• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Cath1972

Do you get fevers? Ever?

That's interesting, through both labours of mine pre CFS, I ran a high fever to the point where the midwives were worried. After both births ( which ended in caeserians) I ran a high fever non stop for weeks with no known cause. After CFS, I do not run fevers, my normal temperature has dropped...
  2. Cath1972

Article: Unstable At the Core? NCF Funds Cutting-Edge ME/CFS Gene Study

Interesting reading, just wondered if anyone has looked at Over Training Syndrome (it has a new name now, but I can't remember what that is at the moment) anyway, I know for a fact, many years BC (before CFS Crisis) when I was fit, healthily and oh so active, I did over train once to the point...
  3. Cath1972

EEK- Travel Vaccinations!! HELP

Hey Peeps I am back! I went to Uganda, I had a wonderful time! I have to say I was irresponsible in the end and went without any vaccinations except for malaria tablets. I certainly am not condoning what I did or encouraging it either. It was a very long and hard decision and one that was...
  4. Cath1972

In my opinion ME/CFS could equally prevail in women and men

I think this is some how virus based that remains in your body dormant, and if you are susceptible then it can develop in CFS. I personally think its a virus that some how ultimately effects the Hypothalamus, which gets out of kilter and then, subsequently effects pretty much everything the...
  5. Cath1972

Wow, thank you for all your views, please keep them coming. Yes you are right, I have fought the diagnosis, and I probably am in denial as I know I am one of the lucky ones, ie relatively active. I cannot imagine feeling any worse then the worse I do (which can leave me feeling very fluey and...
  6. Cath1972

Wow thank you for all your responses. I really had no idea of the implications. I am seriously worried now, but I still really want to go. I think step one stop worrying!! You have all given me lots to think about. And that is what I will do ... let you know what happens.
  7. Cath1972

What Is Your Body Temperature? Rethinking 98.6

Hi sorry I am relatively new here, and just beginning to learn a few things. What do you mean by needed cofactors and how do you take mb12 adb12?!
  8. Cath1972

The Basic Sleep Poll

I used to have problems staying asleep, I would ping awake at 3 in the morning and be wide awake for 2-3 hours and then of course knackered all day. That resolved itself. Now I tend to have sleep problems as I am dropping off. Ie that moment somewhere between consciousness and unconsciousness...
  9. Cath1972

What Is Your Body Temperature? Rethinking 98.6

Hi, my normal body temp is 36.4 C ( I am 39) (I remember in my 20's - before CFS, it was always 37C). Anyway, when I feel really really hot to the point where my clothes/pyjamas are sticking, its only 36.7C. When I feel fluey and ill, it always drops to around 35.4-35.6C.
  10. Cath1972

Ok I have recently been diagnosed (October) with CFS after having symptoms for 4 years. Last year was a pretty good year for me and was getting back to my old active self without even realizing I had CFS. Not thinking about it I agreed to go on a once in a life time Gorilla trek in Uganda this...
  11. Cath1972

RECOMMENDATIONS FOR PHYSIO/SPORTS DOCTOR SURREY UK

Hi, I know what you mean but to make my life feel complete I need to have some sort of regular exercise in my life. I have taken it easy for the last 4 years. Sometimes I have good periods especially when I lived in Greece where I walked everywhere, swam regularly and had a relatively active...
  12. Cath1972

Flu-like ache CAN'T BEAR IT!

Hi has anyone got any recommendations for getting rid of flu like aches? Can deal with the dizzies, the fatigue, the weakness, but when its the flu like ache I cannot stand it. ibuprofen and paracetamol does not cut it! thanks!
  13. Cath1972

RECOMMENDATIONS FOR PHYSIO/SPORTS DOCTOR SURREY UK

Hi anyone know somebody I can see regarding setting up a properly paced exercise programme for me? Looks like I am on my own just being told to pace myself, which I obviously haven't been able to a master over the last 4 years, so I want to join a gym or get a trainer or something to do regular...
  14. Cath1972

Since your ME/CFS onset, have you caught the Cold & or Flu more or less frequently?

I was just talking about this the other day. I always feel like I am fighting something, or going down with something. People around me catch something and are ill for several days and then recover, my 'feel like I am fighting something' just gets worse and lasts for several weeks. My...