• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. little_bird

Anyone have any experience with reactions to flea products or suggestions?

I haven't specifically had any reaction to flea products, but fly sprays / insect sprays etc make me incredibly ill. Sore throat, relapse, the whole lot. I am very leery of insecticides and non-organic produce as a result.
  2. little_bird

Patterns of illness

I first got ill in September 2006 (EBV). Each year after that I have relapsed completely in September - in 2008 my system completely collapsed and that was when I got signed off work / was diagnosed. The relapse lasts until spring, and is quite profound. I'm usually pretty good in spring...
  3. little_bird

The 3 Ps A Closer Look at the Middle One

Thanks Rich - and thanks also for all the advice you've offered my Dad, which has filtered down to me and positively affected the way I try to live my life. There's a long way yet to go, but to be relatively (!) stable and without random relapses is really the "base camp" on this particular...
  4. little_bird

The 3 Ps A Closer Look at the Middle One

I don't really have anything to add to this thread, as you're all flying well above my head - but I wanted to pop in here to thank my lovely Daddy (Stressman) for working so hard to find a solution for me, and for my sister (I am "Curly"). I've been really fiddling with my diet this year, and...
  5. little_bird

Healthy until contracted ME/CFS?

Yes, I'd second (third?) an interest in this. It seems issues like endo / PCOS and similar are fairly common in people with CFS/ME/Fibro, in my experience (I don't have a female friend with CFS/ME or Fibro who hasn't also suffered endo or PCOS, or both).
  6. little_bird

Please help with survey in analysis of PACE trial - urgent

little_bird - moderate (but towards the severe end) today 3,3,2,3,3,3,3,2,2,3,3 bad 3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3 good 2,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,1,1,3
  7. little_bird

Hi U&Iraok! Yes - I used to use all sorts of things to prop my adrenalin levels up. Exciting music, work stress, exciting films, dancing around the house, sometimes even seeking out conflict (*innocent look*) - it's not pretty, but I did it, though I had no idea why I was doing it. And it...
  8. little_bird

Thanks for replying, Justy! It's always nice to hear you're not the only one with some of these symptoms (though I am sorry you have them, of course!). I've been a Londoner all my life. I wonder these days whether I ought to move away for my health, but it's such an awful idea because while...
  9. little_bird

What a great thread! I'm going to weigh in ... I had: - pneumonia in infancy - low stamina (I was that kid nobody ever chose for their team at sports) - muscle weakness (rode horses for years - never became unable to mount a horse without help, could never climb on frames or rope, and I...
  10. little_bird

The H2S Test Poll Part I: ME/CFS Patients

Hi Rich, I would like to confirm that in my case a relapse looks like this: > start feeling very ill > digestive system stops working > H2S level tests as high > complete collapse At no point during relapse can I tolerate Epsom Salt or Dead Sea Salt baths - they wipe me out...
  11. little_bird

The H2S Test Poll Part I: ME/CFS Patients

I ordered two tests. Took the first and got a very strong positive. Went to my GP with the results and instructions sheet, and asked her for the types of antibiotics I felt I needed, based on the symptoms I had (based in turn on Dr. De Meirleirs' breakdown of the likely causes of certain...
  12. little_bird

The Onset Poll

Hi Cort, I had a mild version of the symptoms all my life, but after an Epstein-Barr infection (and then two years of working flat-out, so no chance to rest at all, so the infection never stopped), my whole body just stopped working. I checked the second option in the poll, but it doesn't...