• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Why I think we'll cure ME in 2021 with immunotherapy

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
Hi everyone, I posted in the DRACO VTose thread about my interaction with the VTose immunotherapy team and my suggestions about how to get their therapy to work for HHV6 which is the only common virus blocking it from working for any combination of all of the known myalgic encephalomyelitis viruses. We discussed that their transduction tag carrier should be able to cross the blood brain barrier with the effective molecules. So it looks like they will pull it off and I fully expect that there will be a prescription drug regimen available to cure it proven in 2021 and available hopefully soon after. I am supporting their work because their approach is much easier than my approach which requires purchasing many supplements and has more safety risks because of the side effects. I still think there will be an over the counter market for my cheaper nonprescription approach but I want to do what is best for the patients and I think DRACO would be superior, although more expensive as a brand drug, in practice and needs to be implemented as soon as possible. Both approaches accomplish the same thing so I am helping them even though I stand nothing to gain by doing so.

We know that the fatigue and cognitive dysfunction is a result of the body's protective anti-viral defense because of mitochondral fragmentation (Bhapesh Prusty PhD) and that this reverses four days after eliminating the virally infected cells. So a cure is possible.

So don't do anything rash and rush to a european euthanasia clinic. Hang in there, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

If you want to follow VTose's development then join the mailing list here.

Happy Holidays.

Last edited:

bensmith

My world has really changed in the last year when i laughed at that last paragraph lol.

Every person on this forum is a damn scientist so i dont have anything to say one way or the other, but im a half empty kind of guy. Hope y’all are right but this is like the monolith in 2001 as far as my monkey brain can tell. But id nuke the damn globe for a way out so my fingers are certainly crossed.

Thanks for updates and get that boy laid. Or girl cant remember from previous post.

bread.

Hi everyone, I posted in the DRACO VTose thread about my interaction with the VTose immunotherapy team and my suggestions about how to get their therapy to work for HHV6 which is the only common virus blocking it from working for any combination of all of the known myalgic encephalomyelitis viruses. We discussed that their transduction tag carrier should be able to cross the blood brain barrier with the effective molecules. So it looks like they will pull it off and I fully expect that there will be a prescription drug regimen available to cure it proven in 2021 and available hopefully soon after. I am supporting their work because their approach is much easier than my approach which requires purchasing many supplements and has more safety risks because of the side effects. I still think there will be an over the counter market for my cheaper nonprescription approach but I want to do what is best for the patients and I think DRACO would be superior, although more expensive as a brand drug, in practice and needs to be implemented as soon as possible. Both approaches accomplish the same thing so I am helping them even though I stand nothing to gain by doing so.

We know that the fatigue and cognitive dysfunction is a result of the body's protective anti-viral defense because of mitochondral fragmentation (Bhapesh Prusty PhD) and that this reverses four days after eliminating the virally infected cells. So a cure is possible.

So don't do anything rash and rush to a european euthanasia clinic. Hang in there, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

If you want to follow VTose's development then join the mailing list here.

Happy Holidays.

?!?!?!?!

leokitten

I know this is just semantics and definitions, but why is it being called immunotherapy? I read a description of VTose and how it works and I don’t think it would be considered immunotherapy. Maybe I read an incomplete description.

Even the apoptosis, or controlled suicide part, cells do this by the millions everyday and our immune system just works to clean up the remains though that’s not immunotherapy.

Last edited:

Wishful

We know that the fatigue and cognitive dysfunction is a result of the body's protective anti-viral defense because of mitochondral fragmentation (Bhapesh Prusty PhD) and that this reverses four days after eliminating the virally infected cells.

Hmmm, I switched from full ME to fully healthy within hours of both cumin and T2, so I'm not sure that a process that takes 4 days is the same thing.

The Vtose stuff is certainly interesting, and could be a major breakthrough in dealing with viral infections, but I'm not at this time convinced that ME is a viral infection ... or a virally induced autoimmunity problem. I'll await further research.

... but I certainly won't complain if Vtose turns out to be a cure for ME. :)

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
Here are the things I like about VTose vs my system:
  • Doesn't require T-cell activation so no need for GcMAF which eliminate any risk of autoimmune disease as a side effect and lowers the cost as GcMAF is expensive.
  • Doesn't require shock protein inducers (alcohol, nicotine) and eliminates their negative effect (need for expensive Bystolic blood pressure medication, dealing with nicotine addiction).
The main thing I don't like about its current version is that it uses caspase 3 which requires an additional supplement to work if you have HHV6. They really need to switch to caspase 7.

bensmith

@gbells , Sorry if you mentioned this elsewhere but cfs drug by 2021 you mean they will be starting trials at this point? Or they expect fda approval by 2021?

I just looked at their site and they think 1.5 to 2 years for phase 1. Did you mean they would know if it works for cfs this year?

Last edited:

bensmith

For sure. I think they are starting on animals this year but hope it goes well and they end up starting phase 1 for people too.

Learner1

Here's a recent interview with the head of the company developing vTose.

"Rick Kiessig Discusses VTose, a Broad-Spectrum Antiviral | Lifespan.io" https://www.lifespan.io/news/rick-kiessig-discusses-vtose-a-broad-spectrum-antiviral/

Sounds like a very useful antiviral, if they ever get it to market, but it sounds like it's years away.

This drug would do nothing for immunodeficiency, bacterial or fungal infections, autoimmunity, hormonal or nutrient deficiencies or imbalances. It fix any spinal issues. So it's unlikely it would cure ME/CFS anytime soon.

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
So it's unlikely it would cure ME/CFS anytime soon.

None of those things are relevant to ME because they are treatable. The only thing that matters is the presence of chronic viruses and the mitochondral fragmentation defense. This is what medicine can't treat right now. Eliminate them and you reverse the ME.

Last edited by a moderator:

Learner1

None of those things are relevant to ME because they are treatable. The only thing that matters is the presence of chronic viruses and the mitochondral fragmentation defense. This is what medicine can't treat right now. Eliminate them and you reverse the ME.
Having eliminated my viruses and worked on repairing mitochondria for over 2 years has been very helpful, but it has not cured me - I still have autoimmunity, immunodeficiency, hormone issues, and extraordinary oxidative stress. The infections cause collateral damage that doesn't go away when the infections are beaten back.

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
We know that the fatigue and cognitive dysfunction is a result of the body's protective anti-viral defense because of mitochondral fragmentation
No we don't. We have almost no data on ME's actual mechanism

So don't do anything rash and rush to a european euthanasia clinic.
ME and rush are rarely found in the same sentence ;)