• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Still Fighting CFS and Winning??

Update to my last entry. My daughter is finally getting a good nights sleep. And feeling a little more rested in the morning. Although her work stress level is extremely high right now, she is doing relatively good. The stress wears her out but she seems to recover from it a little easier.
We went ahead and added a Multi-vitamin and Mineral supplement just to cover any trace minerals we may have missed.
Just a side note, she recently went to one of her doctors and found that he was not familiar with Glutathione. He said he would do some research on it, but to continue with what we were already doing.
I also want to mention that I found out that the Bio-active Whey protein could take several months in some people to tell a difference. My family is taking it and some already see a change for the better.

I learned some things along the way while trying to help my daughter that I thought I would share with you.

1. After the age of 20 natural Glutathione production decreases at the rate of 10% per decade on average in healthy adults.
2. Adequate amounts of vitamins C, E, B-1, B-6, B-12, Folate, Selenium, Magnesium, and Zinc, either from diet or with additional supplementation are necessary for raising Glutathione levels. Their deficiencies are detrimental to Glutathione metabolism.
3. An average adult body contains 2-5 milligrams of vitamin B-12, with about 80% of it stored in the liver, some in the kidneys.
4. Oral contraceptives and anti-depressants deplete vitamins.
5. Sleeping with a light on lowers your bodies production of natural Melatonin.
6. Even though the amounts you need are very small, trace minerals are just as important to your health as major minerals.
7. The Tannins in tea destroy Thiamine.
8. Large doses of vitamin C can destroy B-12, take them an hour or more apart.

In closing, a wise doctor once told me "You have to treat the cause not the symptoms", seems like the only logical thing to me, but sadly I think it gets lost in some cases these days.

Comments

http://phoenixrising.me/treating-cfs-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-me/treating-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-mecfs-glutathione-and-the-methylation-cycle

Best wishes.

Blog entry information

Author
seunderwood
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from seunderwood