• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

Need advice with simplified protocol

Here are my 23andme results. Can anyone help me make sense of this?
  2. A

Thanks for your thoughtful response! I don't have any functional doctors near me, unfortunately. Maybe I need to find one that will meet by phone.
  3. A

Hi. I’ve had mould toxicity for 6 years. I was re-exposed last summer. My biggest symptoms are my reactions, which are extreme. I found good housing and started CSM 7 months ago as per Shoemaker. That helped quite a bit, but with diminished returns over time. I started sauna a couple weeks ago...
  4. A

Ozone Therapy for Belongings

Thanks for the feedback guys. This is good to know. I'll look into this. If it destroys my gear, it might not be worth doing. Oh this is good to know! I wish I had a shed to put my stuff into with the machine. Did taping off the room keep the ozone out of the rest of the house? Could you...
  5. A

I'm sorry for your situation. :( That must be hard when it's your child that's sick.
  6. A

How big was the improvement?
  7. A

Interesting. For stuff, they put your things inside a cabinet that's ozonated. They do 15 minutes I think. I wonder how long my stuff should be in there for, I wonder... How bad would you say your sensitivity is and how much was it remedied?
  8. A

Hi everyone. A little background: A few years ago I got quite sick from a black mould exposure. Typical stuff: MCS, food allergies, lots weird immune things and neurological issues, candida, some kind of bacterial infection. I still struggle, but I've seen a lot of improvement as well...
  9. A

Binders; Zeolite vs Modified Citrus Pectin and others

Charcoal works well. So does diatomaceous earth.
  10. A

Staph and Increased sensitivities to everything after cholestyramine

Hi everybody. So I'd been trying detox and fairly extreme mold avoidance with a friend in Montana. But all my sensitivities kept increasing. I was at the point where I couldn't touch anything but one set of clothes without setting off brain inflammation. I've since stopped detoxing and am...
  11. A

Supplements that Repair the BBB

Following Sarah Ballentyne's autoimmune-paleo diet has helped my leaky gut out incredibly. It's called The Paleo Approach and is hands down the best researched gut repair/diet protocol around. Also, I'd be careful with the dosage of the GABA challenge. I tried a full capsule and I was...
  12. A

Cholestyramine herx means lyme?

I don't think so. In my past experience charcoal turns stool black. Green is usually associated with rapid transit through/inflammation of the small intestine.
  13. A

So my use of charcoal has resulted in some good periods and bad ones. At first I thought the bad ones were a delayed herx, but now I'm suspecting they're triggered by increased environmental sensitivity. Has anyone else experienced this? Also, my gut is quite swollen and my stool (sorry) is...
  14. A

Impossible: I've tried upwards of two rutabagas at a meal as an antifungal... nothing.
  15. A

Well, I did 15 drops because I figured it would be low enough that I wouldn't die, but high enough I would be able to tell what was going on.
  16. A

UPDATE: I tried 15 drops of cat's claw yesterday to see what kind of reaction I got. I experienced symptoms fairly close to my old yeast herx reaction--fogginess, heavy arms and legs, sleepiness. I actually passed out for a couple hours in the middle of the afternoon. Is it reasonable to assume...
  17. A

I really lack the funds for an expensive test right now. Is there a supplement which will typically cause only a herx reaction to lyme that I can use as a rough diagnostic?
  18. A

Hi all. So I've been trying toxin binders recently and having really bad herxes. I'm presuming they're herxes, anyway. Within 10-15 minutes I accumulate a worsening of neuro symptoms. This happened with both charcoal and cholestyramine. With the charcoal, however, I waited half an hour and...
  19. A

New immune responses after addressing mold exposure

Thanks for the info on hormones! I was definitely aware of TH1/TH2 and there effect on the immune system. I had a catastophic yeast problem for a year, and read up on this stuff. I was also aware of the difference between testosterone and estrogen (estrogen in a general sense only) and their...
  20. A

I haven't read Johnson's stuff. I will. Thanks for the tip.
  21. A

Mold Dr and tests in Canada?

Hi guys. I'm in Manitoba. I have GP who is willing to prescribe some things. I gave me a prescription of cholestyramine for example. So I think he would be willing to work alongside another doc. But I haven't been able to find a good mold doc around. I also don't think most of Shoemaker's tests...
  22. A

Mold Dr and tests in Canada?

Can anyone recommend a mold (Shoemaker) doc in Canada? Or tell me how I go about getting tests like C3a and C4a in Canada? Thanks a bunch guys.
  23. A

Diffusers

Thieves Essential Oils will apparently kill spores in the air. Richard Loyd recommends it as part of his version of Shoemaker's protocol. http://www.royalrife.com/mold_summary.pdf
  24. A

Diffusers

I've moved out of my moldy house but I didn't get rid of my stuff (I didn't realize the mold was the problem until I moved). So rather than getting rid of everything, I'm thinking about getting a diffuser. I'm wondering if anyone has had luck cleaning out their living environment with one? Did...
  25. A

Hi all, A couple years ago I moved into a moldy apartment. I got really sick there. First some kind of virus and then after starting some hormone therapy everything in my body went nuts. The neuro symptoms were the worst, but also fatigue, sweats, anxiety etc etc. I stopped hormone treatment...
  26. A

Cholestyramine and Actos

Hi all, I was wondering if someone could explain to me what Shoemaker means when he says some people get worse on cholestyramine and why ACTOS helps that. Thanks a ton.
  27. A

Mold tests and Doctors in Canada

Hi all, I had this originally posted in the general section, but realized it would be better placed here. I live a couple hours from Winnipeg in Brandon, MB. I moved into a moldy house, you know the rest. I moved out and immediately improved a lot but suddenly developed a host of immune...
  28. A

Need help with mold tests in Canada

Hi there. Impossible posted this on my behalf. (Thanks!) If anyone has any info on how I might get these tests done from Canada or if there might be any knowledgeable Lyme doctors in Manitoba, please let me know! Thanks guys!