• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

Weight lifting leading to Central Sleep apnea

@Wolfcub Thank you so much for the very helpful response. I hope others lend incredible ideas like this. I am very interested in this vagal nerve angle for 2 reasons: 1) I get this same response when getting acupuncture, which the practitioner is trying to stimulate the vagus nerve. 2) It's...
  2. D

Weight lifting leading to Central Sleep apnea

This one is a weird one, but folks here have helped me trouble shoot a number of things with methylation cycle stuff so I'm hoping someone can help with this. So Central Sleep apnea is when you stop breathing in the middle of the night. This is different from regular sleep apnea - which occurs...
  3. D

Methylation Protocol depletes Zinc?

I can totally identify with the dry skin, fatigue and insomnia. But how do we know these symptoms are related to Zinc depletion? @Andeno, do these symptoms resolve when specifically taking Zinc?
  4. D

I'll be interested in hearing more about why the above happens, but @adreno - what symptoms are going on that makes you feel like you need more Zinc?
  5. D

Per my previous posts, I've taken a Methylation Pathway Panel, which showed a classical methylation block as described by RichVank - depleted GSH, high GSSG, low SAMe, etc. I had a Spectracell vitamin and mineral test before starting the SMP and one just recently, a year after starting the...
  6. D

Accutane, Methylation Block and Glycine N-Methyltransferase

Dr. Van Konynenburg had previous post a few times on a well established pattern of Accutane causing a hyperactive Glycine N-Methyltransferase (1-6). http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/roaccutane-caused-depression-isotretinoin.12117/#post-206039...
  7. D

Neck tightness and pain on Methylation treatment

madietodd, Is it safe to take that much potassium in pill form at once? There are a lot of warnings about putting that much potassium in one place at one time in the GI tract. That's why I have stuck to foods (e.g. coconut water, bananas) for high doses.
  8. D

Taroki, Your ammonia finding is by far the most reasonable explanation I've heard. Particularly from Goggling around for hyperammonemia. Also, ammonia is a bi-product of the transulfuration pathway (whether it be from an up-regulation or not). I actually spoke with Dr. Audya (from Vitamin...
  9. D

I would also add that this data is from people with a grid lock methylation cycle. I would wonder what this data would look like should it be in no 'methylation block' people with the mutations - maybe run an experiment that measures the flow (since healthy people may be able to replenish...
  10. D

Valentijn, Thank you for weighing in. I've enjoyed your analysis of the popular SNPs in the enzymes of the methylation cycle. The CBS SNPs are at best controversial. You've previously cited some weak studies. But my favorite CBS related data is Figure 4 from Rich's trial, which shows that...
  11. D

Calendonia, Thank you so much for the feedback. Certainly this effect is proportional to the methylation supplements. But there is a lot that happens inbetween simulating Methionine-Synthesis/BHMT and the end products of the transulfuration pathway. What makes you suspect CBS is the main...
  12. D

fozzaw, This is very interesting. Thank you for the suggestion. I will try to see if there is a pattern in my active folate to B12 intake as well as try this steam approach.
  13. D

Thank you Shannah and Al Klien for your responses. I get 1,500-2,000 mg spread through out the day, mostly in coconut water and bananas (tablets rarely unless needed to avoid too much K+ at any one point). Also, I take 400mg of Mg at night.
  14. D

Hello, I've had two Methylation Pathway Panels, 4 months apart. The second one showed good improvement just from the classic Simplified Protocol, but there is still clear methylation cycle dysfunction per Dr. Van Konynenburg's typical characterization of a Methylation block (depleted GSH...
  15. D

High Methionine, yet blocked Methylation cycle

Hello all, this is my first post, though I've been around for a while. I've had two Methylation Pathway Panels, 4 months apart. The second one showed good improvement just from the classic Simplified Protocol, but there is still clear methylation cycle dysfunction per Dr. Van Konynenburg's...