Despite Our Losses, People with ME/CFS Want More
We've been cheated by ME/CFS and we all know it. That's a no-brainer, if you'll pardon the cognitive pun. And loss didn't just result from the bad things that befell us. It also encompasses the good things that just ... never came. The absence of bounty. Of wholeness. Of peace.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anyone use Binaural Beats (Sound Therapy) to Reregulate Brain Waves?

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by cbmtl, Jan 14, 2019.

1. cbmtl

cbmtl

USA
    I know one of the few things discovered during my sleep studies, was alpha-wave intrusion; curious whether binaural beats could be helpful.

Pyrrhus, Hufsamor, ljimbo423 and 2 others like this.
  2. jesse's mom

jesse's mom Moderator

Alabama USA
    I do listen to them sometimes, the high pitched ones are not comfortable for me. I don't really know if they work. Some people swear by them.

I am liking the meditation music right now.

cbmtl, Pyrrhus, Hufsamor and 3 others like this.
  3. sunshine44

sunshine44 Senior Member

I do find them helpful for a variety of things. There are certain frequencies I cannot listen to though.

cbmtl, Pyrrhus and Hufsamor like this.
  4. mattie

mattie Senior Member

Any recommendations / favorites?

cbmtl, Wayne, Pyrrhus and 2 others like this.
  5. jesse's mom

jesse's mom Moderator

Alabama USA
    @mattie , just back from tests at hospital. Will link after I rest up and look at my youtube faves.

cbmtl likes this.
  6. toyfoof

toyfoof Senior Member

Sedona, AZ
    I listen to them for help sleeping. Not sure if they work as advertised or if it’s more the white noise aspect, but I do like them.

My doctor has actually recommended me trying them for increasing energy, now that I think of it. I’ll have to go back in my notes to find the frequency he recommends.

cbmtl, Pyrrhus, Wolfcub and 1 other person like this.
  7. Wolfcub

Wolfcub Senior Member

SW UK
    I like the binaural tones, because they are musical.
    I experimented with the Theta wave binaural tones some years ago. I'd had a number of spontaneous out-of-body experiences, and heard that they could be encouraged to happen by using Theta waves.
    For me, nothing happened. Perhaps that was best, and I am content with that.
    But they were very nice and a gentle meditative sound. I used to just relax to them.
    In my case they did not induce Theta waves.

That is the only experience I have had with them.

They do work for some people.

I hear there are also Delta wave ones, and some on an 8-hour loop, which may in some people, induce deep sleep. I have not tried them.

Pyrrhus likes this.
  8. Pyrrhus

Pyrrhus As seen in the “Pyrrhus & Sisyphus Comedy Hour”

U.S., Earth
    I have been listening to binaural beats for a number of years now.

I remember being so surprised the first time I tried them and they worked. I really thought it was a bunch of nonsense until I tried them. The only thing you need to do is relax and concentrate on the sounds.

I highly recommend Jeffrey Thompson’s work:
    https://scientificsounds.com/

I find the Theta Waves good for meditation and the Delta Waves good for sleep.

cbmtl and Wayne like this.
  9. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    Tinnitus became a problem for me this past year, and I began to experiment with different kinds of masking sounds. So far, the one that seems to be the most soothing for me is THIS ONE. -- I feel I'm only beginning to learn about and experiment with various healing sounds, and would be interested in anybody else's favorite(s). -- Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    Pyrrhus likes this.
  10. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    I have used the ones to help sleep successfully in the past. They work to put me to sleep but as soon as the thing is over I wake up wide awake and can not then get back to sleep. Anyway, these are well worth trying.

My brain EEGs have shown that I have the common ME abnormality with that and that my brain waves do not go into the correct states when I'm relaxed with eyes shut (I assume its the same when I'm asleep)... so I guess that is why I found binaural beats of the right ones for sleep helpful. (the ones I was using was on a set of tapes so isn't on youtube).

I just listened to the one Wayne likes and found one just made me feel sicker. I'll try that that one again when I'm not feeling so ill (I'm very heat affected today).

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    Pyrrhus likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.