• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A new way of thinking and searching

tyson oberle

Thank you for your kind words. Yes, I had to learn to hide it since early childhood, since everybody, incl. doctors told me there is nothing wrong with me and I just sought attention or I´m too lazy.

Yes, my doctor in the UK went for 2 1/4 hours through every detail. Back in the states, it was a young doctor in NM who suggested PPS but was overruled by his superior.
Far more hurting were the over 50 years among so-called friends, their ignorance, unsolicited advice and mockery (you are young and act like a feeble old woman, or are you getting old, etc). The biggest part in my life, besides the weakness, was when others were wearing tank tops and shorts I was wearing long pants and a cardigan because I was always cold.
Why do you think you were always cold? Do you think it was occuring from one of the 21 diagnosises you mentioned? or could it be low thyroid? or Anemia? or possibly from inefficient mitochondria not generating enough body heat? or bad circulation? or microclots?

Booble

Why do you think you were always cold? Do you think it was occuring from one of the 21 diagnosises you mentioned? or could it be low thyroid? or Anemia? or possibly from inefficient mitochondria not generating enough body heat? or bad circulation? or microclots?

Keep in mind that being cold all the time can also be from:
- being skinny, not having a lot of extra body fat padding
- being used to warmer weather
- not being active

SWAlexander

To tyson oberle. Your question is the puzzle of my life.
According to blood tests, my TSH is normal, and no Anemia. Unfortunately, I have no way to have a test for microclots. Polio is a muscle and nerve contacter problem that would explain bad circulation. Or it is VWF-Leiden.
I´ve been cold since early childhood (low temperature, average 36C), so I would guess that mitochondria are not working properly. Cortical insufficiency (first time diagnosed 1979) would be another indicator.

Last edited:

Booble

To tyson oberle. Your question is the puzzle of my life.
According to blood tests, my TSH is normal, and no Anemia. Unfortunately, I have no way to have a test for microclots. Polio is a muscle and nerve contacter problem that would explain bad circulation.
I´ve been cold since early childhood (low temperature, average 36C), so I would guess that mitochondria are not working properly.

I stopped trying to figure out.
Husband doesn't have any medical conditions and he's always freezing. It was 76 degrees in the house the other morning and he was bundling up.

SWAlexander

Husband doesn't have any medical conditions and he's always freezing.
My friend's husband was also always cold and tired. Last year he (finally) was tested for VWF (von Willebrand factor) platelet adhesion to the damaged vascular system.

Booble

My friend's husband was also always cold and tired. Last year he (finally) was tested for VWF (von Willebrand factor) platelet adhesion to the damaged vascular system.

My husband's just skinny.
Sorry about your friend's husband.

SWAlexander

Earlier in this post I mentioned winged scapula or snapping scapula, now a year later I have a diagnosis.

Waiting for a 2nd opinion but the neurologist is pretty sure.

In short (rough translation):
According to an earlier MRI and now physical exam, I´m certain that the Palsy of the long thoracic nerve winged scapula is the paralysis of the serratus anterior muscle resulting from damage to the long thoracic nerve.

For the patient with Covid-19 history and viral upper respiratory tract infection followed by shoulder pain and scapular winging, the most probable Dx would be both sides Parsonage-Turner Syndrome (PTS), also known as Neuralgic Amyotrophy or Brachial Plexus Neuritis.

Pronounced inflammatory response leads to neuronal damage causing neuropathic pain and muscle weakness often manifesting as scapular winging.
1695738055224.png

I

Last edited:

SWAlexander

is it like that all the time
It´s permanent.
It´s more than uncomfortable, it is also the damn muscle weakness.
Sometimes, after using my arms too much, carrying groceries, or cleaning, I cannot even lift a cup of coffee.
I have been unable to type for years now unless I'm bracing my elbows.
I suspect it is the damaged long thoracic nerve (T11 & 12), as shown in an MRI from 2014.