• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Abilify- Stanford Clinic Patients

choochoo

He also told me in laymans terms that glutathione is over one thousand times more effective for the human body than Vitamin C.

hmnr asg

I have been sick for 10 years now and been a member of this forum for several.
I see a few arguments constantly resurface and essentially sabotage existing, otherwise useful conversations.
One of them is this:
  • Group A: " cfs is a single, heterogeneous disease with different manifestations in different people. Like cancer for example"
  • Group B: " no! cfs is a multifaceted, multiorgan, multi-group, multi-[insert word]. In fact some go further and say cfs is many diseases etc.
I think both can be true. Again, like cancer, its a single overarching cause but it manifests in different sub-types. BUT in order to understand the disease and come up with a cure we need to study the different aspects of cancer to get at its core cause. CFS may be multifaceted but i think what binds it all together is this PEM which is very unique to our kind of fatigue.

Also as the role of supplements, they are just chemicals the government decided to allow OTC versus prescription medication. There isnt like a real delineation in terms of their pharmaceutical effects. So, sure, someone could get better with supplements. I find COQ10 and selenium, theanine, BCAA and nicotine, all marginally helpful. But they are not a cure in any way. Otherwise we wouldn’t be here. I’d be out running and doing yoga.

But for the first time I feel like something is getting at the core of my cfs: abilify.

I think the most helpful goal of a forum is to share our personal experience with various things we try and somehow have this large collective, crowd sourced clinical trial sort of effect ( instead of getting stuck in semantics).

Last edited:

leokitten

FYI there’s another newer COX-2 inhibitor, etoricoxib, which has shown to be at least and possibly more effective as celecoxib. Not available in US but can be purchased from online pharmacies.

leokitten

Anyone know of a reliable online pharmacy for abilify?

goldpharma.com

I prefer to pay more and get the German version of meds from their site instead of those available from some other European countries. Doing this I’ve had zero problems, all real, retail packaged pharmaceutical medications. I used to live in Europe and these are the same manufacturers and packaging I got from drug stores there.

knackers323

goldpharma.com

I prefer to pay more and get the German version of meds from their site instead of those available from some other European countries. Doing this I’ve had zero problems, all real, retail packaged pharmaceutical medications. I used to live in Europe and these are the same manufacturers and packaging I got from drug stores there.

Do you have an online pharmacy that doesn’t require a prescription?

leokitten

They don’t require a preexisting prescription, go through the checkout screens and you will see you get an Rx from their doctors based on the questionnaire (and they always approve it). You don’t have to upload any docs or anything (those are all optional)

leokitten

In Europe they don’t have 2mg tablets (only 5mg which would be hard to cut to 1mg or less for example) but they have the Abilify oral solution 1mg/ml so with that you can easily low dose to your specific needs. I recently ordered this from them and they just shipped it. I also recently ordered etorcoxib from them too. I don’t plan on trialing the combo yet but want to have it available for when I’m ready.

knackers323

Some people get improvements and even sometimes remission from cfs with antidepressants, even though the don’t feel depressed.
Maybe it’s because of a similar mechanism
I myself have gotten good results from paroxetine and parnate, but strangely not from 20 or so other antidepressants that I’ve tried

Yuno

I just tried my first dose abilify 0,25 mg.
unfortunately that was enough to make me feel hyper stimulated in an unpleasant way and have trouble sleeping. 😔. bummer! after seeing martins progress i was sure to be up and running by christmas;). Well, doesn’t look like it. I’ll try 0,10 next time. even a tiny improvement in terms of energy would be so very welcome.

hmnr asg

I just tried my first dose abilify 0,25 mg.
unfortunately that was enough to make me feel hyper stimulated in an unpleasant way and have trouble sleeping. 😔. bummer! after seeing martins progress i was sure to be up and running by christmas;). Well, doesn’t look like it. I’ll try 0,10 next time. even a tiny improvement in terms of energy would be so very welcome.
The first week was terrible for me. But I have experience getting on and off many different antidepressants and I knew it was going to be hard. I told myself I would stay one week and then decide. It did make me feel wired but that went away gradually. I really dont think you can judge by a single dose. You have to give yourself a week to judge weather or not its working (unless you develop serious side effects or have an allergic reaction). Try the lower dose and stick by it and see where it goes (unless the side effects are intolerable, but accept that the first week is going to suck).
Obligatory warning: I am not a doctor and have no idea what im talking about.

Yuno

The first week was terrible for me. But I have experience getting on and off many different antidepressants and I knew it was going to be hard. I told myself I would stay one week and then decide. It did make me feel wired but that went away gradually. I really dont think you can judge by a single dose. You have to give yourself a week to judge weather or not its working (unless you develop serious side effects or have an allergic reaction). Try the lower dose and stick by it and see where it goes (unless the side effects are intolerable, but accept that the first week is going to suck).
Obligatory warning: I am not a doctor and have no idea what im talking about.
Thank you for sharing your experience! yes,i’ll definitely try to stick with it and lower the dose, also in spite of the unpleasant feelings i definitely had a slight uptick in energy the next day. fingers crossed 🤞🏻