• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Will be Ramping up MFolate/MB12 (need guidance)

sregan

Does anyone take Dr. Ben's product or have an electrolyte product they take?

I think what has been causing my distress was the recent addition of LCF. I'll have to read up on what that does. I only added a small amount and it's caused some substantial effects.

From @ahmo's Freddd document:

"So let’s consider what carnitine does. First, some people have to have LCF, about 90% of us here with these for whom it makes a difference. About 10% have to have ALCAR. It transports fats to mitochondria. It, by demonstration on me and others, causes proliferation of mitochondria in conjunction with the other 3 items. It causes muscles to grow back. It causes osteoblast proliferation strengthening bone. It cause neuroblast formation, encouraging neuronal healing and growth. These are essential to healing and causes demands on Methylfolate and potassium as it encourages new cells to grow as well as more mitochondrial density producing more ATP.

I started with a 500mg dose and had to be peeled off the ceiling. I was quite deficient. It was key in my taking off 85 pounds of water and healing all levels. A person who has no deficiency will have no obvious reaction. It was almost made a vitamin but wasn’t because some people can make enough of the right kinds. Even if they had it would have been ALCAR and most of us would be out in the cold anyway. I backed off to 128mg. After a few months I could increase to 250mgl, then a few more months 500mg. That turned out to have peak effect and 1000mg did nothing more so I backed off to 500."

So it seems like LCF is the healing gas pedal. Doesn't seem that ramping up would even be needed without using LCF??

I got a laugh from this quote from Freddd:

”Detox“ has so many meanings it is meaningless. The docs immediately go deaf when they hear that word and won’t hear a thing you said before or after.

Last edited:

sregan

In your case I would try the electrolytes separately, adding one by one, so you can adjust precisely how much you need and what form feels best for you.
After replenishing magnesium I used this electrolyte mix for a few days. I took 1 cap splitted in 3x a day.

Have you read this new post by Dr. Lynch that caledonia brought to our attention?

I've actually had that exact page up on my screen for the last couple of days. And yes I did read the article and was hoping also to see the video she mentions.

Last edited:

sregan

Dr. Ben's MTHFRAde recipe.

I looked all over, Dr. Ben's page mentions the ingredients. The links point to his own supplement company seekinghealth.com and one was broken. I was looking for the original formula. I found these:

Links:
Dr Ben's Page

How to make natural electrolyte mix (AKA MTHFRade)
http://jheldt.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-make-natural-electrolyte-mix-AKA-MTHFRade

For 1 gallon of electrolyte mix:

1 gallon (128 oz.) of water
2 Tablespoons (8 teaspoons, 40 grams) of D-Ribose
1 cup (8 oz) per gallon of electrolyte concentrate (if using Balanced Electrolyte Concentrate 20 Ounces by Body Bio) OR 2 Tablespoons + 2 Teaspoons electrolyte concentrate (if using Trace Minerals Research 40,000 Volts! Electrolyte Concentrate 8 fl oz by by Trace Minerals Research)
4 scoops (4.4 grams) of Optimal Creatine (or other magnesium bound creatine)
1 Tablespoon + 2 teaspoon of Vitamin C powder
4 teaspoons of Hyland's Bioplasma Cell salts
2 teaspoons of Stevia
1/2 cup liquid amino acid mix (if using Twinlab Cher-Amino Liquid Protein
by Twinlab)

http://www.lovingourguts.com/mthfrade-2/

http://naturogenix.com/collections/mthfrade
http://www.lovingourguts.com/mthfrade-2/

ahmo

Did you ever miss a dose or a day of doses for your mfolate and mb12. It seems that once you got your dosage way up if you missed a day because you didn't have your supps (ran out) you could crash almost immediately.
I don't go there. I don't skip doses, don't run out of things.:eek: I am going one day/week w/o MB12, substituting AdB12 instead, per Fred's most recent recommendations. Don't experience any differences.

sregan

I don't go there. I don't skip doses, don't run out of things.:eek: I am going one day/week w/o MB12, substituting AdB12 instead, per Fred's most recent recommendations. Don't experience any differences.

Is the AdB12 once per week a general Freddd recommendation or was that for you personally?

ahmo

@sregan That's his new suggestion in general: 30-50mg AdB12 once a week, on a day w/o MB12. I've settled at 40mg. I've been very tardy at making this edit to the guide, but will do one day. So far, it seems the only difference in practice I've seen from him.

sregan

I noticed about a week or more ago that I had what looked like a broken skin area in the corner of my mouth on the exterior. Now thinking this might be angular cheilitis?

So means I need to keep upping my folate right?

aturtles

An update: I no longer use Barlean's. I tried Wiley's fish oil, and I could feel the difference so clearly and positively in my body that I didn't look back. There can be so very much range in the quality of some supplements...!

Wileys. Highly recommended.

http://wileysfinest.com/faq/

O3FA: I use Barlean's Omega Swirl, because it's actual fish oil, not seed oil, and my understanding is that matters. Also not in capsules, so I believe it's more cost effective. Were I you, I would at least take some daily. Here is the exact O3FA I use:

http://www.amazon.com/Barleans-Organic-Oils-Ultra-Potency/dp/B009CWAGQ0/ref=sr_1_14?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1415674312&sr=1-14&keywords=barlean's omega