• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. I

Optimal supplementation and food for methylation

Also, there are some good responses here: http://www.mthfrsupport.com/forums/topic/optimal-supplementation-and-food-for-methylation/
  2. I

I did my own analysis based on this http://geneticgenie.org/all-mutations/ Here are the conclusions. Summary: - Trouble handling methyl donors (VDR+COMT) - 30%+ odds of decreased BH4 (Tetrahydrobiopterin) -> increased ammonia - Bad conversion of homocysteine to methionine - Avoid B6 (and B6?)...
  3. I

Thank you very much for your response! Can you recommend any good reader-friendly guides to create a customized plan? What about folate and other B vitamins? Sure, I eat lots of meat and occasionally liver which is especially good for B12 :)
  4. I

What is the easiest way to figure out the minimal effective dose of supplementation and dietary change to adjust for the following genetics? It seems that I have minor defects, but nothing serious. All other things being equal, I would love to take ZERO supplements and get everything from...
  5. I

Help in 23andme-based methylation analysis

Thank you very much for such a comprehensive answer! I'll certainly research these supplements and will watch a video. In a meanwhile, if you don't mind, another question. Why are you particularly concentrating on A1298C, is its impact more pronounced than that of other mutations...
  6. I

A combination of mild cases of mitral valve prolapse, connective tissue disease

Thank you very much for links and information! Nattokinase certainly looks interesting. Can you tell me how exactly did you figure out the right dose for you? Thank you!
  7. I

Thank you very much! I doubted anybody is going to read it :) I'll take a look at the link you provided.
  8. I

Thank you! I guess it's the same to http://www.holisticheal.com/media/downloads/guide-to-nutrigenomic-testing.pdf ? I'l try to dig deeper, but I'm afraid I'm not qualified enough to figure it all out by myself...
  9. I

Thank you very much! I already supplement with a multivitamin that seems to have all of these. It's called Nutrient 950 by Pure Encapsulations. Here is the list of ingredients http://www.pureencapsulations.com/itemdy00.asp?t1=mvck1 This is the best I could find. It has: riboflavin (B2) 50...
  10. I

Dear Arx, thank you for responding! Actually, this is exactly the website I used to create the table above. What I'm currently struggling with (as I'm not a biology/genetics/medicine major) is to interpret the data. I thought somebody could probably help with that. Thanks!
  11. I

Here are my results: I would really appreciate it if you could help with analysis. Additional background can be found in a separate thread. Thank you very much!
  12. I

A combination of mild cases of mitral valve prolapse, connective tissue disease, dysautonomia, and hyperhidrosis? Hello, everyone! First of all, thanks a lot for all the useful information you post here! I read a lot of articles on the website, but decided to post here because I hope that...