a lower steady state concentration compared to a shorter dosing interval of the same dosage, in the same way a lower dosage would compared to a higher dosage at the same interval. So taking X mg / n days would be equivalent to taking a smaller Y mg / every day.
What about cycling the dosing / treatment? 1 week/month on, 1 week/month off. Or any other duration combinations.