Very interesting video this one vs the others. Goes into the pathology as the title says behind viral debris being causative in long covid.
I haven't finished it yet so I can't really give a better summary.
- HIV virus mutates rapidly in the body over time. In an 18 month period they saw the sequencing had 50% missing vs the first sequencing sample on day 1.
- Wonder if EBV also mutates when it reactivating, same with hhv-6 and the like?
- He also says exercise mobilises the viruses moving them round the body. Which was already clear maybe with enteroviral infection but maybe that causes PEM? Although PEM seems to not always be identical in long covid, unless that's now changed.
- Goes on to discuss auto-antibodies: They do appear in patients a lot but it's not clear what it really means.
- Serotonin and Hormone Imbalance: Not clear how it relates to vascular inflammation yet. Body does mount an immune response around the menstrual cycle, partly informed by his HIV pathology a decade earlier.
- Tinnitus: Goes on to discuss antagonists that have been helpful in treating this condition. Various drugs are mentioned.
- How to stop the long covid symptoms (cause): They are looking at 10/15 patients cell numbers (covid cells), some drugs are reducing the number of cells containing covid.
So covid is in the body and it does appear to be a primary driver - that'll explain why some people are getting better after a vaccine then!