• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. N

Thyroid

Is this common for ME/CSF? My Tsh is normal and no antibodies. Got ultrasound and have 5 nodules. My mom has Hashimoto's so I dont know if I do or if it's from ME. So confusing...
  2. N

Stanford: Are you a local patient?

Ok thank you. Transportation is not a problem for me.
  3. N

Could it be inflammation?

My night driving vision is bad. I have had shiny skin since teen. I produce alot of sebum or lymph fluid under my skin.
  4. N

Stanford: Are you a local patient?

I am interested in participating in studies. I am in San Bernardino County, was diagnosed end of May this year. I have no clue how it works...does my insurance have to cover costs? I have local medicaid.
  5. N

Is this common to me/cfs?

My thyroid blood tests are all normal. Have Thyroid ultrasound next week. My Mom has Hashimoto's, RA, Sjogrens and collagen colitis. We are hunting for any autoimmune for me as I have Reynauds and livedo reticularis. Possibly have Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome...have one positive lupus...
  6. N

Could it be inflammation?

Not always but sometimes my eyesight gets blurry. Sometimes it's clear. I do notice more blur on bad days. Also more blur after a shower for a few hours. Anyone else experience this or know cause???
  7. N

What Is Your Body Temperature? Rethinking 98.6

My normal temp is around 97 degrees...but last 7 months running off and on fevers between 99.1-99.9.
  8. N

They only tested my AM so far...I'm sure they will do more tests now that that came up low.
  9. N

Adventures with ashwagandha

Maybe a nightshade intolerance???
  10. N

Recent labs taken in AM showed low Cortisol. Is this a common finding of me/cfs...???
  11. N

Dr.Chia ...are there was to get your insurance to cover?

I dont recall...but they mailed me info on all the choices...I think they choose for you if you dont. It was many years ago
  12. N

When I first started u was on straight Medicaid then they made me choose. I will be calling tomorrow to see if they have other options for me or if I can go back on straight Medicaid. I can also do Kaiser vit dont recall if he takes Kaiser. I have been in SSI for many years so I will call them...
  13. N

Hi I looked at the insurances he takes...and he does take Medicaid which I do have. I am in California...but my Medicaid is IEHP in San Bernardino County. Does anybody know if we can get our insurance to cover a Doctor in a different County??? His office is less than 2 hours away from me...I...
  14. N

Help with EBV results please

Hello... Last month my fatigue was very severe, heart rate was low so went to ER...they did a monospot test and was lightly positive. About a week later asked my rheumatologist to run panel. I have looked online and my results do not match any of the interpretations. Can you help??? My doc says...