• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

How to cure Candida in someone with stage 3 kidney disease

Hello She hasnt been able to yet as her hemoglobin was barely above the 10 cutoff limit. Then 2nd time it was 9.8 so she qualified for the shot but unfortunately her blood pressure had been elevated and since the shot can elevate it further MD is holding off for a few days until it can be more...
  2. S

High serum potassium but low RBC potassium

What can cause a high potassium level with serum testing (5.6) but shows low on RBC potassium on nutreval? She does have chronic kidney disease and also has a lot muscular cramps of legs etc. RBC magnesium levels are normal. She is however wasting a lot of taurine in urine. This is possibly from...
  3. S

Cause of normal iron but low hemoglobin and hematocrit?

What would be some causes of someone having normal or high normal serum iron and percent saturation with lowish ferritin and low hemoglobin and hematocrit? If B6 is normal what else can cause this? Is this related to methylation somewhere? Can low glycine itself cause this type of an issue? Has...
  4. S

Yes she looking at iron studies she is not iron deficient. Iron sat is varying greatly in 3 weeks. It was just close to 25% now its 43%. What can cause a high RDW but a normal MCV? Will look into the EPO as the fatigue is just unbearable for her. Thank you
  5. S

Yes she has chronic fatigue syndrome. Glutathione very depleted and very low in all B vitamins even though she takes a bunch.
  6. S

Best Biofilm Busters?

BINGO! Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks Vaer! I had been taking curcumin most days but need to be more consistent with this esp after seeing this!
  7. S

Best Biofilm Busters?

Hey Vaer! I was just thinking to check back with you to see which test you chose and how it went? I went with the Gi effects from Genova and was glad to see the commensal bacteria as Bifido ad lactobacilus was low. Nothing else came up on the stool test like pathogenic yeast or bacteria. Did you...
  8. S

Best Biofilm Busters?

HI Rich I did the GI effects which does the PCR testing. Even though I had a n active yeast infection at the time of test, nothing showed up on stool test but on amino acids on nutreval high arabinose was there. Interesting products that you mentioned. I have not heard of those before. The...
  9. S

Best Biofilm Busters?

HI Tammy Even though GI effects showed no pathogenic bacteria or fungi, I do have high IGG titers to EBV, HHV6, mycoplasma etc. Some docs look at that as just a past infection but recent literature shows if IGG titers are 4 times or so the reference range that it can be an ongoing infection...
  10. S

Best Biofilm Busters?

Thank you for all the tips! :)
  11. S

Best Biofilm Busters?

Interesting. Wow so how would one know if there was any bacteria along with yeast? The Gi effects showed no pathogenic bacteria present. I am taking a lot of Vit c. .Garden of Life brand. I am also on a low carb , mod protein, and moderate fat diet. I cant eat carbs at all without BG going up...
  12. S

HI All! Thanks for reply @Hip and jpcv. She is on a very low carb diet so diet cant be the cause of the yeast. So my concern with EPO is that she will most likely be given iron infusion along with the EPO. Would the excess iron cause yeast to proliferate. Also she has high IGG titers to EBV...
  13. S

Best Biofilm Busters?

Why does taking glutamine raise blood sugar in some people? What is the mechanism behind that?
  14. S

Best Biofilm Busters?

AHH so sneaky..I didnt realize the content was based on 2 pills instead of one for the interfase plus. Well the regular interfase it is then. The regular interfase is double the price but its 1 pill vs the 2 for plus version Also I did see one study on the use of berberine as an efflux pump...
  15. S

I wanted to get some advise on what to use to help my mom. She had high arabinose show up on nutreval ( it was 140 and reference range says it needs to be less than 96. Its in the high rd range, Citramalic acid is also high but tartaric acid is below detection limits. She has no active yeas...
  16. S

Best Biofilm Busters?

Thank you for your reply! Sorry I should have mentioned that its candida that I am dealing with plus stealth viruses like EBV, HHV6, an some mycoplasma. Immediate concern is the candida. I have already been taking milk thistle for a while now and continue to take it while I am on diflucan. Been...
  17. S

Best Biofilm Busters?

Can someone please recommend good biofilm busters that have worked for them? I have high arabinose on nutreval and MD placed me on 100 mg diflucan daily for a week and then one 100 mg once a week for next 6 wks. Does this seem about right? I am a bit worried about my liver with this protocol...
  18. S

Does high iron but low ferritin point to heavy metal toxicity?

Iron results aren't matching up. Can someone look at this and see what they can come up with please? Serum iron and Percent saturation is high while all other markers for iron appear low and ferritin is low compared to the percent saturation. Hematocrit, MCHC, RBC, hemoglobin are all lowish...
  19. S

Proper testing for Lyme with medicare

So the MD only wrote a test for Western Blot only and it only showed that band 41 was positive. Can this be a definitive negative for Lyme? Supposedly 2 of the bands have to be positive to equate to a positive test? Can anyone shed any light on this?
  20. S

Best comprehensive stool test? Genova, DD, or ubiome?

Hi Vaer Thank you for your response. I decided to go with Genova Gi effects.I did a 401H couple of yrs ago and all it showed was excessive enterobacter. Nothing else came up. Enterobacter is normal gut flora but I had an imbalance as I had too much of it. The 401 H test doesn't give you the...
  21. S

Proper testing for Lyme with medicare

Hi All Can anyone suggest which is the proper test to begin to rule out Lyme disease if one has medicare? The primary MD just wrote Lyme confirmatory test with cpt code 86617 with Labcorp. Is this enough? I keep reading that ELISA should be done with the western Blot. Which test number is this...
  22. S

Best comprehensive stool test? Genova, DD, or ubiome?

What is the best stool test please to see what type of gut pathogens might be causing gas and underlying gut dysbiosis? Genova GI effects, Genova CDSA with parastology, Genova CDSA 2.0, or Doctors data CDSA x3 pastology? Does the Ubiome test compare well to any of these tests? I would need a...
  23. S

How to interpret the cd57 panel

Maybe some other stealth viruses can cause these low numbers?!
  24. S

@MAOAr297r From what i had been reading less than 60 is indicative for Lyme. Not 100 percent sure on this. I hope someone else chimes in.
  25. S

viral panel in US?

Lol @kanga sue @ Timaca Thank you for the reply. Ive used Labcorp with igg and igm so hope results are accurate.
  26. S

viral panel in US?

Is there a way to test infectious viruses in a panel that is associated with chronic fatigue somewhere that is cost effective? The only thing I see right now is to test each virus individually with IGG and IGM with labcorp. IS there an easier way?
  27. S

CD4-CD8 Test Interpretation

Hello Can someone tell me what a ratio of CD4 to CD8 as 3.5 means? Does this lean more towards autoimmunity? Suppressor cells were low. Thanks
  28. S

@ Jonathan Edwards Thank you sir for your reply!
  29. S

Hi All I was wondering can someone shed some light on how to interpret the CD57 panel? The test was performed by Labcorp. Test results were CD8-/CD57+ to be 7.2 %( reference range was 2-17) and absolute CD8-CD57+ lymphs was 151 /uL (reference range being 60-360) What all can be deduced from...