• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Next CFSAC Meeting - August 18th & 19th, 2015

Cheshire

Proposal 16
upload_2015-8-19_21-9-14.png

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I thought Carol Head made an exceptionally powerful speech. She seems like a fine leader, and someone who might be able bring all sides together in collaboration to inspire change, perhaps even at the NIH.

And she had me in tears re the headstone.

I agree - she had me weeping buckets too.

And she made very good points (very diplomatically) about the need for a long-term set of reviewers who are knowledgable about ME for the NIH panel.

jimells

but I'm leaning more towards the explanation that Wessely et. al. are lying sacks of dung and that illness definitions ultimately aren't all that important. As long as doctors are informed and use their brains even a bad definition will work.

Sir Simon is certainly a lying sack of dung! Thanks for the comic image - a real relief from the tedium of listening to the meeting.

I certainly get tired of the endless repetition of the same old arguments about names and definitions. I want to get well, dam it! What do I care what it's called?

Really, the committee needs to make just one recommendation, then they should refuse to meet until it is implemented:

FIRE NIH DIRECTOR COLLINS

Even if he is not part of the corruption around this disease, it is his responsibility to fix the current problems at NIH. And he has refused to do so, even going so far as to promote the idea that there aren't any good researchers submitting grant applications. This is probably why the researchers just sent a letter to Senator Mikulski - they are pissed at his insults and are finally fighting back against NIH intransigence.

Kati

Patient in training
I agree - she had me weeping buckets too.

And she made very good points (very diplomatically) about the need for a long-term set of reviewers who are knowledgable about ME for the NIH panel.
What were the reference to the headstone? i missed it