• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

COMT++ ... has anyone come up with any supps that work for this mutation?

Bansaw

I saw my doc last week and she says that they've found supplements for the other mutations, but not the COMT ones. I am ++ for both my COMT's.
Anyone had success dealing with their COMTs?

TheChosenOne

GABA + Magnesium works wonderfully.
I'm gonna try lithium soon.
I can tolerate hydroxycobalamin (1000 mcg) and methylfolate (400 mcg). I take methylcobalamin in very low doses.

Bansaw

GABA + Magnesium works wonderfully.
I'm gonna try lithium soon.
I can tolerate hydroxycobalamin (1000 mcg) and methylfolate (400 mcg). I take methylcobalamin in very low doses.
Thanks Chosen...
Do you have a natural source of GABA? My doc says I must try B12 adenosylcobalamin. She says this is the best form for my SNPs. That and possibly Hydro....
I see you are like me, both your COMTs are +/+. Do you use the cirate form of Magnesium? Am I right in thinking that Magnesium just serves to calm you down a little, or does it do soemthing extra? I've been using Magnesium Lactate but I don't think its done anything tangible for me.

TheChosenOne

You have MTRR/A66G+/+, so you might need some methylB12.
I take GABA as a supplement. Yes, I use magnesium citrate. I've used magnesium oxide before, but apparently it's very bad for the intestines. Magnesium makes GABA more effective.