• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

XMRV Testing and clinical research study

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

I spent the last three days researching the XMRV information. I called the WPI Friday and actually got a call back today asking to donate blood for a clinical research study. The down side of this is you do not receive the results! I will be doing this as it seems to be important. I also called the VIP lab and got on the waiting list for a test kit(4 weeks) it was $650.00 for both tests for XMRV.

If you are interested in the clinical research study you must send an E-mail with your full name and address and a sentence stating you would like to participate.

E-mail the above to debbietc991@gmail.com

Also Debbie said there will be a questionnaire posted on the WPI site later this week that is very important to the current research.

Chris